EastPack Employee Reviews in Te Puke, Bay of Plenty

Not a very good workplace
Trainee Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty22 October 2019
Seasonal work provided. Have to work for bad shift timings. Not a very good workplace. During the main season, the shift starts at 7.30 am and finishes at 6 p.m. The management is not good is providing effective management roles to skilled people.
Productive and fun place
Packing (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty3 June 2019
I enjoyed working at a fast pace. It's only seasonal work but it's very easy. Excellent company and awsome supervisors. Team leaders and co workers all work together to a get the work done in a positive and fast environment
Pros
Good team work
Productive work
Packing (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty17 July 2018
It was a beautiful stage of work, where we shared many hours of work with colleagues, bosses and coordinators. It was hard work but fun thanks to the good work environment.
Friendly Environment and Helpful Superior
Shipping Desk Allocations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty3 June 2018
My superior and work mates are supportive and helpful whenever I came across some tough task and they are always there to give me advice and guide me through the tough time. I enjoy working with the team even though it's a long hours job :)
Pros
Strong Team Spirit
Cons
Long Hours (7am-7pm)
Productive Place
Grader (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty25 May 2018
Colleagues are fun and helpful. However they don't really treat WHV workers well and thus culture of discrimination does exist. However, the HR office staff are very helpful and efficient in their work.
a dream
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty4 March 2018
absolutely loved it, long hours, hard work friendly and smiling faces jokes and banter flying, quite invigorating to a young soul as i, the smoko breaks.
Pros
body hurting
Cons
leaving
very active workplace
production staff (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty15 October 2017
This is a very busy workplace, I need to be quick and active. I've learned that packing kiwi fruit is not that easy. Hardest part for me is when I carry boxes of kiwi fruit the whole day.
review
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty20 September 2017
My day would start by making sure the line ws set up ready for the stackers and once they arrive to have a morning meeting, once we start the day i would make sure that the team are doing the work correctly and if there was any problems i would help them out. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. i learned how to motivate a team.
Wasnt that good
Prooning (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty20 September 2017
You get paid for what you work for, you work hard and you get paid good money. Long job hours and wasn't getting paid for the back breaking work I was doing
Pros
Peaceful
Cons
Sore back
good place to work
strapping machine operator (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty9 September 2017
Enjoyed living close didn't have to travel. I enjoyed meeting new people. There was no hard part to the job it is easy but boring if the machines are slow.
Pros
easy job to do
Cons
The inconsistent hours and not knowing how long the season will last
forklift operator
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty11 June 2017
East Pack was amazing, it was like family when I was working there.
Everyone got along with each other and had fun.
Lunch was free sometimes.
The two managers for the coldstore from dayshift loved me a lot even thou I worked on nightshift.
The three managers from nightshift also loved me because I was always willing to help out with doing other tasked and jobs on site.
Pros
free lunch, able to listen to music, amazing team and group
Energetic and busy work place
Quality Controller (Current Employee) –  Quarry rd te puke6 April 2017
Busy work place
Learn time management skills at this job
Good communication necessary
Can do attitude is necessary
Learn so much about other cultures
Fun Experience.
Packhouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty10 February 2017
Loved my 4 yrs working at EastPack. My team made me feel at home, we were like one big family amongst different cultures.

best opportunity but, Wouldn't use this opportunity for granted as its seasonal! Will Deffinitely see yous in the future!.😁😁😁
Pros
Beautiful people
Cons
Long hours.
Busy workplace
Kiwifruit Packer/EDI Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bay of Plenty Te Puke7 December 2016
learned good team work skills, met loads of people fro, all over the world, hardest part of the jjob is standing on your feet in the same spot for hours on end.
Pros
meeting people from all over the world
Cons
great place to work with people from different nationalites.
cool store Team member (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty2 December 2016
i enjoyed while working for company they have good management and they treat all there employees equally. the best part of job is so many people from different nationalities work their as a team. which is great we get to know each other and make new friends while working
Pros
job is good for student and those who want to earn extra income
Cons
it is seasonal work company so when season finish there is no job
Packhouse (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty31 October 2016
I really enjoyed working at Seeka and Eastpack packhouse. The environment is safe and happy, which I liked. I was very busy and productive which was great.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Staying in one place for a long time
Worklife everyday
Packhouse worker (Current Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty23 October 2016
Being a team leader has given me the opportunity to learn more skills and learn skills from my team members. I have given my all in my job and I loved it every day and was always willing to go to work to do my job.
Pros
awesome team, long hours
Cons
team getting sick, less workers
hard fast paste work but very enjoyable
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty16 October 2016
Awesome place to work cause I loved the hard and fast work required. Packing kiwifruit is very fast and accuracy is a top skill at this job also team work
Pros
team activities
Productive work place
Kiwi fruit worker (Former Employee) –  Washer rd, Te puke, Tauranga23 August 2016
It is a well managed large company with staff that were easy to work with. I didn't have any problems with this company and enjoyed my time there.
Intense and Cultural
Packer (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty8 August 2016
What you would expect on a typical day at work in the pack house would be a lot of standing 2 and a half hours on, 30 minutes off and repeat this from as early as 8 am till 7 pm. I learned patience and time management because everything works smoothly if you keep a steady pace in this line of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity of cultures you meet everyday.
Cons
Long Hours