Embassy Suites by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Embassy Suites by Hilton Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Showing all 3,214 reviews

With each arriving guess I focused on Mission which results in joy.

.After retirement I just desired a workplace within my community. enjoyed this culture; however, i experience helicopter manager. I was professional.

Pros

Good relationship with staff & management

Cons

Appreciation was not exhibited from management, thus my departure

Eh, I don't hate it

I'm a server in the banquets department and I do have to say they get their money's worth. We work really hard and upper management isn't always aware of that, but that's just corporate America really. Despite that, it is really not the worst job I've ever worked and they hire a diverse group of people so the company is good. They do feed us often which is not something I've experienced at other jobs, so that's appreciated

Pros

Free lunch, fast paced some days, but not so much that it's awful.

Cons

The hotel is large and running around it, you'll definitely get your steps in.

Poor attitudes from management. Horrible place to work. Absolutely no business sense at all. Extremely cunty.

I’ve never worked at a place with so much potential but the management team just doesn’t get it. This property will more than likely lose its embassy flag. It’s like a team of me type situation. Extremely cunty.

Free meals and a Nice place to work in.

Execelente management. Team work. No drama. Kitchen and Front of the house always working side yo side. I loved working here i would recomment this company specially Myrtle beach

Fun place to work and the guests are the greatest everyone is so great

Working with some of the best people and the best guest making omelets for them was the best i I should have stayed here and retired from this job because the people and my team mates made me feel like family

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Early mornings

Great customer service

Great place to work. Excellent staff. Helpful and understanding management. Beautiful facilities and great culinarily staff. Cohesively efficient work environment. I absolutely love my job!

Working here is stressful

Pay could be better & management is nice, whenever you have a problem they’ll try they best to help. It gets stressful a lot when it gets busy. A lot of cars being broken into at this location

Management doesn't care about you and your work is always overlooked

They only praise you and are decent to you in the event they need you for something. Other than that they're backstabbing drama queens. Their disrespectful and does not care when you have an emergency.

Pros

Didn't really see one

Cons

No appreciation for work, punctuality, respect

Nepotism at its best!!!

If you are not connected with the owners you will be ignored for promotions, pay increases or any benefits. I would not just walk but run away from this company and any of its affiliates. This hotel is not run like a proper business but rather, it makes its own rules.

Management doesn't care about you

I worked there for over 2 years and there are promises of advancement with no action. Nobody was given raises for a 2 year period and the reason we were told was Covid. Even after they began hiring, those who worked during covid were not compensated.

Pros

Great Hilton discount for hotels.

Cons

No breaks/lunches, bad scheduling, no raises or recognition, no chances for advancement, micro management, no flexibility with scheduling, no consideration for family affairs, low pay, dirty hotel, unprofessional

Horrible company

Will not let you take vacation,health insurance unaffordable,under paid, under staffed, horrible management. Took 260 hrs of vacation time from me not because I didn't take it because would not let me take it and did not pay it out.

Reputation Precedes Itself

Current front desk management is incredible. Everything else about this experience is a horror show. An unbelievable amount of disregard for safety and zero integrity runs rampant throughout the property. There's zero accountability for the decisions made that negatively impact operations.

Pros

Front Desk Management, some co-workers, benefits.

Cons

on site safety, lack of supplies, lack of organization

terrible pay and awful people

I was very excited to work here in the beginning and loved it for the first month or so before I started seeing peoples true colors. They push that everyone matters and everyone is family but that only applies to higher-ups and not the lower people like housekeeping, front desk, and banquets. Most of them treat you one way to your face and say awful things behind your back but some (management) will just say slurs to your face and not get in any trouble for it. They treat their disabled employees like trash. They will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat because they dont want to do their jobs. They are cheap. They say awful things about guests and tell them anything to make them go away and/or not file a complaint. They expect you to bend over backwards for them but they wont do the same for you or even pay you fairly for working as hard as you can. Youll be paid and treated the exact same as someone who comes in and does nothing. There are some really great people that work there but sadly they aren't enough to make up for how terrible management is.

Pros

Occasional Free food, the nice people are really nice

Cons

No breaks, selfish management, discriminative, poor pay

Hilton is great, but individual locations are different

Hilton has so many great fantastic benefits, the online training is good, but it’s long and my management didn’t train Me so I had to go through the computer, which isn’t ideal if you’re the only person on the job and you can’t just jump to a question or answer to look it up. There was no communication. It was impossible to speak with HR, I didn’t get to do my job title as a supervisor

Pros

Breakfast, pay, Hilton benefits

Cons

A disconnect with corporate and it’s chains

Unorganized

While the pay is nice, management is terrible. Always shortage of staff. The hotel is old and in need of a face lift. The ax units in the rooms leak, there is a terrible sewer smell seeping through the vents. You will work long hours without a break and never have any help.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Long hours without a break or help

Good pay but a lot of work

They pay really well but they will work you to death if you don’t stand up for yourself. Since it’s such a large corporation, they don’t want to lose any team members. They will try to keep you for as long as they can so stick up for yourself and they will change to fit your needs.

Pros

Free meals Insurance Good pay

Cons

Management Hours Work load

the good thing was getting to know the other coworkers

the bad thing was managament could be kinda heartless and are very messy and very very nosey,the hardest part of the job is getting everything done in a descent amount of time... a typical day would be getting all of your supplies together and making sure you complete each task done before its time for you to clock out and go home at the end of your shift. The most enjoyable part is knowing your done your part at the end of the day and meeting the other coworkers

Good experience

Good experience, got really busy at times. Lots of tourists come in, not many other coworkers, you work alone a lot of the time. Set schedule so I never had weekends off.

The pool was always clean,hallways were always clean,rooms were very clean.

I loved working at the embassy suits,co-workers were great to work with,management was was very flexible with my work hours.I would absolutely work for them again if ever given the chance to.

Pros

flexible schedule, great ambiance.

Work environment

They pay me like 12.90 for 5 years of experience. They don’t care about people they care about getting the job done . Insurance is expensive here . Just seems like the Human Resources ladies are not there to help the employees .

Look elsewhere

Pay is bad, management is unorganized and scatterbrained, workers backstab one another, department heads play favorites, high turnover with no benefits. Do not apply here, the amount of work expected of you is too much. you often fill in for the companies lack of staff in key departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Embassy Suites by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Embassy Suites by Hilton