EastPack
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

EastPack Management reviews

New Zealand75 reviews
the management was really good, i enjoyed a lot going to work and see my coworkers.
The job itself is not really interesting because you do the same thing during 10 hours but it depends on whom you working with and the speed etc.

The hardest part of the job is the repetition and the position of your body. You can easilly be hurt.
Pros
free snack once a week, good management, games during breaks
Seasonal work provided. Have to work for bad shift timings. Not a very good workplace. During the main season, the shift starts at 7.30 am and finishes at 6 p.m. The management is not good is providing effective management roles to skilled people.
Colleagues are fun and helpful. However they don't really treat WHV workers well and thus culture of discrimination does exist. However, the HR office staff are very helpful and efficient in their work.
Eastpack Packhoue Edgecumbe: Start my shift turning on machinery, prepping area for the shift. Team Leader Meeting. I relay notes taken from meeting to my staff i.e. number of bins for the shift, stats from the shift the night before. I learned a wide range of things to do with the kiwi fruit industry being my first time working with kiwifruit. Everything from prunning to packing, The hardest part of the job wasnt the workers was actually Management already set in their ways. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with a wide range of people and cultures and establishing friendships, as well as learning.
Pros
Learning New Things, Meeting and making long lasting friendships
Cons
Management dont listen to the needs of their workers
Busy work place
Learn time management skills at this job
Good communication necessary
Can do attitude is necessary

Learn so much about other cultures
Great support! Awsome management, fun and productive, co operative, pays good money eg. 20 hourly, part time, love the atmosphere and fellow employers and always 100% work there.
Pros
Money
Cons
Part time
It was always such a long day at work but time just flew, learned alot working in a pack house about kiwifruits. Management was on point all the time. Always interacted well with my co-workers, still friends with them till this day. the hardest part of this job was keeping up with the machine, loved the challenge though but so hard. The most enjoyable parts of the job would be learning new things in the workplace, and rotating places.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
i enjoyed while working for company they have good management and they treat all there employees equally. the best part of job is so many people from different nationalities work their as a team. which is great we get to know each other and make new friends while working
Pros
job is good for student and those who want to earn extra income
Cons
it is seasonal work company so when season finish there is no job
What you would expect on a typical day at work in the pack house would be a lot of standing 2 and a half hours on, 30 minutes off and repeat this from as early as 8 am till 7 pm. I learned patience and time management because everything works smoothly if you keep a steady pace in this line of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity of cultures you meet everyday.
Cons
Long Hours
Eastpack is an exciting place to work where there are always chances to upskill yourself. It varies in work so you have to be able to multitask and fit into any slot that they ask of you. The people are great to work for and work with. The hardest part of the job is trying to find a balance between making management happy whilst doing your job to the best of your knowledge.
I had a awesome time here. It is a factory with excellent management and lovely place to work in. People are very friendly even while working. It offers nice free tea, coffee and milk to everyone. It has reasonable working hours and breaks. People who perform well can also be voted to get the award "Seasonal Excellent Employees" . There is also a talent show held each season, where employees volunteer to show their talent and are then graded by the judges (three respectable employers) as well as the audience (all the employees). We enjoyed that a lot.
competing with night shift with work loads, covering shifts when short on staffing, ability to do what ever is needed done in the factory operation - grading - packing - tray prep - working as a team with the involvement of management, get together end of season shout by company?
Pros
shared lunches with staff n management
Cons
working extra hours to meet deadlines
My time at East pack

East pack is the largest Kiwifruit Company in New Zealand, I worked at the head office, my typical day was very full as I work very efficiently when busy it suited me well.

I learnt a great deal working for this company, the management and co workers were a great tight team we had weekly meeting to discuss ways to improve office efficiency and always working towards a good atmosphere which makes good productivity, I did not find any part of the job hard I just did the job at hand to the best of my ability, as the company was grower owned the most enjoyable part of the job was to get to know all the growers personally, the better production the company made the more the growers and the staff received as bonus so it was a win win situation for all.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Long Hours
Late night so start at 5 clock in then help out were needed till i have to start stacking.Goo management awesome co-workers.
Pros
Free ride to work and sometmes free lunch
Cons
Silly hours and that its only seasonal
afternoon start management was all good and co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest past of the job was that it was only seasonal the best part of the job was stacking.
Pros
free coffies
Cons
The Breaks wearnt long enough
The managements of all departments in the workplace were friendly not just to the workers but to the fruit owners, they would make anyone feel comfortable in the work place to up skill you from scratch. I think the main down fall is having to be standing on your feet all day and going home with a aching body but than at the end of the week I guess the money is all worth it.