Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Downer Group Employee Reviews for Truck Driver

Truck Driver10 reviews
Great team spirit and able to get the job done efficiently. There is a need to tidy up the care and maintenance of vehicles, machinery and general equipment.
I enjoyed my job and time with this company. It was good steady work. Go for it. They are a good company. A lot of great scenery to look at while you work too.
Fun place to learn and work with colegues.Multiple jobs at different locations. Plenty of overtime and chance to work on weekends for special events around Sydney.
Pros
combination of jobs and locations
Cons
no communications between management
It was great to go back to work and meet friendly staffs and work mates and the feeling of just being back out in the pilbara working at day and night shift ,And accommodation was good ,the food was excellent ,it was good to back there working,
Pros
Good food
Cons
No cons, it was good to meet friendly people
Here I learnt many things to do with heavy machinery, such as operating diggers, rollers, loaders and driving trucks aswell. Most crews were good to work alongside
Have worked under BMA with Downer Mining. Downer keeps thing simple with a lot of discipline. BMA make a lot of changes to policies and over complicates matters. Over all I enjoy working in the mining industry I have done so with working for OEM,s and directly working for Contractors over most of my life.
Busy jobsite to complete tasks on site in a period of time, learnt alot, good co workers. Hardest part of the job was when taks did not go to plan and the enjoyable part of the job was when tasks did go to plan.
Pros
Accommodation & Meals supplied
Cons
Away from family
i learned to know my ways all around auckland and i also drove around the whole of New Zealand, the good thing about this job was getting to travel
Great advancement in career options Plenty of travel working away suited my situation Was a great company to work for Training was always available Made a lot of life time friends
Pros
Career opportunities, great wage
Shifts were 12.5hrs. As I was on a traineeship I went through a steep learning curve and did learn a lot. It was not easy at first and re- quired a great deal of concentration to absorb everything. I found it all come together after about 10mths and could really then hone my skills. It was a large prestrip operation with great equipment like the Komatsu 930E,830E and Bucyrus 4400. Management was supportive and if advice or help was needed it was never a problem. There was some really good people working for the company from a wide diversity of backgrounds. The best part is the people of a company and I felt Downer did well in recruiting a people friendly work force in general.
Pros
Accommodation meals and transport provided