Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Downer Group Employee Review

Hard work

16 August 2020
Always under pressure to do the work and meet deadlines. A thankless job. Very few compliments for hard work done. Wages are minimal. Training is minimal. Career advancement is nil.
Pros
PPE Gear provided
Cons
Hard work for little rewards, low pay.
26 January 2014
Same role
Concrete Foreman,Driver,Digger, Roller,Operator (Former Employee) - New Plymouth
Worked for this company a few years back, enjoyed my time there , Reason for leaving got asked by another company to work for them. Left on good terms , taught alot of young guys the ropes. Re applied to work for them again late last year for the same type of work, so was well qualified for the job. However was phoned by their HR and was told I was too old as they don't employ anyone over 60 , got this email in reply "We have reviewed your application and after considering your skills, qualifications, background and experience relevant to this particular position, we regret to inform you that we will not be progressing your application to the next stage. We will continue to hold your application on file for any future opportunities that we think you would be more suited to" Despite them advertising for similar positions have never heard from them again
2 August 2020
Administrator (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Downer is a fantastic company to work for. They care for the workers and management listen to your contribution and always try to improve work environment. I rate them a 5 🌟 company to work for.
16 May 2020
Assistant Technician (Former Employee) - Wellington New Zealand
Great company to work for. I have learned a lot from the people working at Downer, in the technical division. I had to leave the company due to my work visa that expired.