Emerge Aotearoa

Emerge Aotearoa Employee Review

View all Emerge Aotearoa reviews

Horrible compay, horrible management.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury6 May 2017
Emerge Aotearoa is the worst company to work for if youre looking for a career. From horrible pay, horrible training, no structure, bad management, working with colleagues that have bad mental health issues themselves, bullying and back stabbing....not a good time!! The only good thing is that you get experience quite fast as you are thrown right into the deep end. As a CSW you are right in the firing line of everything and highly criticized if you make a misteak. You have high chances of being assaulted with no safety nets. The failure vs success rate is tremendous and clients who are having a hard time are either exited on to the streets or exit themselves from service and unfortunately from this world. Emerge needs to step up their game and so does the mental health industry. The big dogs are lining their pockets and the hard workers are being treated like minions, good work goes unrecognized and unappreciated.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Bad wages, bad management, bullying, lies, cult like organization.

Other Emerge Aotearoa Employee Reviews

No day was the same
Drug and alcohol clinician (Former Employee) –  Papakura, Auckland1 October 2019
No day was the same.
Company as a whole was client focused with a genuine focus on the future of New Zealand.
It appeared to be forward thinking in the systemic approach for clients and delivery of care.
Good productive
Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland27 October 2018
Working with Emerge Aotearoa is a great blessing as I compared with my previous job. There is a clear time frame of working hours, which is 8hrs per day.
I have learned heaps of lesson especially the humans right of an individual members of those involved at work. I also admired the management behaviour of the leaders and those who are in front line of the job. There also a sense of respect , committment, love and understanding within the members involved.
Eventhought its hard to work with people who have issues in life, such as mental health, behaviour issue and so forth, but at the end of the day, my great joy and happy when I realised that i have contributed and offered something positive helping others to enjoy life while they still alive.
Pros
Very productive
Cons
Feel excited