Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Downer Group Employee Reviews for Boilermaker

Boilermaker14 reviews
Work was good because our Supervisors and Management had very good communication skills there was no standing over tactics always reviewed safety concerns every one was on first name relations our ladies were always given great respect go,s with out saying. i would go as far to ray most of us were considered family
Pros
Cons
no con overtime was considered cream on the cake
Great place to work and good bunch of guys.. Well organised and easy approachable. Good safety procedure . Really care about employee safety and well being
I thoroughly enjoy employment with Downer as the Management are great to deal with, answer any questions I have and any problems sorted out immediately. A good work place environment, fellow workers are also ready to do a good days work without any fuss or bother. Always doing a high standard of work and adhering to Safety rules keeping everyone safe.
They are very organized in tools and the supervisors are easy to work with.I worked few times in bhp port never had a problem in management.great worked environment.
Company is very supportive to the workers. The management is looking after the workers. The communication between the workers and the management is well planned. It is so good to work this company because there is no decrimination they also avoid bullying, so the workers are working as one and has teamwork. Abuot the salary they give as upto date on weekly basis.
Pros
Byo
Cons
12 hrs daily mon-fri
I liked this job they had a family friendly roster 10/4 ... great job .. good leadership team. Well organized. The right gear.. good job to work on..
Pros
Dream roster
Cons
It wasnt long enough
The job on Groote would have to be a highlight of my career , bar none... the comraderie was great.. though the work was tough.. we got through it , we had a great leadership team.. and really kicked some goals.. i would go back there on the next expansion...
Pros
Absolute paradise
Cons
Pretty rough old plant
Love working with some wonderful supereminent and supervisors. For sure, I would like to go with Downer to their next project and work with some great people.
Very Safety focused and well geared and organised and cooperative Management Leadership and Team Members.The job was very spread out and lots of distances by foot had to be covered.
Was a great company to work for until recent management changes and what seems to have become a culture of being just a number instead of a valued team member.
Pros
Great team onsite
Cons
Management needs to value their long term employees more
Working at Downer was interesting to work at because of the variety of work that was offered. eg building trains, mining equipment etc. we were given the opportunity to do several course to improve your work skills.
I worked FIFO on a 2/1 roster, enjoyed the job and had a good crew with plenty of variety of machinery to work on. The hardest part of the job is being away from family but on your week off you can spend all the time with them.
I am currently working with downer edi on the mauls creek project during my experience on the project I have found the company to have a fantastic approach to safety with informative interactions and a very approachable attitude to safety concerns with great supervision it makes for a positive work environment
Pros
10 day roster
Cons
travel distance between site and camp
Job analysis learnt and experienced pipe welding Management was strong Maintenance on night shift Great roster
Pros
All Types of Welding
Cons
Wet condtitons whilst working with a welder, had to be done with leaks on the pipe heaters