EF Education First
View all EF Education First reviews

EF Education First

EF Education First Employee Review

Flexible working hours, but basic pay

I am a postgraduate student and prior to that I was travelling, so this job has great flexibility for me to fit around my studies and active lifestyle.Your students rate your classes out of 5 and you receive a bonus each month if you achieve a certain average. This however, is still a living wage level amount.HR is supportive, polite and accommodating.Some great tips that come out of newsletters emailed to you, conferences are offered for connection building, CPD and a sense of community and you have a chance to build a rapport with students and get regulars.Advancement is not easily achievable, I have received only a £0.50 per hour pay raise since working for this company in the last 2 years. When I joined there was promise of advancing to +£2 per hour after 2 years as a 'senior tutor', but we have since been informed of a wage freeze so I have no current prospect of advancement.

Pros

Flexible schedule, good workplace culture, teaching resources provided.

Cons

Low pay rates.

A fab place to work

Great staff and management. Busy atmosphere with a lot of supportive teachers. Solid curriculum. Loved working there and the students are really diverse too !

Voyage linguistique

École très accueillante avec des personnes très souriantes Cours très diversifiés et intéressant

Fun work environment

The teachers were all really helpful and everyone got along well with each other. It was one of those workplaces where it was just great to work. The management was good and the school had good benefits for the staff. Also, there were regular PDs for teachers to help us improve our skills so that we could provide better classes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EF Education First. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

EF Education First Reviews by Location

• EF Education First
  • Flexible working hours, but basic pay