Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Downer Group Employee Reviews

Always under pressure to do the work and meet deadlines. A thankless job. Very few compliments for hard work done. Wages are minimal. Training is minimal. Career advancement is nil.
Pros
PPE Gear provided
Cons
Hard work for little rewards, low pay.
meet and worked with great field staff/contractors on a day to day basis. completing day to day - quality / variation changes / KPI inspections / plan updates / tool box meeting both internal and external working hand in hand with client.
pro - was pays well cons - lots of repetitive data entry, no training on different computers. Not friendly team environment to work in as I was only on contract.
The work is interesting and the company is very good to work for . The work at Auburn EDI Rail is very unorganised and alway too many people on shift when even one set is due for maintenance, Alot of lazy employees sleeping , taking hour for smoko and hour for lunch ...
Night work and away from home too much very little work close to home lacking management support good job for a single person, there safety culture is very good.
Awesome company to work for management team very helpful well balance company to work with and family oriented. the hardest part of the job waiting for the job to come throw the most enjoyable part of the job is everybody get on well and look after each other.
I really enjoyed my time at Downer the works lifestyle was a fast pace sometimes learning on the run a good balance with my family and my work I would recommend them to anyone they look after the people who look after the company when you work for them you represent them I would like to work for them again anywhere any time
Wasn't there for too long but the team was good to work with and new. They took a little to get used to but were introducing tech that was not trialled before going live.
was lucky enough to be trained by a wonderful person who supported my progression each and everyday. took time to have a chat and coffee and made sure i was understanding the different aspects of my role. always friendly people, fast paced and always a great day there.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Downer Group?
I enjoyed working with Downer for 32 years. I gained valuable experience in the time and made many life long friends. I was made redundant after 32 years due to the downturn in the industry. I will utilise the knowledge and experience I gained into my future job positions.
Learned something new working in a steam turbine generator. Accommodation and camp is very comfortable. There is availability of a variety of food. Management is very helpful.
I enjoyed my time with downer. Id recommend this company to any one looking for stable well paid work. There was a very good balance of work and family life.
Great company to work for with great people working aside you with a great safety culture. Fast paced work environment with opportunity to learn new things and advance your career if you wish to do so.
Would be great if one knew how long the shut would really be, very often one is called up for a week and get sent home after 3 days (not good) hence all the good workers jump ship to other companies
Company is growing too fast and overloading staff with poor management and a lack of support. People are put in positions they cannot succeed in and left with no support.
The contract changes every few years now the job is being handled by a company called Lend Lease. The job itself was very much a lot of fast responses to vehicle crashes and traffic management.
Not the nicest company to work for. There is quite a bit of bullying that management turn a blind eye to. Too many chiefs not enough Indians. No safety concerns, if you bring anything up, rather than it being dealt with, it puts a target on your back.
Downer are very well organised and management were the best I've encountered in my career. They have systems in place that are industry leading. The work was challenging and rewarding and however, being a FIFO contract the work/life balance was most challenging (4 weeks on and 1 week off)
A good design, engineering, manufacturing management group focused on delivery and safety. Snr management were demanding but fair and worked to high standards of leadership
This is the best company I've work with. I'm going on my 6 year and I love my job. The feeling of helping others not for the money but to give back and appreciate is beyond amazing. The " clients " you'd work with become family and it's the best bond one can have while simply helping with kindness.
I enjoyed working at Downer but I was lead to believe that I was permanent full time , I dont know what happened but was played off, I was driving the long reach mower a job I enjoyed greatly, and was very disappointed when I was told that there was no more work for me, but in saying that working at Downer I would recommend to anybody