EastPack
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

EastPack Employee Reviews

good place to work at meet all different kinds of walk of life
gets very busy when it does a Good place to work highly recommend it to anyone. I love driving for cool stores cause we are the heart of the company. making sure all product get out without delay
Not a very good workplace
Seasonal work provided. Have to work for bad shift timings. Not a very good workplace. During the main season, the shift starts at 7.30 am and finishes at 6 p.m. The management is not good is providing effective management roles to skilled people.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Everyone is friendly, permanent staff make the place feel like a second home. Excellent company to work for. You are constantly busy and most likely you will have the opportunity to work for other departments within the packhouse, which is fun because change is good in there.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Dont have set work hours.
Fun workplace
Eastpack is a good place to make friends and know people from different parts of the world. It’s a good place to practice the English because the people is really patient.
Pros
Cultural exchange
Cons
Speed
Fun loving
As it was a seasonal job so didnt know much about it yeah but when i was there it was fun loving and a caring environment for everyone who are new and yeah had to deal with pressure of the machines that was rolling with the fruits and yeah KIWI fruits actually.
Productive and fun place
I enjoyed working at a fast pace. It's only seasonal work but it's very easy. Excellent company and awsome supervisors. Team leaders and co workers all work together to a get the work done in a positive and fast environment
Pros
Good team work
Cons
The most enjoyable time of the job
My most enjoyable time of the job is.to be able to be out and about meeting and greeting all walks of life and to be out and about with the community. with a friendly and giving smile giving a smile can brighten up a persons day its also contageous.
Productive work
It was a beautiful stage of work, where we shared many hours of work with colleagues, bosses and coordinators. It was hard work but fun thanks to the good work environment.
Friendly Environment and Helpful Superior
My superior and work mates are supportive and helpful whenever I came across some tough task and they are always there to give me advice and guide me through the tough time. I enjoy working with the team even though it's a long hours job :)
Pros
Strong Team Spirit
Cons
Long Hours (7am-7pm)
Productive Place
Colleagues are fun and helpful. However they don't really treat WHV workers well and thus culture of discrimination does exist. However, the HR office staff are very helpful and efficient in their work.
Productive , funwork place
Enjoyed meeting other people , communication is a big and reliability so they know you are going to be at work
I am a very honest person and I like to be able to be given a chance
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short hours
a dream
absolutely loved it, long hours, hard work friendly and smiling faces jokes and banter flying, quite invigorating to a young soul as i, the smoko breaks.
Pros
body hurting
Cons
leaving
Fun Work Place
I enjoyed my time at east pack even though the job description was packing fruit into boxes and was part time, it brought me out of my comfort zone to communicate and socialise with others, I was a person who was shy, and they helped me with communication skills.
Pros
Team members
Not too bad depending on your day
To be really honest i never liked this job but because it was seasonal and could make money under the table to support my family i went to work every single day
Pros
Can make alot of money
Cons
Too long of a day not enough money
very active workplace
This is a very busy workplace, I need to be quick and active. I've learned that packing kiwi fruit is not that easy. Hardest part for me is when I carry boxes of kiwi fruit the whole day.
review
My day would start by making sure the line ws set up ready for the stackers and once they arrive to have a morning meeting, once we start the day i would make sure that the team are doing the work correctly and if there was any problems i would help them out. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. i learned how to motivate a team.
Wasnt that good
You get paid for what you work for, you work hard and you get paid good money. Long job hours and wasn't getting paid for the back breaking work I was doing
Pros
Peaceful
Cons
Sore back
good working environment
Eastpack was a nice experience where you can meet very good work partners but above all good people. optimum performance in teamwork. It was a family atmosphere where the bosses made you feel part of it
Working Hard doesnt payoff at Eastpack Edgecumbe, you cant excell unless you know management
Eastpack Packhoue Edgecumbe: Start my shift turning on machinery, prepping area for the shift. Team Leader Meeting. I relay notes taken from meeting to my staff i.e. number of bins for the shift, stats from the shift the night before. I learned a wide range of things to do with the kiwi fruit industry being my first time working with kiwifruit. Everything from prunning to packing, The hardest part of the job wasnt the workers was actually Management already set in their ways. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with a wide range of people and cultures and establishing friendships, as well as learning.
Pros
Learning New Things, Meeting and making long lasting friendships
Cons
Management dont listen to the needs of their workers
good place to work
Enjoyed living close didn't have to travel. I enjoyed meeting new people. There was no hard part to the job it is easy but boring if the machines are slow.
Pros
easy job to do
Cons
The inconsistent hours and not knowing how long the season will last
Productive and fun workplace
the management was really good, i enjoyed a lot going to work and see my coworkers.
The job itself is not really interesting because you do the same thing during 10 hours but it depends on whom you working with and the speed etc.

The hardest part of the job is the repetition and the position of your body. You can easilly be hurt.
Pros
free snack once a week, good management, games during breaks