EastPack
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

EastPack Employee Reviews in Te Puke, Bay of Plenty

Te Puke, Bay of Plenty33 reviews
We had such good team leaders. And once a week we have free stuff for lunch. Working there was fun cause everybody was friendly and hard working. I highly recommend Eastpack.
Great place to work if you want to just knuckle down and get on with the job. It can be very fast paced and you have to be able to work well under pressure or else the kiwis will go everywhere. Staff and colleagues are very friendly and will gladly help if you are struggling. The job itself is very repetitive and the days can be long so I couldn’t work there permanently. However, it’s a good place to work if you are looking for work over a short period of time to earn a bit of cash for your travels.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Long days
gets very busy when it does a Good place to work highly recommend it to anyone. I love driving for cool stores cause we are the heart of the company. making sure all product get out without delay
Seasonal work provided. Have to work for bad shift timings. Not a very good workplace. During the main season, the shift starts at 7.30 am and finishes at 6 p.m. The management is not good is providing effective management roles to skilled people.
As it was a seasonal job so didnt know much about it yeah but when i was there it was fun loving and a caring environment for everyone who are new and yeah had to deal with pressure of the machines that was rolling with the fruits and yeah KIWI fruits actually.
I enjoyed working at a fast pace. It's only seasonal work but it's very easy. Excellent company and awsome supervisors. Team leaders and co workers all work together to a get the work done in a positive and fast environment
Pros
Good team work
Cons
It was a beautiful stage of work, where we shared many hours of work with colleagues, bosses and coordinators. It was hard work but fun thanks to the good work environment.
My superior and work mates are supportive and helpful whenever I came across some tough task and they are always there to give me advice and guide me through the tough time. I enjoy working with the team even though it's a long hours job :)
Pros
Strong Team Spirit
Cons
Long Hours (7am-7pm)
Colleagues are fun and helpful. However they don't really treat WHV workers well and thus culture of discrimination does exist. However, the HR office staff are very helpful and efficient in their work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EastPack?
absolutely loved it, long hours, hard work friendly and smiling faces jokes and banter flying, quite invigorating to a young soul as i, the smoko breaks.
Pros
body hurting
Cons
leaving
This is a very busy workplace, I need to be quick and active. I've learned that packing kiwi fruit is not that easy. Hardest part for me is when I carry boxes of kiwi fruit the whole day.
My day would start by making sure the line ws set up ready for the stackers and once they arrive to have a morning meeting, once we start the day i would make sure that the team are doing the work correctly and if there was any problems i would help them out. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. i learned how to motivate a team.
Cons
You get paid for what you work for, you work hard and you get paid good money. Long job hours and wasn't getting paid for the back breaking work I was doing
Pros
Peaceful
Cons
Sore back
Enjoyed living close didn't have to travel. I enjoyed meeting new people. There was no hard part to the job it is easy but boring if the machines are slow.
Pros
easy job to do
Cons
The inconsistent hours and not knowing how long the season will last
East Pack was amazing, it was like family when I was working there. Everyone got along with each other and had fun. Lunch was free sometimes. The two managers for the coldstore from dayshift loved me a lot even thou I worked on nightshift. The three managers from nightshift also loved me because I was always willing to help out with doing other tasked and jobs on site.
Pros
free lunch, able to listen to music, amazing team and group
Busy work place Learn time management skills at this job Good communication necessary Can do attitude is necessary Learn so much about other cultures
Loved my 4 yrs working at EastPack. My team made me feel at home, we were like one big family amongst different cultures. best opportunity but, Wouldn't use this opportunity for granted as its seasonal! Will Deffinitely see yous in the future!.😁😁😁
Pros
Beautiful people
Cons
Long hours.
learned good team work skills, met loads of people fro, all over the world, hardest part of the jjob is standing on your feet in the same spot for hours on end.
Pros
meeting people from all over the world
Cons
i enjoyed while working for company they have good management and they treat all there employees equally. the best part of job is so many people from different nationalities work their as a team. which is great we get to know each other and make new friends while working
Pros
job is good for student and those who want to earn extra income
Cons
it is seasonal work company so when season finish there is no job
I really enjoyed working at Seeka and Eastpack packhouse. The environment is safe and happy, which I liked. I was very busy and productive which was great.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Staying in one place for a long time
Being a team leader has given me the opportunity to learn more skills and learn skills from my team members. I have given my all in my job and I loved it every day and was always willing to go to work to do my job.
Pros
awesome team, long hours
Cons
team getting sick, less workers