DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Shuttle Driver

Shuttle Driver19 reviews
It was a good company to work for. Flexible work schedule. It showed me what the hospitality business is all about in the eyes of an employee compared to that of a guest
Was a shuttle driver transporting guess from hotel to airport, airport to the hotel in a timely manner, following the road laws, the laws inside the airport, dealing with heavy traffic,
I truly enjoyed working with various people with different ideologies on life. This was a good place to make contact with potential employers. I would recommend this employer to friends and family.
I loved working there, but management gives a certain extremely catty staff member entirely too much control. I enjoyed the interaction with customers, and getting to meet and talk to people from all over the world. But the worst part and what ultimately led me to quit was the petty childish behavior from certain co-workers and management having little input for solutions. I would be happy to just ignore such behavior and coexist, but was regularly pulled aside with false accusations and hope for this to end. I feel like she forced me out because she didn't like me and management stood by and let it happen. I can only hope this was an isolated event because there was definitely potential and most of the rest of the staff was warm and welcoming. i just didn't want to work somewhere i would have to deal with petty childish nonsense every day.
Pros
Fun, Fast Paced, Steady work-flow made shifts go quickly
Cons
Low wage and childish coworkers made it not worth it.
Meet lots of interesting people here. Fun job over all. Mostly stress free! Staff is very supportive and helpful. The management trusts me to take good care of guests.
Pros
Top 100 places to work in Dallas per D Magazine
Cons
Some tend to take advantage of service offered
Terrible place to work - they hold their feelings on their shoulders....no Professional people - stressful and they take hours from you after hiring to me and the LIE about your dates of employment as well when you leave....TOTAL WASTE OF TIME
Cons
I have been employed at the Doubletree in Mundelein for over 3 years now and this is one of the most fun places to work at!

The entire hotel staff is down to earth and easy to work with. Everyone helps each other which is great! While at work it is also great to meet our guests!

I cant ask for a better group of people to work with!!!!
Pros
Employee lunch/dinners, hotel discounts, benefits if you need them
Cons
Absolutely none!
For my needs it was a good experience and enjoyed my tenure there. Management was okay, never expect to just do the job you were hired for in any Hotel employment venture you really are expected to be hands on and do other tasks if needed when understaffed. Up beat personality is the most required attribute.
Pros
gratuitys
Cons
lunch and dinner for emplyees sub standard
Guest runs in the morning. General cleaning of the hotel restrooms, lobby, hallways, ect. Keep the coffee filled. Front desk staff is nice and so are the housekeepers. Hardest part of the job was probably shoveling the sidewalks in the winter. The most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers and the guests.
Pros
discount at Hilton properties and at the restaurant that is attached
Cons
low pay of the type of job and various duties it included
I Loved my job. Variety is key to happiness. I received Great tips. Great incentives and bonuses. Great discounts at all Hilton Hotels. I used this benefit a lot. Great PTO
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
I would start at 5pm, go check the Lobby area, and bathrooms to see if they need to be replinish toilet tissue or paper towels. I would get the van keys and log in book, to start my night, check front desk for any hotel guest that need a ride to dinner or to an from office, or anywhere in a 5 miles radius. At the end of the night check all bathrooms in the lobby area ,empty all trash eat dinner, hand over the keys to front desk clock out then go home.
Pros
free dinner or lunch and discounts on hotel nights for vacation.
Cons
wished i could have more hours.
Transporting guest to & from Airport mingled with new ppl management were friendly, there was no hardest part of the job, didn't learn to much most enjoyable part was meeting new ppl
love driving the shuttle van loved meeting new people loved the discounted hotel stays or vacations. Loved working with the staff. wished i could have been full time.
Pros
free lunch or dinner
Cons
more hours
I wouldn't work there again.The management team is horrible. The hotel itself is great place to work. Everything is very well put together. You can tell they just selected friends to run the place
Pros
Horrible mangment team
Cons
Easy job
It's an ok job it can get much better if they listen to the employees. Some days are better than others but by this being my first hotel job I have leearned a lot.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
have to pay for breakfast and lunch
A very beautiful upscale hotel, with a very nice restaurant and bar. With a lot of very high-end guests, and Hilton Honors members.
Pros
Good food
Cons
long cold hours
drove passengers to and from airport to hotel,or hotel to airport, help in the banquet hall when there are banqest, serve people at the banquet and set up and clean up after ,liked my co-workers
I enjoy my job but feel I'm not compensated fairly, being at minimum wage. The tips are decent and the health benefits are good, but can be costly if you have a family (eg. I pay $450/month).

There does not seem to be much opportunity to advance and the management sees you as utterly replaceable and barely deserving of minimum wage, but they are friendly enough otherwise!
The pay rate was satifying so for that matter the company delivered good service to its employees, as far as I'm concerned.