EastPack Employee Reviews

Friendly Environment and Helpful Superior
Shipping Desk Allocations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty3 June 2018
My superior and work mates are supportive and helpful whenever I came across some tough task and they are always there to give me advice and guide me through the tough time. I enjoy working with the team even though it's a long hours job :)
Pros
Strong Team Spirit
Cons
Long Hours (7am-7pm)
Productive work
Packing (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty17 July 2018
It was a beautiful stage of work, where we shared many hours of work with colleagues, bosses and coordinators. It was hard work but fun thanks to the good work environment.
Productive Place
Grader (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty25 May 2018
Colleagues are fun and helpful. However they don't really treat WHV workers well and thus culture of discrimination does exist. However, the HR office staff are very helpful and efficient in their work.
Productive , funwork place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty17 April 2018
Enjoyed meeting other people , communication is a big and reliability so they know you are going to be at work
I am a very honest person and I like to be able to be given a chance
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short hours
Fun Work Place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Glenbervie, whangarei28 February 2018
I enjoyed my time at east pack even though the job description was packing fruit into boxes and was part time, it brought me out of my comfort zone to communicate and socialise with others, I was a person who was shy, and they helped me with communication skills.
Pros
Team members
a dream
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty4 March 2018
absolutely loved it, long hours, hard work friendly and smiling faces jokes and banter flying, quite invigorating to a young soul as i, the smoko breaks.
Pros
body hurting
Cons
leaving
Productive and fun workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Katikati, Bay of Plenty4 September 2017
the management was really good, i enjoyed a lot going to work and see my coworkers.
The job itself is not really interesting because you do the same thing during 10 hours but it depends on whom you working with and the speed etc.
The hardest part of the job is the repetition and the position of your body. You can easilly be hurt.
Pros
free snack once a week, good management, games during breaks
Working Hard doesnt payoff at Eastpack Edgecumbe, you cant excell unless you know management
NSS-TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty13 September 2017
Eastpack Packhoue Edgecumbe: Start my shift turning on machinery, prepping area for the shift. Team Leader Meeting. I relay notes taken from meeting to my staff i.e. number of bins for the shift, stats from the shift the night before. I learned a wide range of things to do with the kiwi fruit industry being my first time working with kiwifruit. Everything from prunning to packing, The hardest part of the job wasnt the workers was actually Management already set in their ways. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with a wide range of people and cultures and establishing friendships, as well as learning.
Pros
Learning New Things, Meeting and making long lasting friendships
Cons
Management dont listen to the needs of their workers
review
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty20 September 2017
My day would start by making sure the line ws set up ready for the stackers and once they arrive to have a morning meeting, once we start the day i would make sure that the team are doing the work correctly and if there was any problems i would help them out. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. i learned how to motivate a team.
Fun Workplace
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Quarry Road, TePuke, 31192 August 2017
We start pretty early loading trucks and containers. As a worker, I sometimes see things that can be done to make the job more efficient and free flowing but it is what it is. The workplace . culture is good and full of vibrant nationalities. Manangement are all down to earth people. I think the hardest part of the job is avoiding accidents with pedestrians who tend to not follow the designated walkways. I like how we can get to celebrate something together as a department once in a while.
Pros
free feeds and tea and coffee
Cons
Early Starts
Not too bad depending on your day
Orchard Worker (Former Employee) –  Opotiki, Bay of Plenty28 November 2017
To be really honest i never liked this job but because it was seasonal and could make money under the table to support my family i went to work every single day
Pros
Can make alot of money
Cons
Too long of a day not enough money
forklift operator
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty11 June 2017
East Pack was amazing, it was like family when I was working there.
Everyone got along with each other and had fun.
Lunch was free sometimes.
The two managers for the coldstore from dayshift loved me a lot even thou I worked on nightshift.
The three managers from nightshift also loved me because I was always willing to help out with doing other tasked and jobs on site.
Pros
free lunch, able to listen to music, amazing team and group
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  East Pack Ltd2 August 2017
I really enjoyed working in the kiwifruit industry , my roles were tray prep and packing also some stacking , the machines were going fast as the demand was high for the kiwifruit being shipped out of the country , Im reliable and honest always at work on time have own transport and have a current full nz drivers license and im a nz citizen also.
Fast paced environment, really productive
Packhouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty4 January 2017
It was always such a long day at work but time just flew, learned alot working in a pack house about kiwifruits. Management was on point all the time. Always interacted well with my co-workers, still friends with them till this day. the hardest part of this job was keeping up with the machine, loved the challenge though but so hard. The most enjoyable parts of the job would be learning new things in the workplace, and rotating places.
Pros
Good pay
good place to work
strapping machine operator (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty9 September 2017
Enjoyed living close didn't have to travel. I enjoyed meeting new people. There was no hard part to the job it is easy but boring if the machines are slow.
Pros
easy job to do
Cons
The inconsistent hours and not knowing how long the season will last
great place to work with people from different nationalites.
cool store Team member (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty2 December 2016
i enjoyed while working for company they have good management and they treat all there employees equally. the best part of job is so many people from different nationalities work their as a team. which is great we get to know each other and make new friends while working
Pros
job is good for student and those who want to earn extra income
Cons
it is seasonal work company so when season finish there is no job
Tray Preparation
Team Worker (Current Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty29 May 2016
I am currently working for EastPack Limited which is seasonal and have learnt how to work under intense pressure and how to work in a timely manner in which I can manage to prepare the trays for packing Kiwifruit. I have thoroughly enjoyed working for EastPack and meeting and interacting with different people everyday although do find that working long hours and working 7 days a week can become quite tiresome.
Pros
Free Coffees
Cons
Long Hours, 7 days a week
Very pleasant place to work for
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Katikati, N6 November 2015
I had a awesome time here. It is a factory with excellent management and lovely place to work in. People are very friendly even while working. It offers nice free tea, coffee and milk to everyone. It has reasonable working hours and breaks. People who perform well can also be voted to get the award "Seasonal Excellent Employees" . There is also a talent show held each season, where employees volunteer to show their talent and are then graded by the judges (three respectable employers) as well as the audience (all the employees). We enjoyed that a lot.
Productive and fun work place
Grader, Grader Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whangarei New Zealand5 November 2014
set up my area see how many graders i have on if there isnt enough i would have to call in people to fill there shift. Depending on what fruit we are working with on that day i could move people down on to the floor to pack and make boxes. Co workers were easy to get along with listen to me when told what to do. Hardest part of the job fixing the machinery.Working with a good team.
Pros
the co workers and the free lunches and the staff the consent challenge of teaching new workers.
Cons
Downtime when season was ending and dealing with difficult team members.
fast productive area
Grader and Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Edgecumbe, N23 February 2014
8pm start and 7am finish 6 nights on and 1 night off. I had learnt a lot of skills Grading = Identifying 3 different grading standards of Kiwifruit Export - Class 1
Import - Class2
Rubbish - Class3

There are many areas in the Quality control and we all train up in each department you have to work in a team because we need to be able to communicate and let each other and our team leader know if there needs to be any concerns.

The hardest part of my job was near the last nights and hours of the weekending as it was long hours and long nights
but the most enjoyable parts was the experience I gained in my work place and meeting a lot of nice people...
Pros
work shouts ...end of season breaks
Cons
long jours