EastPack Management reviews

Not a very good workplace
Trainee Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty22 October 2019
Seasonal work provided. Have to work for bad shift timings. Not a very good workplace. During the main season, the shift starts at 7.30 am and finishes at 6 p.m. The management is not good is providing effective management roles to skilled people.
Working Hard doesnt payoff at Eastpack Edgecumbe, you cant excell unless you know management
NSS-TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty13 September 2017
Eastpack Packhoue Edgecumbe: Start my shift turning on machinery, prepping area for the shift. Team Leader Meeting. I relay notes taken from meeting to my staff i.e. number of bins for the shift, stats from the shift the night before. I learned a wide range of things to do with the kiwi fruit industry being my first time working with kiwifruit. Everything from prunning to packing, The hardest part of the job wasnt the workers was actually Management already set in their ways. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with a wide range of people and cultures and establishing friendships, as well as learning.
Pros
Learning New Things, Meeting and making long lasting friendships
Cons
Management dont listen to the needs of their workers
Productive and fun workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Katikati, Bay of Plenty4 September 2017
the management was really good, i enjoyed a lot going to work and see my coworkers.
The job itself is not really interesting because you do the same thing during 10 hours but it depends on whom you working with and the speed etc.
The hardest part of the job is the repetition and the position of your body. You can easilly be hurt.
Pros
free snack once a week, good management, games during breaks
Energetic and busy work place
Quality Controller (Current Employee) –  Quarry rd te puke6 April 2017
Busy work place
Learn time management skills at this job
Good communication necessary
Can do attitude is necessary
Learn so much about other cultures
Productive and fun
Crew supervisor, plant care and maintenance (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty26 January 2017
Great support! Awsome management, fun and productive, co operative, pays good money eg. 20 hourly, part time, love the atmosphere and fellow employers and always 100% work there.
Pros
Money
Cons
Part time
Fast paced environment, really productive
Packhouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty4 January 2017
It was always such a long day at work but time just flew, learned alot working in a pack house about kiwifruits. Management was on point all the time. Always interacted well with my co-workers, still friends with them till this day. the hardest part of this job was keeping up with the machine, loved the challenge though but so hard. The most enjoyable parts of the job would be learning new things in the workplace, and rotating places.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
great place to work with people from different nationalites.
cool store Team member (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty2 December 2016
i enjoyed while working for company they have good management and they treat all there employees equally. the best part of job is so many people from different nationalities work their as a team. which is great we get to know each other and make new friends while working
Pros
job is good for student and those who want to earn extra income
Cons
it is seasonal work company so when season finish there is no job
Intense and Cultural
Packer (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty8 August 2016
What you would expect on a typical day at work in the pack house would be a lot of standing 2 and a half hours on, 30 minutes off and repeat this from as early as 8 am till 7 pm. I learned patience and time management because everything works smoothly if you keep a steady pace in this line of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity of cultures you meet everyday.
Cons
Long Hours
Busy, exciting, Learning
Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty8 March 2016
Eastpack is an exciting place to work where there are always chances to upskill yourself. It varies in work so you have to be able to multitask and fit into any slot that they ask of you. The people are great to work for and work with. The hardest part of the job is trying to find a balance between making management happy whilst doing your job to the best of your knowledge.
Very pleasant place to work for
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Katikati, N6 November 2015
I had a awesome time here. It is a factory with excellent management and lovely place to work in. People are very friendly even while working. It offers nice free tea, coffee and milk to everyone. It has reasonable working hours and breaks. People who perform well can also be voted to get the award "Seasonal Excellent Employees" . There is also a talent show held each season, where employees volunteer to show their talent and are then graded by the judges (three respectable employers) as well as the audience (all the employees). We enjoyed that a lot.
seasonal work demands
Yearly Seasonal Work - Day Shift (Former Employee) –  whangarei northland20 July 2015
competing with night shift with work loads, covering shifts when short on staffing, ability to do what ever is needed done in the factory operation - grading - packing - tray prep - working as a team with the involvement of management, get together end of season shout by company?
Pros
shared lunches with staff n management
Cons
working extra hours to meet deadlines
A Great Company to work for
Office Receptionist and Administration Support (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, N16 November 2014
My time at East pack

East pack is the largest Kiwifruit Company in New Zealand, I worked at the head office, my typical day was very full as I work very efficiently when busy it suited me well.
I learnt a great deal working for this company, the management and co workers were a great tight team we had weekly meeting to discuss ways to improve office efficiency and always working towards a good atmosphere which makes good productivity, I did not find any part of the job hard I just did the job at hand to the best of my ability, as the company was grower owned the most enjoyable part of the job was to get to know all the growers personally, the better production the company made the more the growers and the staff received as bonus so it was a win win situation for all.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and fun work place
Packing kiwi Fruit (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, New Zealand5 November 2014
Late night so start at 5 clock in then help out were needed till i have to start stacking.Goo management awesome co-workers.
Pros
Free ride to work and sometmes free lunch
Cons
Silly hours and that its only seasonal
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Glenbervie Whangarei7 October 2013
afternoon start management was all good and co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest past of the job was that it was only seasonal the best part of the job was stacking.
Pros
free coffies
Cons
The Breaks wearnt long enough
fun workplace
Packer / grader (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, N6 August 2013
The managements of all departments in the workplace were friendly not just to the workers but to the fruit owners, they would make anyone feel comfortable in the work place to up skill you from scratch. I think the main down fall is having to be standing on your feet all day and going home with a aching body but than at the end of the week I guess the money is all worth it.