EastPack Employee Reviews

Productive work
Packing (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty17 July 2018
It was a beautiful stage of work, where we shared many hours of work with colleagues, bosses and coordinators. It was hard work but fun thanks to the good work environment.
Friendly Environment and Helpful Superior
Shipping Desk Allocations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty3 June 2018
My superior and work mates are supportive and helpful whenever I came across some tough task and they are always there to give me advice and guide me through the tough time. I enjoy working with the team even though it's a long hours job :)
Pros
Strong Team Spirit
Cons
Long Hours (7am-7pm)
Productive Place
Grader (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty25 May 2018
Colleagues are fun and helpful. However they don't really treat WHV workers well and thus culture of discrimination does exist. However, the HR office staff are very helpful and efficient in their work.
Productive , funwork place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty17 April 2018
Enjoyed meeting other people , communication is a big and reliability so they know you are going to be at work
I am a very honest person and I like to be able to be given a chance
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short hours
a dream
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty4 March 2018
absolutely loved it, long hours, hard work friendly and smiling faces jokes and banter flying, quite invigorating to a young soul as i, the smoko breaks.
Pros
body hurting
Cons
leaving
Fun Work Place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Glenbervie, whangarei28 February 2018
I enjoyed my time at east pack even though the job description was packing fruit into boxes and was part time, it brought me out of my comfort zone to communicate and socialise with others, I was a person who was shy, and they helped me with communication skills.
Pros
Team members
Not too bad depending on your day
Orchard Worker (Former Employee) –  Opotiki, Bay of Plenty28 November 2017
To be really honest i never liked this job but because it was seasonal and could make money under the table to support my family i went to work every single day
Pros
Can make alot of money
Cons
Too long of a day not enough money
very active workplace
production staff (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty15 October 2017
This is a very busy workplace, I need to be quick and active. I've learned that packing kiwi fruit is not that easy. Hardest part for me is when I carry boxes of kiwi fruit the whole day.
review
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty20 September 2017
My day would start by making sure the line ws set up ready for the stackers and once they arrive to have a morning meeting, once we start the day i would make sure that the team are doing the work correctly and if there was any problems i would help them out. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. i learned how to motivate a team.
Wasnt that good
Prooning (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty20 September 2017
You get paid for what you work for, you work hard and you get paid good money. Long job hours and wasn't getting paid for the back breaking work I was doing
Pros
Peaceful
Cons
Sore back
good working environment
Grader (Former Employee) –  Katikati, Bay of Plenty18 September 2017
Eastpack was a nice experience where you can meet very good work partners but above all good people. optimum performance in teamwork. It was a family atmosphere where the bosses made you feel part of it
Working Hard doesnt payoff at Eastpack Edgecumbe, you cant excell unless you know management
NSS-TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty13 September 2017
Eastpack Packhoue Edgecumbe: Start my shift turning on machinery, prepping area for the shift. Team Leader Meeting. I relay notes taken from meeting to my staff i.e. number of bins for the shift, stats from the shift the night before. I learned a wide range of things to do with the kiwi fruit industry being my first time working with kiwifruit. Everything from prunning to packing, The hardest part of the job wasnt the workers was actually Management already set in their ways. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with a wide range of people and cultures and establishing friendships, as well as learning.
Pros
Learning New Things, Meeting and making long lasting friendships
Cons
Management dont listen to the needs of their workers
good place to work
strapping machine operator (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty9 September 2017
Enjoyed living close didn't have to travel. I enjoyed meeting new people. There was no hard part to the job it is easy but boring if the machines are slow.
Pros
easy job to do
Cons
The inconsistent hours and not knowing how long the season will last
Productive and fun workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Katikati, Bay of Plenty4 September 2017
the management was really good, i enjoyed a lot going to work and see my coworkers.
The job itself is not really interesting because you do the same thing during 10 hours but it depends on whom you working with and the speed etc.
The hardest part of the job is the repetition and the position of your body. You can easilly be hurt.
Pros
free snack once a week, good management, games during breaks
Fun Workplace
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Quarry Road, TePuke, 31192 August 2017
We start pretty early loading trucks and containers. As a worker, I sometimes see things that can be done to make the job more efficient and free flowing but it is what it is. The workplace . culture is good and full of vibrant nationalities. Manangement are all down to earth people. I think the hardest part of the job is avoiding accidents with pedestrians who tend to not follow the designated walkways. I like how we can get to celebrate something together as a department once in a while.
Pros
free feeds and tea and coffee
Cons
Early Starts
Reject analysis
Reject analysis (Former Employee) –  Opotiki, Bay of Plenty18 June 2017
Working with the team leader as well as team members...learn the ways with kiwifruit and other things..meeting Vanuatu is awesome learn a lot of different languages and different people
Pros
meeting Vanuatu
forklift operator
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty11 June 2017
East Pack was amazing, it was like family when I was working there.
Everyone got along with each other and had fun.
Lunch was free sometimes.
The two managers for the coldstore from dayshift loved me a lot even thou I worked on nightshift.
The three managers from nightshift also loved me because I was always willing to help out with doing other tasked and jobs on site.
Pros
free lunch, able to listen to music, amazing team and group
team work
packing kiwifruit (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty14 May 2017
cool happy people from all over the world working here every season.
learnt heaps from the qcs and supervisors great team working environment to be around
Pros
end of season shared lunches
Cons
Great place to work. Great people to work with.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Zealand25 April 2017
I worked with a team of 12 other people. I coordinated work to the team and watched over the process and dealt with problems as they arose. 1 main problem was absenteeism. I think due to long hours of work...takes its toll on the body.
Energetic and busy work place
Quality Controller (Current Employee) –  Quarry rd te puke6 April 2017
Busy work place
Learn time management skills at this job
Good communication necessary
Can do attitude is necessary
Learn so much about other cultures