DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Sous Chef

is that you may give your all but it was not always seen by upper management in the light you may think that it deserved but working hard you should not always look to be patted on the back. Putting your best foot forward you may achieve what others did not
Pros
free lunch for staff
Cons
only a 30 min break
Friendly people, great cookies, overall a nice place to work. They did have very busy times of the year, so sometimes the hours can be long. Great discounts on hotel rooms.
Pros
cookies
Great place to work alot of on hands training everyone cares and works as a Team, great benefits and holidays off rotated.teams members are recognized monthly employee of the month, birthdays, holidays we are a family here
Pros
Employee lunch provided and employee parking discount hotel stays
Cons
Covid-19 slowed us down yet coming back stronger every month
Really bad experience... I work before for real Hilton, I tell real because this is not Hilton or maybe this is Hilton toilet. The manager unprofessional at all. The employees part time KP and part time waiter. The floor manager everytime with phone. No procedure, no process, organizzativo very bad. The best all food was frozen or come in the kitchen ready cook... for that no chef work in the kitchen but just Jung guys without experience
Working for Hilton itself is OK. Its a good company I would recommend as a former employee . Unfortunately working for hotel's owner under hilton's franchise is completely different story... mind the difference.
Pros
Few
Cons
No personal life
Sangat banga pernah di didik,menjadi keluarga besar, DOUBLE TREE BY HILTON HOTEL, dan sampai saat ini RINDU UNTUK KEMBALI . I LOVE YOI
Look forward to continue my career in this industry. I enjoy cooking and creating new recipes. I like working independely and having the knowledge that my manager has faith in the work I do.
No motivation, poor wage not very competitive, asking for to much to do but at no extra pay. I will just avoid in the future. They lied to me in the beginning and apparently I was not the only one
Don't even apply. By far,the worst company I have ever worked for. Gm is ALWAYS stoned. So have fun. Gaaa. Felt like I was back in high school with the drama these ladies created. No way this hotel will ever make money in their kitchen.
may have just been the "team" i happened to work with. i'd like to believe that it has improved, but going back to find out. only bright spot was my immediate supervisor. really great person to work for and along side.
Jobs at DoubleTree by Hilton
Sous Chef positions
See more jobs
management really good, great team to work with, can be quiet at times but can also be very busy. great in house progression. small team but work well together
I'm happy to work here. I have great bosses. I have fun at work. Room for growth. Fast paced good place to work. Great incentives for just doing your basic job functions.
Love working for this company, I've tried getting a job in Canada since I've moved here but on successful. But unable to I would love to work for this company again.
We were a very busy place. It was a union hotel so it came with its own extra procedures. It was a great experience for my career .The building was very old and needed a lot of renovation.
Pros
very busy place.
Cons
Not enough employees
Hotel management was constantly on you to raise their SALT scores, but did nothing to help you raise them, and had no trouble at all throwing you under the bus for something they messed up. Insurances are available but prices were high as a single person, nearly impossible to swing with a family on a policy with only one job. Major discounts on Hilton brand hotels were great, getting any personal time to use that benefit was n going to happen, though. Peers in the workplace were all fantastic people, the only other positive there.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Upper management
It it an excellent co pant to work FOR the kitchen is clean bright staff is friendly manage works with people that work with them free meals no uniforms only draw back
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No unis
It was the remarkable experience by working with this company, as they clear vision of to grow with them as you work.The senior's chef are always helping me to lead the team. help me a lot to excel my opportunity to grow & help me in every part of the day & life. Given me the exposure to learn & train the other through practically and theoretically. They have given me the opportunity to work in banquets as its the biggest revenue generated outlet in the hotel, where i need to learn and the same had been provided by them. Exposure to learn the skills from different Master chef under different cuisine.. Team was very supportive & pleasure to work with them.
The management is horrible childish and does not listen to any suggestions or solutions. Preferential treatment to certain workers. And the paid time off is a joke.
I have never been so abused in a working place as I was in Double Tree by Hilton Dartford Bridge. Due to the unnecessary pressure taken due to the lack of staffs I resigned. I mistakenly gave a 2 weeks notice (I was supposed to give 30 days notice). They accepted my notice period and didn't say a thing to me. I just found out about my mistake when my payment came. They simply deducted if from my payment without saying a word to me. If they had said about my mistake I would have fixed, but the intention was to use my services and keep my money.
Cons
The Double Tree had an excellent staff that worked there the only drawback was they did not manage their money very well and many employees felt the outcome.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
poor money managment
The position is fast-paced and ever-changing! You can meet a lot of people with varying skill levels, and there are diverse events that come through the hotel.