Electrix
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Electrix Employee Reviews

New Zealand20 reviews
Had an excellent experience working for this company, very helpful ad kind people, good team and very supportive boss. Good place to socilize and make friends.
HR and team leader
poor people management and no support.
back stabbing

follow there way and cant raise arguments

too much work pressure

role has been advertised 2 times last 6 months
Productive and fun workplace
I enjoy my work at Electrix, the management encourages learning and improvement of self. The safety culture promorted by the company is of very high standards.
Low wages, great team.
Low wages, immigrant visa staff. Insane workloads, no work /life balance, inconsiderate time-frames, very low wages, low staff moral, the work team are a fantastic bunch of lads, but the politics, backstabbing, no overtime penalty rates or shift work allowances made it a very unpleasant working environment.

Oh, and required site safety courses to be completed outside of work hours with no pay.
Great family environment
Management is always approachable great team culture and working with the guys in the field. Work is always exciting and challenging at the same time.
Pros
Flexible working environment
Cons
Pressure
Learning experience
On different sites, leading a team of 4. Assessing trees and carrying out work.
Management at times were unsupportive and communication wasn't great, but as a team we managed ourselves well and continued to work as best as they can.
Large company with no loyalty / Bullying Culture
Management have alot of politics & back stabbing. Different rules apply to different people. Bullying from managers gets swept under the carpet. Electrix has a culture that rewards bad behavior & dishonest people.
Pros
Central work location, easy to get to
Cons
Being made redundant
productive
always learning, in this role i was working in the new courthouse in Christchurch installing modular wiring, a new type of wiring brought to New Zealand from the UK.
Pros
good pay, long breaks
Electrix Ltd
Electrix has a culture you must be able to fit into. People are friendly. Electrix is a good place to work if you fit into the culture. It is an electrical company that is contractor to Vector and Transpower.
I am hard working and willing to learn
Working at Aotea is great.
I work for are a construction projects based division.

Good company.

The reason for me leaving is for residency.

I will be doing my stage 3 practical and regs exam as soon as I'm settled.
Very less stressful and very less hard job.
1. The management was totally organized and they help whenever a person struck.
2. In terms of salary they pay good in comparisons to the work and also the overtimes were paid including with holidays in compensations.

3. The bosses were qualified and well organized. Therefore, the job is too much easy and less hard.

4. The work culture was not hectic but full of new experiences.

5. All of the colleagues were good and of very helping nature.

6. There are proper health and safety plans or practices are been done in the company.
Pros
flexible breaks, overtime, flexible hours and good salary.
Cons
Sometimes less overtimes.
Cool
Great company to work for good workers etc.management is also great.Management is great also which they support there employees and look after them with care.
Large company with a lot of politics
Larger utility company with a few seperate departments. There seems to always be a lot of drama going on and a lot of back stabbing. Management are so far up the food chain they are almost god like, they are just so out of touch with what is going on. The groundstaff are all good but this is always an element of cheating going on, timesheets etc.
Pros
Job security if on the tools
Cons
Politics in the workplace, and backstabbing
A great place to learn and to improve your self in a well established company
Well established company with proper structures, processes and procedures in place. Strong contender in the Electrical and Gas construction world in New Zealand and Australasia. Best practices with health and safety as a focus to complete projects and send everyone home everyday with out harm.
My days start at 05:30, catching up with night shift supervisor and team leaders. Reports on what was done and how and what is still out standing to be done. Isolation's been done for 3rd party contractors working in the rail corridor. Then is to make sure we do emergency cover during train services till 23:45 every day.

Managing and planning maintenance, quoting for up coming projects and over seeing the projects.

We do have an amazing team of guys who can and will always be ready to help with a smile.

The best part of my job is to train new guys and working as a team and there is always something new to learn.
Pros
Central work location, easy to get to
Cons
Long Hours and always on Standby 24/7
Great culture under the resources
Well balanced working relation between all company workers
Good time in working
Day work,get different type of experience in electrical insdustry
Level of communication is good

I like to work with different race of workers

The most enjoyable time for me at work when the work challange me
Pros
X MAS ham
Cons
long hours but flat rate
Productive and Fun
Electrix is a contracting business for the focus is to deliver projects to our clients, a typical day consist of planning, resolving issues, site visits, resolving resource issues relating to projects. The Electrix management team is supportive and ensure the business strategic objectives are met. My colleagues are a great fun bunch to work worth some had over 30 years industry experience and was always keen to assist in complex technical issues. The most challenging part of my work is finding resources to get the work done at the right time. I enjoy delivering projects on time and budget during my time at Electrix.
Productive workplace.
I enjoyed working for Electrix. Hard working crew,good managment and taught me alot of skills to persue my carrer to be a qualified electrician.
Pros
Work mates, Hours
Cons
Being made redundant
A good environment to work in.
Electrix company is located in New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. The company has over 2000 workers combined in the located countries that work various jobs such as fixing communication cables and street lights. The departments range from accounts, IT, Health and Safety to mention a few. The departments I worked for were Health and Safety and the HR Department. Both departments had stationed a work life balance for workers to help their well-being. And a good calm and friendly environment was established within the company's departments.
Pros
everyone is allocated a task according to their skills or competencies
Good Team work
Like working out on field
Each and everyone was helpful

Value time