DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Sous Chef

Found 38 reviews matching the search See all 4,115 reviews
Company is a joke
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WI27 November 2019
Don't even apply. By far,the worst company I have ever worked for. Gm is ALWAYS stoned. So have fun. Gaaa. Felt like I was back in high school with the drama these ladies created. No way this hotel will ever make money in their kitchen.
not fun
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LA11 November 2019
may have just been the "team" i happened to work with. i'd like to believe that it has improved, but going back to find out. only bright spot was my immediate supervisor. really great person to work for and along side.
great progression
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire4 November 2019
management really good, great team to work with, can be quiet at times but can also be very busy. great in house progression. small team but work well together
Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC6 September 2019
I'm happy to work here. I have great bosses. I have fun at work. Room for growth. Fast paced good place to work. Great incentives for just doing your basic job functions.
Donald
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FL7 August 2019
Love working for this company, I've tried getting a job in Canada since I've moved here but on successful. But unable to I would love to work for this company again.
Very busy and chalanging place to work.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MN26 June 2019
We were a very busy place. It was a union hotel so it came with its own extra procedures. It was a great experience for my career .The building was very old and needed a lot of renovation.
Pros
very busy place.
Cons
Not enough employees
Bad management, 4-5 different GMs in 8 months, 3 Director of Ops,
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK23 May 2019
Hotel management was constantly on you to raise their SALT scores, but did nothing to help you raise them, and had no trouble at all throwing you under the bus for something they messed up. Insurances are available but prices were high as a single person, nearly impossible to swing with a family on a policy with only one job. Major discounts on Hilton brand hotels were great, getting any personal time to use that benefit was n going to happen, though. Peers in the workplace were all fantastic people, the only other positive there.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Upper management
Good
Lead Line Cook/Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN22 April 2019
It it an excellent co pant to work FOR the kitchen is clean bright staff is friendly manage works with people that work with them free meals no uniforms only draw back
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No unis
great company to work
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Pune, India4 April 2019
It was the remarkable experience by working with this company, as they clear vision of to grow with them as you work.The senior's chef are always helping me to lead the team. help me a lot to excel my opportunity to grow & help me in every part of the day & life. Given me the exposure to learn & train the other through practically and theoretically. They have given me the opportunity to work in banquets as its the biggest revenue generated outlet in the hotel, where i need to learn and the same had been provided by them. Exposure to learn the skills from different Master chef under different cuisine.. Team was very supportive & pleasure to work with them.
Do not work here
Sous Chef evening (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SC24 March 2019
The management is horrible childish and does not listen to any suggestions or solutions. Preferential treatment to certain workers. And the paid time off is a joke.
Very abusive working place.
Junior Sous Chef/Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Hilton23 January 2019
I have never been so abused in a working place as I was in Double Tree by Hilton Dartford Bridge. Due to the unnecessary pressure taken due to the lack of staffs I resigned. I mistakenly gave a 2 weeks notice (I was supposed to give 30 days notice). They accepted my notice period and didn't say a thing to me. I just found out about my mistake when my payment came. They simply deducted if from my payment without saying a word to me. If they had said about my mistake I would have fixed, but the intention was to use my services and keep my money.
Cons
Great Staff but poor money management
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MS5 June 2018
The Double Tree had an excellent staff that worked there the only drawback was they did not manage their money very well and many employees felt the outcome.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
poor money managment
Enjoyable and Fast-Paced
Junior Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA22 April 2018
The position is fast-paced and ever-changing! You can meet a lot of people with varying skill levels, and there are diverse events that come through the hotel.
Great place to learn and grow
Sous chef (Current Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CT24 February 2018
When I started working for this company I felt comfortable because of the employees. When I read the menu I was excited about the different things that I will cooking.
Pros
Good steady pace
Cons
Some of the employees lack passions
the experience at the doubletree
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MA26 January 2018
i learn how new things about the American kitshen cuz i ve being working and learning for years about the frensh kitshen and the moroccain kitshen .and that's i like it so much
the team work , and the hard part of this job for me is the transportation cuz i live to far the
Hilton's are the Best company to work for
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL17 January 2018
My First choice of hotels to work for are Hilton Brands. It's never the Brand/Company that you work for; it's always the poor Management that makes you want to leave a great place.
Pros
Great Place
Cons
Poor Management
Overall good place to work
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ25 August 2017
Upper management needs improving. They had a hard time relating to hourly staff, and communication was always lacking. Hourly staff was excellent, and did a great job with the guests.
Fun and divers environment
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL7 March 2017
Very organize and fun fast paste environment , every members working as a team to the height levels for the guest satisfactions. Always fun and living the company values .
working based on the BRAND STANDARD
sous chef (Former Employee) –  Johor Bahru6 February 2017
to be motivation and knowlegde about working..to know about Brand Standard Hilton..Hilton more to develope skill and knowlegde for team member
Pros
more to motivation our staff
Cons
more to doing smothing not follow supervisor
No benefits no paid vac no advancement no paid holidays
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Thornton, CO18 July 2016
Not a place to start a career
Need to give benifits go to this place for dead end job
The following user says thank you for your time

51.5K