Downer Group Employee Review

View all Downer Group reviews

Challenging company
Chip Sealing Foreman (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury3 January 2016
Downer were a great company to work for in the first two years but over the last year they are struggling to recruit and maintain staff. Unfortunately I feel that this is due to the nature of work and the company being one of the lowest paying in the industry. I have however learnt many new skills in the industry and progressed a few times to the role I am currently in. I currently have a great team that I look after and have fought to keep them but Downer just aren't willing to pay their worth. The hardest part of the job for me is the lack of planning and organisation by my superiors. While i have no problem thinking on my feet and finding solutions to these problems I feel that the company is too focused to cost cutting and not on its workers requirements.
Pros
over time allowences
Cons
looking after its people

Other Downer Group Employee Reviews

Well worth the experience working at Downer
Long reach mower (Former Employee) –  Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui29 November 2019
I enjoyed working at Downer but I was lead to believe that I was permanent full time , I dont know what happened but was played off, I was driving the long reach mower a job I enjoyed greatly, and was very disappointed when I was told that there was no more work for me, but in saying that working at Downer I would recommend to anybody
Fast paced environment with great staff
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Porirua23 November 2019
Fast paced, multi-tasking environment with loyal staff. Only a few opportunities for advancement. Management could be more in touch with staff. Able to work independently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Downer Group. Our community is ready to answer.