Downer Group Employee Review

View all Downer Group reviews

Enjoyable
Site Traffic Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton New Zealand5 April 2017
Clocking in was always something id look forward to. Getting to catch up with the work crew well waiting for the supervisor to send us to our jobs. every morning as a team we would all help each other out by loading each vehicle with the equipment we needed for the day. once we new where the job was going to be and our vehicles had the equipment we needed we would then make our way to the job and set up. it was never a dull day with the crew members i worked with we were all like family looked after each other at work like we would do our own family's at home. every day i was learning new things from individual team members whether it was helping load the digger on to the truck to showing me how each plant/machinery worked which i really enjoyed because i was learning the knowledge from the experienced operators. They were never fussed in teaching members in there crew how things were done they always looked at it like we were the up an coming workers so if they needed the extra hand if the operator wasn't in for the day or two then we would have the experience to operate which was also good cause they would then help put the guys through there licences to get them qualified. the whole 6 years 3 months i was with Downers was an amazing journey from knowing hardly anything to becoming a person who has gained so much knowledge all thanks to the people who i had worked with well been there.

Other Downer Group Employee Reviews

not a good emoyer only care about money
despatcher (Former Employee) –  Mount Maunganui, Bay of Plenty23 July 2019
worked there 4 years had 82cents payrise only worked shifts no shift allowance managers getting richer workers poorer got a kid in from auckland downers who came to mount maunganui utilities and got shut of all the original hub staff so she could get her mates set on from auckland eastern manager wanted this too and now manager fired off and hub leader gone to road science to r
North Shore branch has one of the worst work culture I’ve ever came across!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Shore, Auckland30 May 2019
People are treated poorly... no leadership, no clear direction, no training providing or any career development. My manager was good with her spreadsheets, but had absolutely terrible people skills. She wasn’t a good leader and just a terrible manager. The whole team hates her and waiting when she will get another job somewhere else.
Pros
Great people
Cons
A very bad manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Downer Group. Our community is ready to answer.