Downer Group Employee Review
Not too bad
When i was employed at Downer, they had just bought another buisnes called Tenix. Downer are new to The Power Industry and didn't really know what was going on. Me and my work collegues found it difficult to get any appropriate gear needed to get job done and found that they had no idea what was involved work wise to getting the job done. I felt pressured at work with them breathing down our necks wanting more production when we are doing our hardest, fastest, and safest work all rolled into one. Apart from that not too bad at all. Good salary and use of vehicles outside of work hours.
Ratings by category
Downers dont hire direct instead to work there you must go via a labour hire firm. They treat their labour hire staffers badly. Anything from making them work up to 13-15 hour days on lollypop duty without a toilet for miles and no known finish times (really hard if youve got kids/pets to pick up from care and the care places shut at 6pm while youre still at work) to promising them full time work after 90 days only then to throw them under a bus after one week for absolutely no reason at all (or some invented reason). Id steer well clear of downer because thats exactly what they are.
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Downer Group. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 396 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about Downer Group
- What is the company culture like at Downer Group?3 people answered
- How does someone get hired at Downer Group?3 people answered
- What interview questions do they ask at Downer Group?2 people answered
- What are the benefits and perks of working at Downer Group?2 people answered
- What are the working hours at Downer Group?One person answered
- Have a nephew in Blenheim . would there be any work in the labourer area for him . He is strong and …
- Company can sponsor?
See all questions and answers
Downer Group Reviews by Job Title
Downer Group Reviews by Location