EastPack
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

EastPack Culture reviews

My most enjoyable time of the job is.to be able to be out and about meeting and greeting all walks of life and to be out and about with the community. with a friendly and giving smile giving a smile can brighten up a persons day its also contageous.
As it was a seasonal job so didnt know much about it yeah but when i was there it was fun loving and a caring environment for everyone who are new and yeah had to deal with pressure of the machines that was rolling with the fruits and yeah KIWI fruits actually.
It was a beautiful stage of work, where we shared many hours of work with colleagues, bosses and coordinators. It was hard work but fun thanks to the good work environment.
My superior and work mates are supportive and helpful whenever I came across some tough task and they are always there to give me advice and guide me through the tough time. I enjoy working with the team even though it's a long hours job :)
Pros
Strong Team Spirit
Cons
Long Hours (7am-7pm)
Colleagues are fun and helpful. However they don't really treat WHV workers well and thus culture of discrimination does exist. However, the HR office staff are very helpful and efficient in their work.
This is a very busy workplace, I need to be quick and active. I've learned that packing kiwi fruit is not that easy. Hardest part for me is when I carry boxes of kiwi fruit the whole day.
My day would start by making sure the line ws set up ready for the stackers and once they arrive to have a morning meeting, once we start the day i would make sure that the team are doing the work correctly and if there was any problems i would help them out. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. i learned how to motivate a team.
Cons
Eastpack was a nice experience where you can meet very good work partners but above all good people. optimum performance in teamwork. It was a family atmosphere where the bosses made you feel part of it
Eastpack Packhoue Edgecumbe: Start my shift turning on machinery, prepping area for the shift. Team Leader Meeting. I relay notes taken from meeting to my staff i.e. number of bins for the shift, stats from the shift the night before. I learned a wide range of things to do with the kiwi fruit industry being my first time working with kiwifruit. Everything from prunning to packing, The hardest part of the job wasnt the workers was actually Management already set in their ways. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with a wide range of people and cultures and establishing friendships, as well as learning.
Pros
Learning New Things, Meeting and making long lasting friendships
Cons
Management dont listen to the needs of their workers
We start pretty early loading trucks and containers. As a worker, I sometimes see things that can be done to make the job more efficient and free flowing but it is what it is. The workplace . culture is good and full of vibrant nationalities. Manangement are all down to earth people. I think the hardest part of the job is avoiding accidents with pedestrians who tend to not follow the designated walkways. I like how we can get to celebrate something together as a department once in a while.
Pros
free feeds and tea and coffee
Cons
Early Starts
Working with the team leader as well as team members...learn the ways with kiwifruit and other things..meeting Vanuatu is awesome learn a lot of different languages and different people
Pros
meeting Vanuatu
Cons
cool happy people from all over the world working here every season. learnt heaps from the qcs and supervisors great team working environment to be around
Pros
end of season shared lunches
Cons
Busy work place Learn time management skills at this job Good communication necessary Can do attitude is necessary Learn so much about other cultures
Good staff. Fun environment. Hard workers all round. Respectful team members. Good pay. Spacious environment. Good friendships. Easy work. Good job with good money I say.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Loved my 4 yrs working at EastPack. My team made me feel at home, we were like one big family amongst different cultures. best opportunity but, Wouldn't use this opportunity for granted as its seasonal! Will Deffinitely see yous in the future!.😁😁😁
Pros
Beautiful people
Cons
Long hours.
Great support! Awsome management, fun and productive, co operative, pays good money eg. 20 hourly, part time, love the atmosphere and fellow employers and always 100% work there.
Pros
Money
Cons
Part time
Being a team leader has given me the opportunity to learn more skills and learn skills from my team members. I have given my all in my job and I loved it every day and was always willing to go to work to do my job.
Pros
awesome team, long hours
Cons
team getting sick, less workers
Awesome place to work cause I loved the hard and fast work required. Packing kiwifruit is very fast and accuracy is a top skill at this job also team work
Pros
team activities
Cons
What you would expect on a typical day at work in the pack house would be a lot of standing 2 and a half hours on, 30 minutes off and repeat this from as early as 8 am till 7 pm. I learned patience and time management because everything works smoothly if you keep a steady pace in this line of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity of cultures you meet everyday.
Cons
Long Hours
it is big company care about its workers. provide good health and safety . good working environment. you can go higher position with your hard work. co workers are always helpful. team leaders provides you essential knowledge to improve your work. i learn how to make new friends and respect to other people and culture. working at multicultural environment made me more confident and energetic.
Pros
sometime free dinners
Cons
noo
Eastpack is an exciting place to work where there are always chances to upskill yourself. It varies in work so you have to be able to multitask and fit into any slot that they ask of you. The people are great to work for and work with. The hardest part of the job is trying to find a balance between making management happy whilst doing your job to the best of your knowledge.