Downer Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Downer Group Employee Review

Good work environment

10 August 2018
I was in a crew of 6 top blokes
Our team leader brilliant health and safety very good

The best part of the day was the debrief of the day over a cold beer
Pros
Good overtime
Cons
Long days
28 January 2015
Same role
Labourer (Former Employee) - Otorohanga, Waitomo
Typical day at work with downers started with a morning coffee and chat with workmates before heading our seperate ways to our work sites, i learnt a wide range of skills which i thought was bit hard and confusing at 1st but my workmates were there to explain the job at hand well and also helped me out when i had bit of trouble aswell as taught me how to operate the machinery involved with some jobs when i got qualified aswell as my license to operate the machinery on site.

Mangement at the time was awesome and understanding with me instead of dropping me in the deep end and sending me out on jobs i knew nothing about instead they paired me up with 1 of the experienced guys and crew to help me out.

The hardest part of the job was having to leave the awesome crew and workmates i was working with and management who taught me alot of the skills i picked up within the industry.

The most enjoyable part of the job was turning up everyday chatting with workmates aswell as mangement, they made me excited bout getting up and going to work everyday because not only were my workmates a bunch of awesome, funny and easy going people they made you feel like you were apart of their family and made the depo and workplace feel like a safe place to work.
19 March 2020
Same location
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) - Christchurch
good place to work and has the potential for excellent career development as it works in many industries. After working so many years for Downer I felt like part of the family
12 May 2017
Same location
Service Technician (Current Employee) - Christchurch, Canterbury
A typical day at work includes installing new service and troubleshooting problems on existing service. I have excellent co-workers and good relationships with all of them! The hardest part of my job is the uncertainty of what I will be doing from day to day.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Work not organied very well. Could be better.