Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Downer Group Employee Reviews in Karratha WA

worked on two great projects in WA. Unfortunately Downer lost both jobs to other companies but it was great while it lasted. Great comraderie across most of the site.
Pros
well paid, no issues
Cons
long rosters were difficult for some
following orders working away good management Working as a team to get the job done working as a T/A having responsibility given and opportunities to learn
Pros
learning
Cons
job finished
Downer was enjoyable place to work, with diverse duties and responsibilities. The company structures and policies were well set out and available with rigid zero harm OHS guidelines.
Worked at Karratha civil as a operator (RII TICKETED).Found that management was not interested in operators having tickets or had a VOC for machine. They wanted bums on seats to get job done. Supervision left a lot to be desireda as there was a purple circle and it stuck out. The job was what you made it to be not what it should have been from DOT ONE
Pros
Cons
Some of fellow workers good to work with others inexperienced
learnt new things about oil and gas. good teamwork and good supervision. salary was good as well as the location. would work for them again.
Pros
location
Cons
permits
Downers are Australia's largest electrical contractor. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Work is generally 10/12 hour days, 25 days on 10 days off. Great opportunity maintaining Australia's largest LNG plant. 30 plus years old plant so every day posed a challenge. Made many great friends. The long days and roster's were an obvious challenge, fatigue management was key. Made great friends and learned every day.
Pros
Constantly trained and educated.
Cons
Long work cycle.
rate this company highly and look forward to futher employment, have worked on live gas plant and organised permits and planned work
I like the people I worked with. the type of work I was involved with was very interesting and rewarding. would like to work with these people again.
Pros
good accomodation
Cons
always a pleasure to go to work every day the management side off things are so easy to get on with my co workers are excellent to work with.
Pros
you are treated like family
Cons
good hrs off work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Downer Group?
enjoyed working at pluto but not enough over time.when working away from home we are in it for the money,as we are away from family.
Pros
working in the pilbara
Cons
not enough overtime