Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Downer Group Employee Reviews for Trade Assistant

Trade Assistant19 reviews
worked with them before i would definitely work for them anytime, Everyday i learnt something different, they direct you in the courses that you are willing to do & met great people on sites which are now friends even the bosses & supervisors i still keep in touch with them
Pros
great crew & safety comes first
Cons
it depends what site
A typical day at work for me is experiencing new tasks and daily challenges.Working with qualified Tradesmen constantly teaches me new skills using power tools and refreshes my health and safety knowledge and the priority of my Duty of care daily when on site.Managements main priority is keeping employees safe with zero incidents and injuries and returning us all safely home to our families. Downer encourages a multicultural work environment.Adjusting to different shifts, especially night shift is the hardest for me. The most exciting part of the job for me is being able to work on a variety of mine sites and adapting to the surroundings.
Pros
Camp facilities
Cons
I am a Shutdown worker
Awesome company to work for Good people great culture, Management was helpful and welcoming All equipment available and in good condition stores was fully equipped with tools that was needed for the job.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Non i can think of
The work is interesting and the company is very good to work for . The work at Auburn EDI Rail is very unorganised and alway too many people on shift when even one set is due for maintenance, Alot of lazy employees sleeping , taking hour for smoko and hour for lunch ...
Pre start, how the job is going, any questions or inquires and then given your job for the day. Was given the opportunity to try new things and to make sure that we all went home at the end of shift to our families. Everyone was great to be around and more than happy to give you advice and let you learn new things.
Pros
Free bbqs
Cons
Downer is a great place to work everyone is willing to help.after my first week i was part of a well functioning crew so happy for the opportunity Downer gave me.
following orders working away good management Working as a team to get the job done working as a T/A having responsibility given and opportunities to learn
Pros
learning
Cons
job finished
For the past 5 years i have worked for downer as an electrical trades assistant. My time there I have learnt a lot about the construction & mining industry.
The hardest part of the job was working out in the rain and wind and long grass as we did not have a workshop and most of the welders were broken down it always took awhile to get the equipment that you needed for the job apart from that i had the pleasure of working with great guys and was happy to be shown some jobs i have never done and was taught a great deal.
Learning all aspects of theElectrical Trade. Installing Lighting towers. Pulling cable and trench works. Operating and learning to use different types of mobile equipment.
I enjoyed my two times at Tenix, although both on contracts, as I found all the staff and management very helpful. I would have no hesitation if required, to rejoin this company.
Pros
Work life balance
Lots of work setting up work areas for different trades. Working out what they need and having ready before they ask they like that forward thing. Supervision always there for support and ready to listen and give there advice working on big contracts, not all things go to plan, working with a good bunch of mates just makes the day go quicker
Pros
fifo everything is their
Cons
no cons just enjoy construction work
A great company to work for locally and great staff to make your days at work enjoyable great pay and variety of works would work for again
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
None really
It was good to work with knowledgeable people that could point you in the right direction and achieve goals for the week. I found that the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new trades and working around different machinery, my co-workers were always ready to lend a hand or ear.
Pros
Good communication between bosses and crews
Cons
A typical day at work would begin at 6am and end at 2.30pm. I think the most important thing that I learnt was that I could take on new challenges and succeed at them. I enjoyed being part of a team and got along really well with all my co-workers. I am able to follow instructions from management when asked. There was really no hard part to it I enjoyed my time there learning new things and being part of a team. I was flexible with my hours and worked overtime when required.
Job changes with each job site & site Managers. Rail procedures Still in Training, Good to work with. Changes to all rules & Mind reading. Varied work sites seeing different parts of the state.
Good Management, Great Workers and Good Experience From Working With The Company.
Construction of projects for V arious clients in the resource sctor
If i have to get a call from Downer Edi i will drop what i am doing and work for them where ever.
Pros
good pay rates.
Cons
long hours but good rewards at the end of your pay week.