EastPack
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
EastPack Employee Review

seasonal work, pleasant , fun and productive

23 March 2014
I was accepted into working without little question. It was a job I had never done before, working when the fruit was ready, then being available to put the hours in. Was a little hard to adjust to standing, bending over sometimes for 11 hours a day, but the end rewards were there to have companionship, some laughs, a new learning experience and of course the pay .Its team effort, and we always strive to do our best. Then we would have a break for a later season, where we had the opportunity, to work again, re-packing the fruit in the boxes ready for market. I enjoy working in a team environment.
Pros
Free fruit, sometimes a food shout.
Cons
Long hard work, can be noisy in the factory environment, sometimes very cold inside on the hands, sometimes under pressure to be fast and accurate.
17 April 2018
Packer (Former Employee) - Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty
Enjoyed meeting other people , communication is a big and reliability so they know you are going to be at work I am a very honest person and I like to be able to be given a chance
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short hours
13 September 2017
NSS-TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) - Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty
Eastpack Packhoue Edgecumbe: Start my shift turning on machinery, prepping area for the shift. Team Leader Meeting. I relay notes taken from meeting to my staff i.e. number of bins for the shift, stats from the shift the night before. I learned a wide range of things to do with the kiwi fruit industry being my first time working with kiwifruit. Everything from prunning to packing, The hardest part of the job wasnt the workers was actually Management already set in their ways. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with a wide range of people and cultures and establishing friendships, as well as learning.
Pros
Learning New Things, Meeting and making long lasting friendships
Cons
Management dont listen to the needs of their workers
26 January 2017
Same location
Crew supervisor, plant care and maintenance (Former Employee) - Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty
Great support! Awsome management, fun and productive, co operative, pays good money eg. 20 hourly, part time, love the atmosphere and fellow employers and always 100% work there.
Pros
Money
Cons
Part time
  1. seasonal work, pleasant , fun and productive