Downer Group Employee Review

View all Downer Group reviews

Great company,people,managers.
Optical Fibre Technician (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, S18 May 2015
Working for Downer was a great company to work for, they were really safety focused, which made everyone stop and just take 5, before we started our day. They were also big on training, so if were unsure we would be either shown by someone, or we would all be trained together so everyone was up to speed. Our field manger was fantastic, always there to help or even come out to the job site and help us to get the problem sorted.
A typical start, was ringing every customer, that was booked in for a Optical install, just to let them know we were coming, and also to we were coming on the right day and time that they had been informed by there internet provider.
Then we would look at all the information we had of were the fibre was located in the street and work out the best route to the house, and consult with them on the best place for all the hardware to make the new optical connection work.
Everyone that worked on the installs were great, always there to help or lend equipment if necessary. Great people, great work environment and when the job that the customer was happy with and the fibre was up and working at the speed they had signed up for that always made the day a good day.
Hardest part was when we would have blocked tubes which meant the fibre wasn't able to be blown from the street to the house. Which meat it was passed back to the build contractor who put all the tube's in, to come back and dig up and fix the problem, which delayed the customer from switching to fibre.
Pros
Fully equiped van, phone, tablet. Great team, good management.
Cons
Sometimes long days to finish the job for the comitment date.

Other Downer Group Employee Reviews

Poor management, lack of support
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New Zealand14 December 2019
Company is growing too fast and overloading staff with poor management and a lack of support.
People are put in positions they cannot succeed in and left with no support.
Well worth the experience working at Downer
Long reach mower (Former Employee) –  Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui29 November 2019
I enjoyed working at Downer but I was lead to believe that I was permanent full time , I dont know what happened but was played off, I was driving the long reach mower a job I enjoyed greatly, and was very disappointed when I was told that there was no more work for me, but in saying that working at Downer I would recommend to anybody

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Downer Group. Our community is ready to answer.