EastPack
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

EastPack Employee Reviews

New Zealand73 reviews
We had such good team leaders. And once a week we have free stuff for lunch.
Working there was fun cause everybody was friendly and hard working.

I highly recommend Eastpack.
Being a team leader has given me the opportunity to learn more skills and learn skills from my team members. I have given my all in my job and I loved it every day and was always willing to go to work to do my job.
Pros
awesome team, long hours
Cons
team getting sick, less workers
Awesome place to work cause I loved the hard and fast work required. Packing kiwifruit is very fast and accuracy is a top skill at this job also team work
Pros
team activities
Cons
eastpack was a good company to work with, the HR manager was really nice to all employees and everyone got along as a family. evryone worked together through out the 11 hour shifts.
Pros
alot of people to get along with
Cons
It is a well managed large company with staff that were easy to work with. I didn't have any problems with this company and enjoyed my time there.
What you would expect on a typical day at work in the pack house would be a lot of standing 2 and a half hours on, 30 minutes off and repeat this from as early as 8 am till 7 pm. I learned patience and time management because everything works smoothly if you keep a steady pace in this line of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity of cultures you meet everyday.
Cons
Long Hours
It was ok while it lasted, only goes for 3 months. Lovely people, new faces and a really good environment.
Pros
Getting the job done
Cons
it is big company care about its workers. provide good health and safety . good working environment. you can go higher position with your hard work. co workers are always helpful. team leaders provides you essential knowledge to improve your work. i learn how to make new friends and respect to other people and culture. working at multicultural environment made me more confident and energetic.
Pros
sometime free dinners
Cons
noo
I am currently working for EastPack Limited which is seasonal and have learnt how to work under intense pressure and how to work in a timely manner in which I can manage to prepare the trays for packing Kiwifruit. I have thoroughly enjoyed working for EastPack and meeting and interacting with different people everyday although do find that working long hours and working 7 days a week can become quite tiresome.
Pros
Free Coffees
Cons
Long Hours, 7 days a week
Eastpack is an exciting place to work where there are always chances to upskill yourself. It varies in work so you have to be able to multitask and fit into any slot that they ask of you. The people are great to work for and work with. The hardest part of the job is trying to find a balance between making management happy whilst doing your job to the best of your knowledge.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EastPack?
working with that company was the best time of my life. I have never had that much fun in a long time. good to meet different people from around the world. it was only a part time job but it done me good.
Pros
all was had free launch
Cons
long hours from 7pm two 6.30am
I enjoyed working at this company. It breaks the barrier of anti- socialize and promote positive attitude of communication towards people of different backgrounds.

The most challenging part of it is learning to work under pressure with the accuracy in counting numbers of fruit in such a speeding time that we are required to achieve for certain amount of time. Also learning to commit myself to the job as well as approaching people in conversation in a good manner.

I believed I have grown and develop to be able to tackle working under pressure and learning how to develop an ongoing friendship with all my colleagues as well as bosses.
Pros
Meeting different races of all countries and promote social attitude
Cons
it was good money while studying in high school.
great team leader and worked along with my best friend i loved going to work on the weekends.

the hardest part was getting up early to get to work.
I had a awesome time here. It is a factory with excellent management and lovely place to work in. People are very friendly even while working. It offers nice free tea, coffee and milk to everyone. It has reasonable working hours and breaks. People who perform well can also be voted to get the award "Seasonal Excellent Employees" . There is also a talent show held each season, where employees volunteer to show their talent and are then graded by the judges (three respectable employers) as well as the audience (all the employees). We enjoyed that a lot.
Very fun environment to work in with supportive team leaders and co-workers. Getting use to the different shapes and sizes of the fruit were the hardest part for me, but it wasn't long until I clicked on. My peers were full of laughter, which made work more exciting to attend.
Music playing over the speakers throughout the factory, tasks and responsibilities limited but do-able. repetitive tasks, different cultures, only long hours on night but that was agreed too not much sleep from sun since working night shift
competing with night shift with work loads, covering shifts when short on staffing, ability to do what ever is needed done in the factory operation - grading - packing - tray prep - working as a team with the involvement of management, get together end of season shout by company?
Pros
shared lunches with staff n management
Cons
working extra hours to meet deadlines
Packer in a packhouse, packing kiwis. The shift begin early at 7:00 A.M and end at 16.30 P.M. Is a fun place to work, because there is a lot of pleople
Pros
the people
Cons
only two days of work
every days is Hard Work!! you meet new people fun and helpful to work with, happy vibes always light up the place, you get fit movement every where and smiles every where, everyone's kind and the best first job you would want!!
Good
Cons
9 hours
My time at East pack

East pack is the largest Kiwifruit Company in New Zealand, I worked at the head office, my typical day was very full as I work very efficiently when busy it suited me well.

I learnt a great deal working for this company, the management and co workers were a great tight team we had weekly meeting to discuss ways to improve office efficiency and always working towards a good atmosphere which makes good productivity, I did not find any part of the job hard I just did the job at hand to the best of my ability, as the company was grower owned the most enjoyable part of the job was to get to know all the growers personally, the better production the company made the more the growers and the staff received as bonus so it was a win win situation for all.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Long Hours
Late night so start at 5 clock in then help out were needed till i have to start stacking.Goo management awesome co-workers.
Pros
Free ride to work and sometmes free lunch
Cons
Silly hours and that its only seasonal