Eastern Institute of Technology
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Eastern Institute of Technology Employee Review

A productive workplace especially when interacting with students

20 November 2019
What I enjoyed most about the job was my interaction with the students. Facilitating their learning and to see the progress they made. A typical day would mean getting in early, depending on the type of teaching I would prepare the classroom -tutorials circular arrangement of desk, setting activities. Research - preference was to use the computer hub and work with each student individually as needs arise.
20 February 2018
Liaison (Former Employee) - Taradale, Hawke's Bay
My first time there I was being interviewed for a fixed term contract...didn't hear a thing my future manager was saying as I was looking out his window saying to myself what an awesome place to be. Great education opportunities if you could fit it in around your busy work schedule. Excellent colleagues who I gained a lot of respect for! Management were supportive in some areas and in others, a bit behind the times! The students made the days tolerable even the ones who dragged their feet and were at times uncooperative! When they graduated it made all the hard work worth it!
Pros
Well kept and tidy campus
Cons
Can't think of any
7 February 2018
Online Services (Current Employee) - Taradale, Hawke's Bay
Completing study with a job opportunity from EIT was a great way to further develop the skills I had gained from my course. It has given me the ability to advance futher and as an employer they have been encouraging and supportive.
Pros
Flexible hours
8 March 2017
Student (Former Employee) - Napier, Hawke's Bay
setting goals for stable future for my family showing them that with hard work pays off and being offered the help with work experience placement I have the right atitude to secure my familys future and show that wat ever they choose to do theycan achieve .
  1. A productive workplace especially when interacting with students