Emerge Aotearoa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Emerge Aotearoa Employee Reviews in Christchurch, Canterbury

Christchurch, Canterbury3 reviews
I like working morning shift because the day flies fast. This is where you engage and interact with the clients supporting them with their planned activities. Answering email and calls.
I have a lot in my workplace. I have learned and enhanced my skills in assessing and managing potential and actual client risk, and ensuring appropriate documentation, reporting and documentation. My colleagues are very supportive and we are working collaboratively as a team. The hardest part of my job is only when there is a client that is extremely high challenging. Enjoyable because it is a self rewarding job especially when the client has achieved their goals and aspirations.
Pros
free meal
Cons
have to work graveyard shift at times
Emerge Aotearoa is the worst company to work for if youre looking for a career. From horrible pay, horrible training, no structure, bad management, working with colleagues that have bad mental health issues themselves, bullying and back stabbing....not a good time!! The only good thing is that you get experience quite fast as you are thrown right into the deep end. As a CSW you are right in the firing line of everything and highly criticized if you make a misteak. You have high chances of being assaulted with no safety nets. The failure vs success rate is tremendous and clients who are having a hard time are either exited on to the streets or exit themselves from service and unfortunately from this world. Emerge needs to step up their game and so does the mental health industry. The big dogs are lining their pockets and the hard workers are being treated like minions, good work goes unrecognized and unappreciated.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Bad wages, bad management, bullying, lies, cult like organization.
I really enjoyed working for Emerge Aotearoa. I have helped many clients who have suffered a brain injury. I have supported them back into the public.

I look forward to continuing to help others and achieving their goals.