Emerge Aotearoa Employee Reviews

Good productive
Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland27 October 2018
Working with Emerge Aotearoa is a great blessing as I compared with my previous job. There is a clear time frame of working hours, which is 8hrs per day.
I have learned heaps of lesson especially the humans right of an individual members of those involved at work. I also admired the management behaviour of the leaders and those who are in front line of the job. There also a sense of respect , committment, love and understanding within the members involved.
Eventhought its hard to work with people who have issues in life, such as mental health, behaviour issue and so forth, but at the end of the day, my great joy and happy when I realised that i have contributed and offered something positive helping others to enjoy life while they still alive.
Pros
Very productive
Cons
Feel excited
Unorganized
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury12 September 2018
I did placement there, if it wasn't for one or two decent workers who took me under their wing it would of been horrible, i was left to organize everything!!, some management didn't even acknowledge me, while the manager i was under was more interested in keeping the peace than being a boss, most staff had severe mental health issues, back stabbing, bullying, i have a lot to give in this field and i sure won't be giving it to emerge Aoteoroa, all about the people, yeah right what i experienced was all about the poor staff, what a joke
Pros
Out and about all day
Cons
Not enough breaks
Worst experience
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato27 November 2017
Claim to be 'pro' maori and all that but in reality its not true.
Biased and management is just full of it.
hardest part of the job was biting my lip and trying to keep a straight face.
Cons
over work staff, treat casual like nothing
Horrible compay, horrible management.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury6 May 2017
Emerge Aotearoa is the worst company to work for if youre looking for a career. From horrible pay, horrible training, no structure, bad management, working with colleagues that have bad mental health issues themselves, bullying and back stabbing....not a good time!! The only good thing is that you get experience quite fast as you are thrown right into the deep end. As a CSW you are right in the firing line of everything and highly criticized if you make a misteak. You have high chances of being assaulted with no safety nets. The failure vs success rate is tremendous and clients who are having a hard time are either exited on to the streets or exit themselves from service and unfortunately from this world. Emerge needs to step up their game and so does the mental health industry. The big dogs are lining their pockets and the hard workers are being treated like minions, good work goes unrecognized and unappreciated.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Bad wages, bad management, bullying, lies, cult like organization.
Team work required from every staff members
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland6 December 2016
Relax work environment on a good typical day, learn from the clients that worked with building good relationship. Well manage and work appreciative by management. Staff works as a team with every task on hand and for purposes of reaching goals of recovery for clients. Hardest part when someone who went out into the community or discharge from the services and relapse under the pressure of life.
Most enjoyable time is when someone makes it out to start his journey in the community.
Pros
Good Work environment
productive
Casual Enrolled Nurse/Recovery Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty4 August 2016
Interesting, Productive, good team work,
hardest part, when your new in the job and you're not been properly orientated.

I learned to be assertive and look after myself more.
happy place,productive and creative team.
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury20 July 2016
I like working morning shift because the day flies fast. This is where you engage and interact with the clients supporting them with their planned activities. Answering email and calls.
I have a lot in my workplace. I have learned and enhanced my skills in assessing and managing potential and actual client risk, and ensuring appropriate documentation, reporting and documentation. My colleagues are very supportive and we are working collaboratively as a team. The hardest part of my job is only when there is a client that is extremely high challenging. Enjoyable because it is a self rewarding job especially when the client has achieved their goals and aspirations.
Pros
free meal
Cons
have to work graveyard shift at times
Emerge Aotearoa
Community Support Worker/Brain injury (Former Employee) –  Christchurch New Zealand23 June 2016
I really enjoyed working for Emerge Aotearoa. I have helped many clients who have suffered a brain injury. I have supported them back into the public.

I look forward to continuing to help others and achieving their goals.
Nice Learning environment
Casual Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland18 December 2015
Emerge Aotearoa is good company to work with. Good working environment with supportive staff. I have learned so many things like Time management, Medication supervision and so on. The most enjoyable part of job is to meet with new people and help them towards recovery.