Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Downer Group Employee Review

Productive and enjoyable place to work as camps provide lots of recreation and gyms.

10 July 2020
A typical day at work for me is experiencing new tasks and daily challenges.Working with qualified Tradesmen constantly teaches me new skills using power tools and refreshes my health and safety knowledge and the priority of my Duty of care daily when on site.Managements main priority is keeping employees safe with zero incidents and injuries and returning us all safely home to our families. Downer encourages a multicultural work environment.Adjusting to different shifts, especially night shift is the hardest for me. The most exciting part of the job for me is being able to work on a variety of mine sites and adapting to the surroundings.
Pros
Camp facilities
Cons
I am a Shutdown worker
16 August 2020
Driver class 2 Mower operator. (Current Employee) - Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
Always under pressure to do the work and meet deadlines. A thankless job. Very few compliments for hard work done. Wages are minimal. Training is minimal. Career advancement is nil.
Pros
PPE Gear provided
Cons
Hard work for little rewards, low pay.
2 August 2020
Administrator (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Downer is a fantastic company to work for. They care for the workers and management listen to your contribution and always try to improve work environment. I rate them a 5 🌟 company to work for.
16 May 2020
Assistant Technician (Former Employee) - Wellington New Zealand
Great company to work for. I have learned a lot from the people working at Downer, in the technical division. I had to leave the company due to my work visa that expired.