Drury Hotels

Drury Hotels Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Great place!

Overall great company to work for. Gm was okay, but lazy and used her unlimited time off to her advantage and even slept in the rooms at times. Other managers and staff made the job worth it.

Drury's housekeeping staff is very clean about there job sometimes I work in room’s too

My problem with Drury is cutting hour’s and not having any cleaning supplies like we should if we do get supplies it is watered down to conserve on the coast of the cleaning products

Pros

No we don’t get free breakfast or lunch at Drury hotel

Cons

Yes you can get your break’s while you are cleaning your rooms like a smoke or your own lunch

You’re success depends on you’re GM and RM

Drury is a good company to work for. They have a wage policy to be the highest in the market which is a great benefit for all employees, just keeping in mind that you’re market is your properties competitive set, so if a retail or manufacturing company pay more, it doesn’t count. The benefit package is also pretty good but I’ve had better at previous jobs. Hours can be long and you’re schedule must be open to work any shift including over nights. You’re true success depends on you’re General Manager and you’re regional manager. Some help you advance and do more and help you grow, some just see you as front desk or food and beverage coverage. At my location the RM would make an appearance twice a year some years, hard to cultivate relationships that way! Some RMs are totally different and you see those AGMs become GMs fast so make sure you ask some questions and understand what a typical day looks like at you’re property and how many AGMs have become GMs from you’re property, that will tell you a lot!

Awful management

If your a manager your fine and can get away with murder in that place. If your not you have no job security in the least. Working hard doesn’t pay off here.

Pros

Na

Cons

Upper management

I WANTED to like it!

I really wanted to like it!However, I didn't jive with how things were ran (management) and the constant negativity and laziness from majority of the staff.

Pros

decent pay, full time and benefits available, great guests

Cons

constant negativity, laziness, poor leadership, unfair workload and scheduling

Stressful

The call waiting light was constantly blinking everyday for the whole shift with no lulls or dips throughout the day. Found out later that they were intentionally not hiring people who that it would stay super busy.

Great company for the hotel industry

Definitely a great company if you want to get into the hotel business. Great people and managers depending on your location. What to know anything else, ask them

Pros

Opportunities, Great people

Cons

No assigned breaks

If your management your good as gold

General manager will side with the other managers every single time whether they are right or not. You have to call corporate to get a thing done around that place its rediculous

Pros

Lots of hours

Cons

You deal with bs that’s not worth the 13hr they offer

the owners care about the staff and the facility equally. They visit and talk to staff and complement where appropriate and scold when necessary. But always fairly.

It's a nice place to work

I love working there the management is great and the employees are nice and friendly. The company is great. If you have any problems they will work with you.

Pros

They some times buy you lunch

Cons

Health care is available

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Drury Hotels?

Absolutely great place to work. Would love to work there again. Great Boss, Wonderful people to work with. Management above my boss were great to work for. I can't say enough great things about Drury.

Decent place to work

Good work life balance. Turnover is high. Management turnover is high and feels like your treading water to finish tasks. Pay is on par.. lack of communication hurts the team as a whole.

Pros

Pay is decent

Cons

Unorganized management

A fun place to work

I worked at medical Center in food and beverage and I loved it and the GM. I was trained on all positions, and the management was caring and understanding.

Solid company

It ok Management is too easy on non productive employees Great employees are recognized Room for advancement is spoken of but I don’t see progress in that area

Decent

I loved the people I worked with. The job itself was dull, the pay was good for the industry, but still low for the stuff that you have to put up with. The management was always very supportive.

Great management and coworkers!

Management will always try to work with you and help you out if you ask! Yearly raises, paid time off after one year, paid holidays, competitive pay overall a great place to work

Drury Inn

I was not too crazy about the management. There was a lot of managerial turnover that made direction inconsistent. The actual job was rewarding and I looked forward to customers.

Amazing Company

This company was amazing work with. Pays well. The benefits are amazing. The upper management at the corporate office is very supportive. We all work as a team.

Management is top notch, and I feel generally appreciated. I don’t get enough hours but i enjoy going to work. Job offers incentives to do better with bonus pay.

Great place to work. Everyone i work with is professional and enjoys what they do.

I am new at Drury and so far it has been a great experience. Everyone is incredibly helpful and works together well. Everyone comes to work with a genuine smile on their face and that says a lot. Benefits are great and the atmosphere is fantastic. Love my new job!

pay a few bills

The pay isn’t worth the danger you are placed in. Homeless people are aggressive and will attack you just from you telling them they can’t be on property panhandling or when the sneak in for food and harass the guest inside the hotel. Free coffee 24hrs is the only plus, to keep you up.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Unsafe work environment past 7pm. Management gossip and start drama between employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drury Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Drury Hotels