Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Downer Group Employee Reviews for Laborer

Laborer2 reviews
New Zealand2 reviews
I was in a crew of 6 top blokes
Our team leader brilliant health and safety very good

The best part of the day was the debrief of the day over a cold beer
Pros
Good overtime
Cons
Long days
Typical day at work with downers started with a morning coffee and chat with workmates before heading our seperate ways to our work sites, i learnt a wide range of skills which i thought was bit hard and confusing at 1st but my workmates were there to explain the job at hand well and also helped me out when i had bit of trouble aswell as taught me how to operate the machinery involved with some jobs when i got qualified aswell as my license to operate the machinery on site.

Mangement at the time was awesome and understanding with me instead of dropping me in the deep end and sending me out on jobs i knew nothing about instead they paired me up with 1 of the experienced guys and crew to help me out.

The hardest part of the job was having to leave the awesome crew and workmates i was working with and management who taught me alot of the skills i picked up within the industry.

The most enjoyable part of the job was turning up everyday chatting with workmates aswell as mangement, they made me excited bout getting up and going to work everyday because not only were my workmates a bunch of awesome, funny and easy going people they made you feel like you were apart of their family and made the depo and workplace feel like a safe place to work.