EastPack
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

EastPack Employee Reviews

New Zealand73 reviews
We had such good team leaders. And once a week we have free stuff for lunch.
Working there was fun cause everybody was friendly and hard working.

I highly recommend Eastpack.
set up my area see how many graders i have on if there isnt enough i would have to call in people to fill there shift. Depending on what fruit we are working with on that day i could move people down on to the floor to pack and make boxes. Co workers were easy to get along with listen to me when told what to do. Hardest part of the job fixing the machinery.Working with a good team.
Pros
the co workers and the free lunches and the staff the consent challenge of teaching new workers.
Cons
Downtime when season was ending and dealing with difficult team members.
I was accepted into working without little question. It was a job I had never done before, working when the fruit was ready, then being available to put the hours in. Was a little hard to adjust to standing, bending over sometimes for 11 hours a day, but the end rewards were there to have companionship, some laughs, a new learning experience and of course the pay .Its team effort, and we always strive to do our best. Then we would have a break for a later season, where we had the opportunity, to work again, re-packing the fruit in the boxes ready for market. I enjoy working in a team environment.
Pros
Free fruit, sometimes a food shout.
Cons
Long hard work, can be noisy in the factory environment, sometimes very cold inside on the hands, sometimes under pressure to be fast and accurate.
a typical day at work is great . i meet heaps of people and its real fun to learn new things.
Pros
free lunches, and lollies
Cons
people getting stressed out alot.
8pm start and 7am finish 6 nights on and 1 night off. I had learnt a lot of skills Grading = Identifying 3 different grading standards of Kiwifruit Export - Class 1
Import - Class2

Rubbish - Class3

There are many areas in the Quality control and we all train up in each department you have to work in a team because we need to be able to communicate and let each other and our team leader know if there needs to be any concerns.

The hardest part of my job was near the last nights and hours of the weekending as it was long hours and long nights

but the most enjoyable parts was the experience I gained in my work place and meeting a lot of nice people...
Pros
work shouts ...end of season breaks
Cons
long jours
start at 7pm finished at 7 am, make sure boxes are made, lines are clear,
Pros
good money, friendly company
Cons
long hours, only seasonal job
I had to learn to work with people from different cultures and countries, i learnt how to carefully handle fruit so as not to damage it. The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet for 8-10hours a day, but the most enjoyable part was meeting the different and new people.
afternoon start management was all good and co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest past of the job was that it was only seasonal the best part of the job was stacking.
Pros
free coffies
Cons
The Breaks wearnt long enough
12 hour shifts stacking boxes of kiwifruit. learnt how to stack them an d there was on hard job. All co worker where good people. i really enjoyed it meet a lot of people from different country's
Pros
Made my own lunch
Cons
12 hour shifts
Make my boss happy, going home after work and getting payed. Not much to say. But love working.
learnt how to box fruit and grade kiwifruit made friends earned good money and gained factory skills.
The managements of all departments in the workplace were friendly not just to the workers but to the fruit owners, they would make anyone feel comfortable in the work place to up skill you from scratch. I think the main down fall is having to be standing on your feet all day and going home with a aching body but than at the end of the week I guess the money is all worth it.
i like to work with them but that was only seasonal work,so i have no more work.
Pros
yeah sometimes.
Cons
as on required.