EastPack
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
EastPack Employee Review

A Great Company to work for

16 November 2014
My time at East pack East pack is the largest Kiwifruit Company in New Zealand, I worked at the head office, my typical day was very full as I work very efficiently when busy it suited me well. I learnt a great deal working for this company, the management and co workers were a great tight team we had weekly meeting to discuss ways to improve office efficiency and always working towards a good atmosphere which makes good productivity, I did not find any part of the job hard I just did the job at hand to the best of my ability, as the company was grower owned the most enjoyable part of the job was to get to know all the growers personally, the better production the company made the more the growers and the staff received as bonus so it was a win win situation for all.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Long Hours
17 April 2018
Packer (Former Employee) - Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty
Enjoyed meeting other people , communication is a big and reliability so they know you are going to be at work I am a very honest person and I like to be able to be given a chance
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short hours
13 September 2017
NSS-TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) - Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty
Eastpack Packhoue Edgecumbe: Start my shift turning on machinery, prepping area for the shift. Team Leader Meeting. I relay notes taken from meeting to my staff i.e. number of bins for the shift, stats from the shift the night before. I learned a wide range of things to do with the kiwi fruit industry being my first time working with kiwifruit. Everything from prunning to packing, The hardest part of the job wasnt the workers was actually Management already set in their ways. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with a wide range of people and cultures and establishing friendships, as well as learning.
Pros
Learning New Things, Meeting and making long lasting friendships
Cons
Management dont listen to the needs of their workers
26 January 2017
Same location
Crew supervisor, plant care and maintenance (Former Employee) - Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty
Great support! Awsome management, fun and productive, co operative, pays good money eg. 20 hourly, part time, love the atmosphere and fellow employers and always 100% work there.
Pros
Money
Cons
Part time