Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Downer Group Employee Reviews in Roma QLD

Downer has a changing culture dependent very much on the Area and local Project Management of the particular Project. There is a strong work ethic and loyalty from seasoned Project team members and the teams seem to be chosen by word of mouth - strong politics are involved and a high standard is demanded. I was involved in 3 FIFO Projects and overall I enjoyed my time there.
I enjoyed my time with Downers. The work environment and the crew were good. Sometimes there were management issues which would delay the works.
To be honest. The workman in Australia, have too many issues and bad work ethic. Especially Downer , Vic. I wouldnt work with them again. They seem to think their EBA, is better than any other. All management came from Geelong. They would rather wait for a little rain to come, instead of actually working. My Supervisor from South Africa didnt want me too leave. But i put up with enough immature people. Safety went out the window. The wrong flagging used when hydrotesting, if they actually put it up...! Threats from workman, because the bledisloe cup was on, which was disputed by most people to watch. Because they dont watch or support that sport. AFL only. So i had to leave early with others.
Pros
safety lady bringing ice blocks around site.
Cons
Bad work attitude
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Downer Group?