Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Downer Group Employee Review

Not too bad

26 July 2016
When i was employed at Downer, they had just bought another buisnes called Tenix. Downer are new to The Power Industry and didn't really know what was going on. Me and my work collegues found it difficult to get any appropriate gear needed to get job done and found that they had no idea what was involved work wise to getting the job done. I felt pressured at work with them breathing down our necks wanting more production when we are doing our hardest, fastest, and safest work all rolled into one. Apart from that not too bad at all. Good salary and use of vehicles outside of work hours.
16 May 2020
Assistant Technician (Former Employee) - Wellington New Zealand
Great company to work for.
I have learned a lot from the people working at Downer, in the technical division.

I had to leave the company due to my work visa that expired.
3 April 2020
Traffic Controller and Labourer (Temp) (Former Employee) - Wellington
Downers dont hire direct instead to work there you must go via a labour hire firm. They treat their labour hire staffers badly. Anything from making them work up to 13-15 hour days on lollypop duty without a toilet for miles and no known finish times (really hard if youve got kids/pets to pick up from care and the care places shut at 6pm while youre still at work) to promising them full time work after 90 days only then to throw them under a bus after one week for absolutely no reason at all (or some invented reason). Id steer well clear of downer because thats exactly what they are.
7 December 2016
Gardener (Former Employee) - Wellington, Wellington
Great place to work, great people to work with and management of our department was exceptional.
The work was great.

Lots of training opportunities.