DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Supervisor23 reviews
A good place to work with
A good place to work
Good team work and friendly employees. The managers are always open to solve the problems of employees. Even when the employees do some thing wrong, they will advise them not to do such things again
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
Dont even bother
They agree to work with your hours before getting hired, but once you're hired they do not at all. The hotel is full of drama. They talk about other peoples personal lives too much! If you are not friends with upper management it will not benefit you. They do not treat their employees with respect at all!! DONT BOTHER!!!
Na
I loved working for this company. I would definitely recommend working for this company. They actually care about their employee's. There benefits are great!
A leader
Love the way they are always tiring to inprove the hotel staff is always smiling and everyone who stays there gets a warm chocolate chip cookie when checking in and are happy ti help with special requests very nice place
older hotel with pros and cons
I work for a hotel that has both pros and cons. We provide a shuttle service to NYC that people enjoy for the most part. Unfortunately, the hotel is located in an area where if ou don't have a car, ou can feel isolated. As an older hotel, it has problems. It is drab in the rooms, which are smallish, has AC challenges,

I like many of the people I work with, some, not so much. The current GM is great, a wonderful mentor. If it weren't for him, I don't know if I would be there.
Pros
cookies, Gm
Cons
owner is horrible, older hotel with problems
fun work place
great work environment. good opportunity to move up if you put the work in. bust weekends where as week days are more slow. good management and people to work with.
Stressful no team work
I was asked to clean and inspect 5 halls in one work day thats when i knew it wasnt for me.I did enjoy my job but the executive made it harder than it should've been.
The hotel is very amazing. I like how people are treated with respect and dignity. The customers are friendly and they were one of the main reason of why i like to come at work, just to see them happy and healthy.
Double tree by Hilton is by far the best company I have ever work for
If you want a company that treats you with respect and is fair, has great benefits and room for growth then Hilton is the way to go . The only reason I left was because I was relocating to another state other wise I would still be working for them, I had planned on retiring with Hilton
Pros
Benefits and the way upper management treats the employees
Cons
There is no cons for me working at Hilton
double tree is best company an great place to work
its a great pleasure for me to wrok at double tree by hilton. i would like to say thanks for it. double tree by hilton privide great opportunity to their employee.
fun workplace
Very busy hotel/restaurant but with good management with possibilites of progress in the carreer. long hours, but with a very good enviroment with constant training.
My view of my experince of my job
The job is very good in love the environment its really not a bad job to work at everyone is cool and the way everyone work as a team also the way we treat eachother is like a family
Front Desk Supervisor
All ok, the hardest part of my job is when there is not enough staff and you have to do the job for 3 people instead of your own
Supervisor
Does not pay for work. If you are acting Management you will not be considered or compensated. Pay is way too low for the amount of work performed.
family oriented company
Working with Doubletree is a feeling of home away from home meaning loveable workers, stick together in need of a tasks and everyone work as a team together.
Pros
great people
Some day was ok
Some day it was good and some day it wasn't. I try to make the best of my day to be great. I all way look at Positive side of things, when things don't go as plan.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Stressfull work environment
It wasn't the best place to work. Management difficult to deal with. confidentiality does not stay with HR or management. Work load was an over load most of the time.
Busy!
As a convention hotel with 448 rooms, there is never a dull moment at work! I learned how to be a leader and to balance the high volume and the high demand with calm, quick decisions. My managers are great, always providing the tools needed to me for growth and support. The most difficult and most enjoyable aspects of my job were to make it right for our customers- that included listening to guest complaints and solving them, or purely creating a wonderful and unexpected stay for them as well.
produtive work place
double tree hotel is a good place to work if your are excited about customer service my typical is going in at 6 am getting work sheets ready checking guest status preparing for what ever the day brings I learn patience an tolerance customer service has to the order of the day my manager was a strong minded lady my hardest day would be when we have a full house an vip my most enjoyable moments is to serve with pride an integrity ,an my guest leave a note at the front desk to say i make there stay the most memorable.
Pros
meet new faces daily fast pace
Cons
nil
Poor workplace
You don't have a regular schedule which is fine and expected when it comes to working in a hotel but certain people are given certain shifts because they are friends with management. If you find out that they are hiring for a certain position and apply for it you can't move up because they didn't know you were interested. If you are not best friends with the HR manager you have lost your job. Certain employees can do things that others can't because HR likes them. Pay is poor and sometimes you don't get a lunch because it is really busy but get yelled at because it is busy. I will never work at the Oak Brook, IL location again. I have worked for Hilton before and this property left a bad taste in my mouth.
Pros
Free lunches and free parking
Cons
Horrible food for lunch, poor pay
Before the Hotel was sold it was the best place to work.
A typical day at work was to be there on time to open up and to get the papers ready to assign rooms to 23 housekeepers.
I learned how to do the scheduling of the staff in housekeeping.

I managed to learned how to multitask in my duties.

I my co-workers got along very well at times but we worked together as a team to overcome our differences in opinions.

The hardest part of the job was to let someone go knowing that he/she was the one supporting their family on that one single income.

I like the people that I worked with because we worked together from 1988 to 2013.
Pros
I like where we worked to get Employee of the Month.
Cons
It was dificult to stand by a watch the staff ont being appreciated for their hard work.
1.6K