Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Downer Group Employee Review

Work

9 February 2016
My everyday work would involve pre start meeting every morning to discuss relevant tasks throughout the day that would have to be carried out or completed. Im a fast learner and always driven to learn something new. I can well in a team environment and I'm a very easy person to get along with. I do thrive on working alone as well, as in some jobs/tasks, too many cooks can spoil the broth. The hardest part of the job is expecting nothing ever to be "perfect" but to thrive and make the best out any situation and do it the best I possibly can. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to develop amazing relationships you do with co-workers and being able to bounce ideas off each other is a key in this industry.
Pros
Support myself and my family
Cons
Hot weather
3 March 2020
Same role
Electrician (Former Employee) - Lower North Island
Great team and good fellas, Management always busy. Otherwise good when they leave you to get on with it, Toolbox meetings,, go on and on for 3 and 4 hours
11 November 2020
Service Technician (Former Employee) - Christchurch City, Canterbury
Productive and challenging environment, every employee have an input to production but the hardest part is working in a group after some years as a lone worker.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no free lunches
16 August 2020
Driver class 2 Mower operator. (Current Employee) - Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
Always under pressure to do the work and meet deadlines. A thankless job. Very few compliments for hard work done. Wages are minimal. Training is minimal. Career advancement is nil.
Pros
PPE Gear provided
Cons
Hard work for little rewards, low pay.