Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Downer Group Employee Review

Fun place to work, organised

10 February 2018
- 24 Hour service centre- good team work
- I have learned that of safety for fellow staff out in the field working sometimes in very poor condition very of vital importance.

- I had learned to use the GPS tracking of technicians vehicles for their safety

- completion of work tickets in timely manner paying attention to high priority jobs

- the workplace had good team of people and was fun to work with.

- often we celebrates fellow staff birthdays and /or farewells

- I loved the impromptu exercises we had at least once and twice a day where we all get up and do exercises, shake our bodies and laugh for about 5 minutes and then settle for work.

The hardest part was when the weather turn bad. Tickets for fault comes flying in on Spark exchanges, Vodafone's cell sites or Auckland councils properties etc.

Trying to work out the priorities on each jobs was very difficult especially if it happens on weekends.

Technicians Managers were helpful in organising his area of staff for deployment and things get fun again.
Pros
Christmqas gifts from company, fornightly shared lunches, farewell and birthdays celebrations
Cons
Sometimes staff shortages, unable to get tech to attend to job
30 May 2019
Same role
Customer Service (Former Employee) - North Shore, Auckland
People are treated poorly... no leadership, no clear direction, no training providing or any career development. My manager was good with her spreadsheets, but had absolutely terrible people skills. She wasn’t a good leader and just a terrible manager. The whole team hates her and waiting when she will get another job somewhere else.
Pros
Great people
Cons
A very bad manager
16 January 2017
Same role
High level customer Service (Former Employee) - Penrose, Auckland
Very busy at times
learnt how to operate a weighmate system use to load trucks with asphalt

management not so great lack of communications witin the management team also to many managers not enough workers
26 February 2015
Same location
full class 1 driver (Former Employee) - manukau
i learned to know my ways all around auckland and i also drove around the whole of New Zealand, the good thing about this job was getting to travel