Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Downer Group Employee Reviews in Port Hedland WA

Good work culture , have not hammered us to much so work gets done in time required . If they push too much people leave . Usually good ones first as they have most options. So much work comming up in this sector ,they may need to create different options maybe allow flexability in which segment of the company personal can move too . Otherwise good people have to go to opposition which is dumb.
Pros
Good supervision
Cons
Poor camp logistics and food.
Great company to work for, have lot of time for the girls that make effort to get you on the shut downs and as many days as possible . good place to work for and work with the regular boys day in day out
A company I enjoyed working with due to the people and the integrity of the downer group, long term work was a bonus and the variety of work also, a company I would highly recommend. also opportunities for advancement and training.
Pros
good roster
Cons
nil
happily work with downer again. all jobs so far have been well run and good support all round. if I wasn't moving I would continue to work here doing fifo
• a typical day at work would begin by arriving by bus to our dongers. Minimum safety P.P.E on, we sign on and blow in the alcohol testing device. Put our food in the fridge. Sit down relax, chat or prepare ourselves for the shift (Fill water containers etc..) Begin pre-start with 5-10 min stretch out session. Which commonly would be led by a volunteer. Then the Pre-start would then begin with management communicating all relevant information pertaining to the jobs required. Then we would go to our supervisors and be given our specific jobs for the shift. Locking and signing onto a permit box before going to site. We would then prepare our paperwork and tools. After arriving at our specific work area., we then would fill out the required documents before we begin our task. Then we work safely together thru-out each shift. We eat and drink plenty of water. Have rest breaks if needed. Until the end of the shift. Where we make sure we unlock & sign off our permit to work box, before leaving site. • what I learned was safety is everyone's responsibility. • management- I felt that the majority of management was easy to get along with and they knew what they were doing. • I met a lot of good guys that really knew there job. • the hardest part about the job was that the job finished. • the most enjoyable part about the job learning new skills and advancing my Rigging skills.
Pros
Decent pay, great guys to work with.
Cons
End of job, saying goodbye.
Lack of respect and support for the HSE department. Supervisors not demonstrating good work ethics.
Pros
Support from all the work crews
Cons
Lack of support from management