Douglas Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Bullying culture with very poor communication
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland12 May 2019
I worked there for seven years. Hardly ever saw management and when they did appear it was to pass on an edict.
The performance review system was based on the emotive subjective evaluation of the manager. There was nothing measurable. Personality fared very largely in the assessment.
I had to fight to perform the job I was hired to do. In the end, they put me in a position I was not suited for to get rid of me.
Males in the team I worked in were frowned upon and slowly weeded out.
The pay was poor when compared with industry average. They were always telling the staff that they were paid beyond industry average.
The HR was pretty useless. When a customer swore and abused me on the phone - HR told me I had to take the abuse - it was part of the job.
At no time was I offered any course to go on to improve my skills despite asking for it. Instead was constantly told why I did not come up to scratch.
A recent internal survey showed that most people worked there for the convenience - ie they lived close by.

I encourage Douglas Management, if they read this, to get back to grassroots management, stop harassing the staff, and use outcomes not personalities to run the firm.
Pros
Close to home, discount on products.
Cons
Bullying. No upskilling. Poor pay
At Douglas, people come first and together we make a difference by improving lives around the world.
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Auckaland New Zealand3 January 2019
A good working environment. Supportive team and diverse team culture.We live by the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice which drives quality across everything we do. This means everything we make is documented, tested, checked, audited and independently verified before it gets to the consumer. And we can trace every step and person involved in the manufacture of every single product.
Productive fun workplace
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland19 July 2017
Productive and fun workplace. Outstanding customer service and the highest manufacturing standards have driven our success. Excellent reputation, exponentially grown, diversified and benefited from competition restructuring
excellent workplace
Territory Sales Manager Nutraceutical (Former Employee) –  New Zealand14 February 2017
Fantastic employer with rich family history. The company has two buildings across the street from each other. Douglas Manufacturing and Douglas Pharmaceuticals.
Pros
Management has improved over the last year
Cons
healthcare benefits no longer provided