Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Downer Group Employee Review

Stressful and Unrewarding

4 June 2020
Working at Downer was definitely a learning experience if one is new to the industry and thrown into a situation where he/she is put in the deep end with minimal training and an understaffed team. There is little to no room for error, but with a plant that often breaks down and with miscommunication between upper/middle management running rampant, you will often be scapegoated into blame. Staff morale is incredibly low due to questionable pay-rate decisions, continual condescension from management, and a failing safety culture where injured staff are being coerced to attend work anyway. Overall, I would only recommend this workplace if you do not have any family or social obligations, and are desperately seeking new work experience.
11 February 2018
Same role
Lab Technician (Current Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
I was working on project at NCTIR, it was a whole challenging project.it was first time I was working individual and was challenging at start to managing all client test request and submit reports. It was good experience to learn management skills. it was a good team and we have a fun time over a weekend.
Pros
Learning never stop
16 August 2020
Driver class 2 Mower operator. (Current Employee) - Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
Always under pressure to do the work and meet deadlines. A thankless job. Very few compliments for hard work done. Wages are minimal. Training is minimal. Career advancement is nil.
Pros
PPE Gear provided
Cons
Hard work for little rewards, low pay.
2 August 2020
Administrator (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Downer is a fantastic company to work for. They care for the workers and management listen to your contribution and always try to improve work environment. I rate them a 5 🌟 company to work for.