Emerge Aotearoa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Emerge Aotearoa Employee Review

Team work required from every staff members

6 December 2016
Relax work environment on a good typical day, learn from the clients that worked with building good relationship. Well manage and work appreciative by management. Staff works as a team with every task on hand and for purposes of reaching goals of recovery for clients. Hardest part when someone who went out into the community or discharge from the services and relapse under the pressure of life.
Most enjoyable time is when someone makes it out to start his journey in the community.
Pros
Good Work environment
12 September 2018
Same role
I did placement there, if it wasn't for one or two decent workers who took me under their wing it would of been horrible, i was left to organize everything!!, some management didn't even acknowledge me, while the manager i was under was more interested in keeping the peace than being a boss, most staff had severe mental health issues, back stabbing, bullying, i have a lot to give in this field and i sure won't be giving it to emerge Aoteoroa, all about the people, yeah right what i experienced was all about the poor staff, what a joke
Pros
Out and about all day
Cons
Not enough breaks
27 November 2017
Claim to be 'pro' maori and all that but in reality its not true.
Biased and management is just full of it.

hardest part of the job was biting my lip and trying to keep a straight face.
Cons
over work staff, treat casual like nothing
27 October 2018
Same location
Working with Emerge Aotearoa is a great blessing as I compared with my previous job. There is a clear time frame of working hours, which is 8hrs per day.
I have learned heaps of lesson especially the humans right of an individual members of those involved at work. I also admired the management behaviour of the leaders and those who are in front line of the job. There also a sense of respect , committment, love and understanding within the members involved.

Eventhought its hard to work with people who have issues in life, such as mental health, behaviour issue and so forth, but at the end of the day, my great joy and happy when I realised that i have contributed and offered something positive helping others to enjoy life while they still alive.
Pros
Very productive
Cons
Feel excited