EastPack Employee Reviews for Packer

Productive and fun place
Packing (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty3 June 2019
I enjoyed working at a fast pace. It's only seasonal work but it's very easy. Excellent company and awsome supervisors. Team leaders and co workers all work together to a get the work done in a positive and fast environment
Pros
Good team work
Productive work
Packing (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty17 July 2018
It was a beautiful stage of work, where we shared many hours of work with colleagues, bosses and coordinators. It was hard work but fun thanks to the good work environment.
Productive , funwork place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty17 April 2018
Enjoyed meeting other people , communication is a big and reliability so they know you are going to be at work
I am a very honest person and I like to be able to be given a chance
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short hours
Fun Work Place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Glenbervie, whangarei28 February 2018
I enjoyed my time at east pack even though the job description was packing fruit into boxes and was part time, it brought me out of my comfort zone to communicate and socialise with others, I was a person who was shy, and they helped me with communication skills.
Pros
Team members
Productive and fun workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Katikati, Bay of Plenty4 September 2017
the management was really good, i enjoyed a lot going to work and see my coworkers.
The job itself is not really interesting because you do the same thing during 10 hours but it depends on whom you working with and the speed etc.
The hardest part of the job is the repetition and the position of your body. You can easilly be hurt.
Pros
free snack once a week, good management, games during breaks
team work
packing kiwifruit (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty14 May 2017
cool happy people from all over the world working here every season.
learnt heaps from the qcs and supervisors great team working environment to be around
Pros
end of season shared lunches
productive
Packer, Trey Preparation (Former Employee) –  Opotiki21 March 2017
Really amazingjob i loved it cause we always busy and it was always full on work , i would love to do all again !!!! very prodcutive and long hours , 12 hour shifts even
Pros
experince
Packer (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, New Zealand19 February 2017
So it is who you know not what you know, if they don't like you they wont help you. I already knew the job as i worked for a different company doing the same thing.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Supervisers
Fun Experience.
Packhouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty10 February 2017
Loved my 4 yrs working at EastPack. My team made me feel at home, we were like one big family amongst different cultures.

best opportunity but, Wouldn't use this opportunity for granted as its seasonal! Will Deffinitely see yous in the future!.😁😁😁
Pros
Beautiful people
Cons
Long hours.
Fast paced environment, really productive
Packhouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty4 January 2017
It was always such a long day at work but time just flew, learned alot working in a pack house about kiwifruits. Management was on point all the time. Always interacted well with my co-workers, still friends with them till this day. the hardest part of this job was keeping up with the machine, loved the challenge though but so hard. The most enjoyable parts of the job would be learning new things in the workplace, and rotating places.
Pros
Good pay
Busy workplace
Kiwifruit Packer/EDI Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bay of Plenty Te Puke7 December 2016
learned good team work skills, met loads of people fro, all over the world, hardest part of the jjob is standing on your feet in the same spot for hours on end.
Pros
meeting people from all over the world
Fun with all friends
Packing (Former Employee) –  Tragunga New Zealand5 November 2016
Work was very good over there . All staff very friendly and nice.i really enjoyed over there. Our supersize was very nice and honest person. Company was really good.
Pros
Nothing free
Packhouse (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty31 October 2016
I really enjoyed working at Seeka and Eastpack packhouse. The environment is safe and happy, which I liked. I was very busy and productive which was great.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Staying in one place for a long time
Worklife everyday
Packhouse worker (Current Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty23 October 2016
Being a team leader has given me the opportunity to learn more skills and learn skills from my team members. I have given my all in my job and I loved it every day and was always willing to go to work to do my job.
Pros
awesome team, long hours
Cons
team getting sick, less workers
Intense and Cultural
Packer (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty8 August 2016
What you would expect on a typical day at work in the pack house would be a lot of standing 2 and a half hours on, 30 minutes off and repeat this from as early as 8 am till 7 pm. I learned patience and time management because everything works smoothly if you keep a steady pace in this line of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity of cultures you meet everyday.
Cons
Long Hours
Fast
Packer (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty5 July 2016
It was ok while it lasted, only goes for 3 months. Lovely people, new faces and a really good environment.
Pros
Getting the job done
Packer (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, N17 November 2015
it was good money while studying in high school.
great team leader and worked along with my best friend i loved going to work on the weekends.
the hardest part was getting up early to get to work.
Very pleasant place to work for
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Katikati, N6 November 2015
I had a awesome time here. It is a factory with excellent management and lovely place to work in. People are very friendly even while working. It offers nice free tea, coffee and milk to everyone. It has reasonable working hours and breaks. People who perform well can also be voted to get the award "Seasonal Excellent Employees" . There is also a talent show held each season, where employees volunteer to show their talent and are then graded by the judges (three respectable employers) as well as the audience (all the employees). We enjoyed that a lot.
Fun enviroment
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand11 October 2015
Very fun environment to work in with supportive team leaders and co-workers. Getting use to the different shapes and sizes of the fruit were the hardest part for me, but it wasn't long until I clicked on. My peers were full of laughter, which made work more exciting to attend.
...
Packer (Former Employee) –  collins lane, te puke16 July 2015
Packer in a packhouse, packing kiwis. The shift begin early at 7:00 A.M and end at 16.30 P.M. Is a fun place to work, because there is a lot of pleople
Pros
the people
Cons
only two days of work