DoubleTree by Hilton logo
DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
Work–Life Balance
Job Security & Advancement

Found 1,007 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,621 reviews

Fun place to work

Family oriented Hotel.Wonderful place to work and gain hospitality experience.

Yearly raise, 10% of ur income minimum

One of the best places and companies I've ever worked for, regret losing that job. Yearly raise regardless of performance. Room for advancement through the company.

Pros

Anyone can be a line cook, but this will transform u into much more

Cons

Not all ur managers are qualified to manage you

No room for advancing/ growth with the company & no yearly raise

The general manager is running the place into the ground. He do not value his employees & the turn around rate for employment is outrageous. Employees do not get yearly raises. They do not promote from within the company

Cons

General manager do not value employees

Love Hilton

I’ve worked for Hilton consistently for years. Different brands, same company. I would recommend anybody that’s interested in hospitality to work for Hilton.

Pros

Awesome company to work for (Hilton)

Cons

Franchised companies

Covid

Would of loved to stayed there but never called me back after they opened after covid. So made me alittle bitter about them .Very unprofessional. Could of trained me other places as I was well qualified for many positions there .

Overall the hotel is great. Management needs a bit of work. There seems to be some shady things going on behind the scenes. No raises if your survey scores are bad.

Pros

Nice coworkers

Cons

Stressful.

Room to move up

Great work place, started line level and moved up quickly. Good benefits and company morals. I would recommend the company. Also you get great travel benefits

Benefits

Cons

Hours can be long

Management makes the workplace toxic. Lots of blame with no ownership or solution to problems. Understaffed. Lots of work, the low yearly raises barely made a difference in pay

Pros

Some set schedules

Cons

Barely room for advancement

Don't bother

DT in York was a joke. Complete blame game culture, management forever throwing people under the bus for their mistakes. Awful wage and no advancement whatsoever. Very poor environment and run poorly. Staff morale is very low, no real benefits. Only get ahead if you lick rim.

Pros

Cons

boring, poorly run, shocking salary

A good hotel depends on management

My hotel has great morale and does a lot for the employees. Monthly luncheons, department appreciation days and a huge holiday party. Gifts/prizes are given out year round. But the pay is low. Not much room in any department for advancement. Some managers play favorites. If you have a good GM you will at least be happy at work. Benefits are expensive. Basically your half paycheck would go to benefits.

Pros

Great work culture, free lunch, BIG Xmas party

Cons

Benefits are expensive, low pay, little room for advancement.

Overall One of the Best - Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Location

While working for DoubleTree at Myrtle Beach, I had amazing opportunities to grow within my career and felt like I was apart of an amazing team! Your managers want you to be successful and want you to grow! So even if there is something you want to learn that isn't directly related to your department, ask them. The only stress I had dealt with working for this company was the lack of having a set schedule (but almost all hotels or F&B industries don't have set schedules) as well as the hours being cut during the slow season. However, you make a great amount of commissions that help even out during the slow season!

Pros

Free lunches, growth opportunities, teamwork/positive environment, appreciation from management

Cons

Lack of hours during slow season

Nierówność pomiędzy działami

Nierówność polegająca na, dniu pracy pracowników z różnych działów,to jest biuro w tym samym dniu organizuje sobie śniadanie na 10 osób, gdzie kelnerzy lub housekeeping mogą o tym pomarzyć. Dwa czy trzy razy w roku organizowane są śniadania wspólne, ale i tak trzeba obsługiwać gości i po wszystkim posprzątać, a reszta idzie stamtąd, jak gdyby nigdy nic. Rozwój w firmie jest możliwy, dużo jest takich przypadków, gdzie kelnerzy przechodzą na wyższe stanowiska, czasami nawet menadżerskie.

Pros

Możliwość awansu z każdego stanowiska, miła atmosfera w danym dziale.

Cons

Małe wsparcie kadry zarządzającej, niezrozumienie potrzeb.

I was free to be creative. It was not just work, it wss like taking classes. I really enjoyed that.

I did not have many complains. It was a good place to work. The food was good. We were rewarded with tips for banquets. My interview sent well. The General Manager, Head Chef and Kitchen manager interviewed me 91st the sa me time.

Pros

Discounts. You get to creative.

Cons

The turnover. Sometimes the team work was not on point. I was told I got a raise but I never got it, even though I notified management.

Productive and fun, professional workplace with great benefits and amazing coworkers.

A great company with friendly, professional associates and opportunities for advancement. The job opened up my skills to perform at an exceptional rate in any hotel industry, regarding the front desk position.

Pros

Cohesive Coworkers

Cons

No Breaks

Fun and Easy Job

The work that I did was very rewarding, especially after an event was over and the contact left happy. The culture was great and management really cared how everything was going. I always knew if I needed assistance, someone would be there for me. I got laid off due to covid, but I would still be there today! A great and fun enviornment to be in.

A learning job

Enjoyed the little time that I worked there before the pandemic. Chef was a great trainer. Learned to cook meals that I never cooked only seen being made.

Pros

Nice Chef's

Cons

Pandemic fired me

Hilton is a great company with great leaders.

After 30 years with Hilton I left the company to move to another state. I would work for Hilton again if and when the opportunity presents itself. Thank you for 30 great years...

Évolution/carrière

Aucun système fiable permettant aux employés d’évoluer d’un poste vers un autre sinon d’un département vers un autre.

Pros

Repas gratuit, salle de repos équipée et câblée, connexion wifi gratuite pendant la pause

Cons

Pas de plan de carrière pour les employés

No advancement /events are fun

Fun events no advance ment / top people in place / high management turn over/pay raise every year -low pay top people get all the good tip events and schedule

Pros

Free lunch left overs

Cons

No advancement

Great being around guest

No career advancement. Management always blames front desk/ housekeeping for everything . Not enough money . Asked to work double shifts but not appreciated .

Pros

The restaurant

Benefits

Terrible place to work.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at DoubleTree by Hilton is terriblePay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at DoubleTree by Hilton are 0Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at DoubleTree by Hilton, I think everyday uou could be firedManagementIn general, managers at DoubleTree by Hilton are incompetentCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at DoubleTree by Hilton is noneOverallMy experience working at DoubleTree by Hilton was horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoubleTree by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K