EastPack Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Kiwi fruit worker (Former Employee) –  Washer rd, Te puke, Tauranga23 August 2016
It is a well managed large company with staff that were easy to work with. I didn't have any problems with this company and enjoyed my time there.
Intense and Cultural
Packer (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty8 August 2016
What you would expect on a typical day at work in the pack house would be a lot of standing 2 and a half hours on, 30 minutes off and repeat this from as early as 8 am till 7 pm. I learned patience and time management because everything works smoothly if you keep a steady pace in this line of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity of cultures you meet everyday.
Cons
Long Hours
Fast
Packer (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty5 July 2016
It was ok while it lasted, only goes for 3 months. Lovely people, new faces and a really good environment.
Pros
Getting the job done
fun workplace
Grader (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, Bay of Plenty25 June 2016
it is big company care about its workers. provide good health and safety . good working environment. you can go higher position with your hard work. co workers are always helpful. team leaders provides you essential knowledge to improve your work. i learn how to make new friends and respect to other people and culture. working at multicultural environment made me more confident and energetic.
Pros
sometime free dinners
Cons
noo
Tray Preparation
Team Worker (Current Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty29 May 2016
I am currently working for EastPack Limited which is seasonal and have learnt how to work under intense pressure and how to work in a timely manner in which I can manage to prepare the trays for packing Kiwifruit. I have thoroughly enjoyed working for EastPack and meeting and interacting with different people everyday although do find that working long hours and working 7 days a week can become quite tiresome.
Pros
Free Coffees
Cons
Long Hours, 7 days a week
Busy, exciting, Learning
Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty8 March 2016
Eastpack is an exciting place to work where there are always chances to upskill yourself. It varies in work so you have to be able to multitask and fit into any slot that they ask of you. The people are great to work for and work with. The hardest part of the job is trying to find a balance between making management happy whilst doing your job to the best of your knowledge.
was a fun and happy work place. kind people and there all was happy.
line sampler (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty14 December 2015
working with that company was the best time of my life. I have never had that much fun in a long time. good to meet different people from around the world. it was only a part time job but it done me good.
Pros
all was had free launch
Cons
long hours from 7pm two 6.30am
Challenging and fun working place
Duties (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, N9 December 2015
I enjoyed working at this company. It breaks the barrier of anti- socialize and promote positive attitude of communication towards people of different backgrounds.

The most challenging part of it is learning to work under pressure with the accuracy in counting numbers of fruit in such a speeding time that we are required to achieve for certain amount of time. Also learning to commit myself to the job as well as approaching people in conversation in a good manner.

I believed I have grown and develop to be able to tackle working under pressure and learning how to develop an ongoing friendship with all my colleagues as well as bosses.
Pros
Meeting different races of all countries and promote social attitude
Packer (Former Employee) –  Te Puke, N17 November 2015
it was good money while studying in high school.
great team leader and worked along with my best friend i loved going to work on the weekends.
the hardest part was getting up early to get to work.
Very pleasant place to work for
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Katikati, N6 November 2015
I had a awesome time here. It is a factory with excellent management and lovely place to work in. People are very friendly even while working. It offers nice free tea, coffee and milk to everyone. It has reasonable working hours and breaks. People who perform well can also be voted to get the award "Seasonal Excellent Employees" . There is also a talent show held each season, where employees volunteer to show their talent and are then graded by the judges (three respectable employers) as well as the audience (all the employees). We enjoyed that a lot.
Fun enviroment
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand11 October 2015
Very fun environment to work in with supportive team leaders and co-workers. Getting use to the different shapes and sizes of the fruit were the hardest part for me, but it wasn't long until I clicked on. My peers were full of laughter, which made work more exciting to attend.
Typical enviroment
Process Worker (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Te Puke4 October 2015
Music playing over the speakers throughout the factory, tasks and responsibilities limited but do-able. repetitive tasks, different cultures, only long hours on night but that was agreed too not much sleep from sun since working night shift
seasonal work demands
Yearly Seasonal Work - Day Shift (Former Employee) –  whangarei northland20 July 2015
competing with night shift with work loads, covering shifts when short on staffing, ability to do what ever is needed done in the factory operation - grading - packing - tray prep - working as a team with the involvement of management, get together end of season shout by company?
Pros
shared lunches with staff n management
Cons
working extra hours to meet deadlines
...
Packer (Former Employee) –  collins lane, te puke16 July 2015
Packer in a packhouse, packing kiwis. The shift begin early at 7:00 A.M and end at 16.30 P.M. Is a fun place to work, because there is a lot of pleople
Pros
the people
Cons
only two days of work
always fun working with kiwifruit
Packhouse (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, N15 January 2015
every days is Hard Work!! you meet new people fun and helpful to work with, happy vibes always light up the place, you get fit movement every where and smiles every where, everyone's kind and the best first job you would want!!
Good
Cons
9 hours
A Great Company to work for
Office Receptionist and Administration Support (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, N16 November 2014
My time at East pack

East pack is the largest Kiwifruit Company in New Zealand, I worked at the head office, my typical day was very full as I work very efficiently when busy it suited me well.
I learnt a great deal working for this company, the management and co workers were a great tight team we had weekly meeting to discuss ways to improve office efficiency and always working towards a good atmosphere which makes good productivity, I did not find any part of the job hard I just did the job at hand to the best of my ability, as the company was grower owned the most enjoyable part of the job was to get to know all the growers personally, the better production the company made the more the growers and the staff received as bonus so it was a win win situation for all.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and fun work place
Packing kiwi Fruit (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, New Zealand5 November 2014
Late night so start at 5 clock in then help out were needed till i have to start stacking.Goo management awesome co-workers.
Pros
Free ride to work and sometmes free lunch
Cons
Silly hours and that its only seasonal
Productive and fun work place
Grader, Grader Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whangarei New Zealand5 November 2014
set up my area see how many graders i have on if there isnt enough i would have to call in people to fill there shift. Depending on what fruit we are working with on that day i could move people down on to the floor to pack and make boxes. Co workers were easy to get along with listen to me when told what to do. Hardest part of the job fixing the machinery.Working with a good team.
Pros
the co workers and the free lunches and the staff the consent challenge of teaching new workers.
Cons
Downtime when season was ending and dealing with difficult team members.
seasonal work, pleasant , fun and productive
Production line worker ; Fruit grader (Former Employee) –  Edgecumbe, N23 March 2014
I was accepted into working without little question. It was a job I had never done before, working when the fruit was ready, then being available to put the hours in. Was a little hard to adjust to standing, bending over sometimes for 11 hours a day, but the end rewards were there to have companionship, some laughs, a new learning experience and of course the pay .Its team effort, and we always strive to do our best. Then we would have a break for a later season, where we had the opportunity, to work again, re-packing the fruit in the boxes ready for market. I enjoy working in a team environment.
Pros
Free fruit, sometimes a food shout.
Cons
Long hard work, can be noisy in the factory environment, sometimes very cold inside on the hands, sometimes under pressure to be fast and accurate.
great work place
Tray prep supervisor (Former Employee) –  katikati23 March 2014
a typical day at work is great . i meet heaps of people and its real fun to learn new things.
Pros
free lunches, and lollies
Cons
people getting stressed out alot.