Electoral Commission
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Electoral Commission Employee Reviews

New Zealand8 reviews
Everyone worked together to set everything up perfectly for the up coming election. All roles were very well documented and there was always someone knowledgeable to ask if you needed assistance.
I truly am enjoying every single minute of my time at the EC. If you work hard and you work well, you will be presented with many opportunities for different roles. I have an excellent Returning Officer as well as other managers. I will be very sad when the elections period is over and I will have to say goodbye to some of the best people I have ever worked with.
Working for the Electoral Commission is quite exciting if you enjoy data collection, working with statistics, hosting voters and meeting people. Work colleagues are professionals and experienced making it easier to learn on them if need support. Management support is sound & thorough and provides regular contact & ongoing updates.
I have only done it once but the working for the electoral commision is something I'd do again. It was well run and organised with snacks and nice people. It was stressful and fast-paced but it was nice to be involved in the voting process.
Pros
Nice to be involved
Cons
Fast paced, no room for error
Loved the interaction and relationships formed whilst working for this company over the many years.
Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the public
Pros
Meeting up with "family" of workers each elections
Cons
disorganized trainers/training venues, times!!
This was a temp job to assist with advanced voting, voting day and vote counting.
Well organised and good training.

Loved the interaction with the voters and assistance in their experience to vote-- especially first time voters.

Election day was hectic with many people leaving it to the last but management organised replacements and roving managers to deal with pressure points.

Counting and recounting votes was interesting and accuracy was important or you re-count several times.
Pros
Gave temporary income
Cons
Happens only every 3 years and all the setup has to be repeated
good money and easy jobs are given
would recommend to other friends or families

just have to wake up early to get to work

but overall, this workplace is good
I would take every opportunity to work with the people of our goverment. Very inspiring place to be involved in and great to work with the people of our community.

This has given me the ability to show others in our country how we all can be apart of our world to help and care for what we beleave in.
Pros
Great knowlage
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Electoral Commission?