Emerge Aotearoa Employee Reviews for Support Worker

2.8Pay & Benefits
Unorganized
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury12 September 2018
I did placement there, if it wasn't for one or two decent workers who took me under their wing it would of been horrible, i was left to organize everything!!, some management didn't even acknowledge me, while the manager i was under was more interested in keeping the peace than being a boss, most staff had severe mental health issues, back stabbing, bullying, i have a lot to give in this field and i sure won't be giving it to emerge Aoteoroa, all about the people, yeah right what i experienced was all about the poor staff, what a joke
Pros
Out and about all day
Cons
Not enough breaks
Worst experience
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato27 November 2017
Claim to be 'pro' maori and all that but in reality its not true.
Biased and management is just full of it.
hardest part of the job was biting my lip and trying to keep a straight face.
Cons
over work staff, treat casual like nothing
Horrible compay, horrible management.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury6 May 2017
Emerge Aotearoa is the worst company to work for if youre looking for a career. From horrible pay, horrible training, no structure, bad management, working with colleagues that have bad mental health issues themselves, bullying and back stabbing....not a good time!! The only good thing is that you get experience quite fast as you are thrown right into the deep end. As a CSW you are right in the firing line of everything and highly criticized if you make a misteak. You have high chances of being assaulted with no safety nets. The failure vs success rate is tremendous and clients who are having a hard time are either exited on to the streets or exit themselves from service and unfortunately from this world. Emerge needs to step up their game and so does the mental health industry. The big dogs are lining their pockets and the hard workers are being treated like minions, good work goes unrecognized and unappreciated.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Bad wages, bad management, bullying, lies, cult like organization.
Team work required from every staff members
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland6 December 2016
Relax work environment on a good typical day, learn from the clients that worked with building good relationship. Well manage and work appreciative by management. Staff works as a team with every task on hand and for purposes of reaching goals of recovery for clients. Hardest part when someone who went out into the community or discharge from the services and relapse under the pressure of life.
Most enjoyable time is when someone makes it out to start his journey in the community.
Pros
Good Work environment
Emerge Aotearoa
Community Support Worker/Brain injury (Former Employee) –  Christchurch New Zealand23 June 2016
I really enjoyed working for Emerge Aotearoa. I have helped many clients who have suffered a brain injury. I have supported them back into the public.

I look forward to continuing to help others and achieving their goals.
Nice Learning environment
Casual Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland18 December 2015
Emerge Aotearoa is good company to work with. Good working environment with supportive staff. I have learned so many things like Time management, Medication supervision and so on. The most enjoyable part of job is to meet with new people and help them towards recovery.