DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Work–Life Balance reviews

Found 1,114 reviews matching the search
good company, too far from my house but a excellent company, enjoyed working with them
Double tree by Hilton is my home .Everything is professionnel with a big smile ,espiccally working with the team membersThank you double tree by Hilton.
Pros
Amazing professional work
Cons
take care for everything
Good money on weekends because you work such long hours. But everyone there are very great friendly people! But you do get over worked alot too!!!!!!!
Pros
Place you feel welcomed
Cons
Weekend hours
Great work place, started line level and moved up quickly. Good benefits and company morals. I would recommend the company. Also you get great travel benefits
Benefits
Cons
Hours can be long
Lamentable que el chef y Souschef carecen de conocimiento administrativo y operativo, pesima logística en la operación, muchas áreas de oportunidad, falta de atención a los detalles. Una amistad de 15 años con el dueño le vale el puesto.
Pros
Propinas, vales de despensa y transporte
Es un excelente trabajo, si es fuerte pero no imposible, deberían bajar cantidad de habitación y subir sueldo ya que luego de la pandemia no ha vuelto a ser igual. Hay falta de personal, deberían dividir bien las tareas de cada compañero (house man), loundry, etc.
Pros
Seguro médico, bonificación y incentivos
Cons
Salario debería ser un poco más
Management makes the workplace toxic. Lots of blame with no ownership or solution to problems. Understaffed. Lots of work, the low yearly raises barely made a difference in pay
Pros
Some set schedules
Cons
Barely room for advancement
When I First Worked At Doubletree I Was Nervous Then I Got The Hang Of It, Started Getting Better & Better. Then I Started Getting Tips And It Made Me Feel Great About Myself And What I’m Doing Because I Know I Mist Of Was Doing Something Right.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
N/a
Working in the laundry room is not for everyone. Make sure you keep to yourself. Go above what is expected no matter what. Make sure you don't have too many life issues if you are not in management
Everyone I worked with was very accommodating and nice. Not very stressful, found things to do. I jumped between a lot of positions making life interesting and I had an early morning shift that got out at 2pm so I could have the whole day to myself.
Pros
Free breakfast and cookies!
Cons
Working alone was boring
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
Toxic work environment. Work politics negatively play a part in your job. Unprofessional front office staff and management. Long hours with no overtime pay.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Toxic work environment, bullying, low salary, high turnover for management
Nice co-workers who become more like a family. The work was okay. Long and slow or fast and hectic. The guest were either very friendly or they wanted free things. Overall a good company
Pros
Benefits, discounts
Nierówność polegająca na, dniu pracy pracowników z różnych działów, to jest biuro w tym samym dniu organizuje sobie śniadanie na 10 osób, gdzie kelnerzy lub housekeeping mogą o tym pomarzyć. Dwa czy trzy razy w roku organizowane są śniadania wspólne, ale i tak trzeba obsługiwać gości i po wszystkim posprzątać, a reszta idzie stamtąd, jak gdyby nigdy nic. Rozwój w firmie jest możliwy, dużo jest takich przypadków, gdzie kelnerzy przechodzą na wyższe stanowiska, czasami nawet menadżerskie.
Pros
Możliwość awansu z każdego stanowiska, miła atmosfera w danym dziale.
Cons
Małe wsparcie kadry zarządzającej, niezrozumienie potrzeb.
Working breakfast is super easy ! Its a buffet so its mot to hard and breakfats is only open for 5 or 4 hours if your looming for more work time you can always work for the lunch shift
The employees are not treated fairly for the amount of work they put in and not paid enough to.cover working more than 12 hour shifts when it's supposed to be a normal hour shift ...about 8 hours. Management needs to be checked out as well.
Working in maintenance is great, poor communication every department. Makes it really hard to understand why most rooms aren’t up to date. It’s an easy job if you keep busy.
Pros
Cons
Managers
A great company with friendly, professional associates and opportunities for advancement. The job opened up my skills to perform at an exceptional rate in any hotel industry, regarding the front desk position.
Pros
Cohesive Coworkers
Cons
No Breaks
I called DoubleTree home for a reason they're an excellent place to work with Stephanie Banks is a very understanding gm.at the DoubleTree you become a family everybody gets along and they love to help you as much as they can well that was at the time that I was working there.
Pros
They actually give free lunches
Cons
Their healthcare was a little bit on the expensive side
I enjoy working with and around the different events, interacting with the guest, and watching them have a good time, setting-up and decorating for the events
Pros
Getting to know co-workers
Cons
Long hours.
The Food & Beverage department is amazing! Highly recommend the Doubletree by Hilton to anyone seeking a great job, pay benefits, and a chance to make people smile. The other employees can be difficult, but with great management skills, it is usually easily handled and fixed.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, managment, pay
Cons
Good place to work management offers support pay scale on the lower end for banquets kitchen needs help mostly days events were Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday