EastPack Employee Reviews in Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty

Productive , funwork place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty17 April 2018
Enjoyed meeting other people , communication is a big and reliability so they know you are going to be at work
I am a very honest person and I like to be able to be given a chance
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short hours
Working Hard doesnt payoff at Eastpack Edgecumbe, you cant excell unless you know management
NSS-TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty13 September 2017
Eastpack Packhoue Edgecumbe: Start my shift turning on machinery, prepping area for the shift. Team Leader Meeting. I relay notes taken from meeting to my staff i.e. number of bins for the shift, stats from the shift the night before. I learned a wide range of things to do with the kiwi fruit industry being my first time working with kiwifruit. Everything from prunning to packing, The hardest part of the job wasnt the workers was actually Management already set in their ways. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with a wide range of people and cultures and establishing friendships, as well as learning.
Pros
Learning New Things, Meeting and making long lasting friendships
Cons
Management dont listen to the needs of their workers
Fast paced environment, really productive
Packhouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty4 January 2017
It was always such a long day at work but time just flew, learned alot working in a pack house about kiwifruits. Management was on point all the time. Always interacted well with my co-workers, still friends with them till this day. the hardest part of this job was keeping up with the machine, loved the challenge though but so hard. The most enjoyable parts of the job would be learning new things in the workplace, and rotating places.
Pros
Good pay
productive and fun place
stacker (Current Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty18 September 2016
eastpack was a good company to work with, the HR manager was really nice to all employees and everyone got along as a family. evryone worked together through out the 11 hour shifts.
Pros
alot of people to get along with
Tray Preparation
Team Worker (Current Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty29 May 2016
I am currently working for EastPack Limited which is seasonal and have learnt how to work under intense pressure and how to work in a timely manner in which I can manage to prepare the trays for packing Kiwifruit. I have thoroughly enjoyed working for EastPack and meeting and interacting with different people everyday although do find that working long hours and working 7 days a week can become quite tiresome.
Pros
Free Coffees
Cons
Long Hours, 7 days a week
Busy, exciting, Learning
Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty8 March 2016
Eastpack is an exciting place to work where there are always chances to upskill yourself. It varies in work so you have to be able to multitask and fit into any slot that they ask of you. The people are great to work for and work with. The hardest part of the job is trying to find a balance between making management happy whilst doing your job to the best of your knowledge.
Fun enviroment
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand11 October 2015
Very fun environment to work in with supportive team leaders and co-workers. Getting use to the different shapes and sizes of the fruit were the hardest part for me, but it wasn't long until I clicked on. My peers were full of laughter, which made work more exciting to attend.
A Great Company to work for
Office Receptionist and Administration Support (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, N16 November 2014
My time at East pack

East pack is the largest Kiwifruit Company in New Zealand, I worked at the head office, my typical day was very full as I work very efficiently when busy it suited me well.
I learnt a great deal working for this company, the management and co workers were a great tight team we had weekly meeting to discuss ways to improve office efficiency and always working towards a good atmosphere which makes good productivity, I did not find any part of the job hard I just did the job at hand to the best of my ability, as the company was grower owned the most enjoyable part of the job was to get to know all the growers personally, the better production the company made the more the growers and the staff received as bonus so it was a win win situation for all.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Long Hours
seasonal work, pleasant , fun and productive
Production line worker ; Fruit grader (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, N23 March 2014
I was accepted into working without little question. It was a job I had never done before, working when the fruit was ready, then being available to put the hours in. Was a little hard to adjust to standing, bending over sometimes for 11 hours a day, but the end rewards were there to have companionship, some laughs, a new learning experience and of course the pay .Its team effort, and we always strive to do our best. Then we would have a break for a later season, where we had the opportunity, to work again, re-packing the fruit in the boxes ready for market. I enjoy working in a team environment.
Pros
Free fruit, sometimes a food shout.
Cons
Long hard work, can be noisy in the factory environment, sometimes very cold inside on the hands, sometimes under pressure to be fast and accurate.
fast productive area
Grader and Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Edgecumbe, N23 February 2014
8pm start and 7am finish 6 nights on and 1 night off. I had learnt a lot of skills Grading = Identifying 3 different grading standards of Kiwifruit Export - Class 1
Import - Class2
Rubbish - Class3

There are many areas in the Quality control and we all train up in each department you have to work in a team because we need to be able to communicate and let each other and our team leader know if there needs to be any concerns.

The hardest part of my job was near the last nights and hours of the weekending as it was long hours and long nights
but the most enjoyable parts was the experience I gained in my work place and meeting a lot of nice people...
Pros
work shouts ...end of season breaks
Cons
long jours
good job
kiwifruit packer (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, N8 January 2014
start at 7pm finished at 7 am, make sure boxes are made, lines are clear,
Pros
good money, friendly company
Cons
long hours, only seasonal job
fun workplace
Packer / grader (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, N6 August 2013
The managements of all departments in the workplace were friendly not just to the workers but to the fruit owners, they would make anyone feel comfortable in the work place to up skill you from scratch. I think the main down fall is having to be standing on your feet all day and going home with a aching body but than at the end of the week I guess the money is all worth it.