Emergent Biosolutions Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD17 May 2018
One of the jobs that I really loved. Its not just the staff members but also the head of the company takes good care of his employees. I wish they had more job offers and I would like to go back and be a part of their team again.
fast past fun competitive
battery packer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX7 May 2018
Come in 8 am Monday through Friday come in start sorting through each product scraping the bad products, and packing and shipping of all good products.
Pros
Paid lunch
Challenging at times
Team Lead, Protective Services (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 212202 May 2018
Typical day started off with figuring out shift rotations. Patrolling the interior and exterior building and monitoring CC TV. Checking visitors in and out and doing vehicle searches. Keeping up to date on all training. Overall a good company to work for, work and life balance can be hard at times due to usual security standards of staffing. Benefits are fantastic along with work picnics and company outings.
Pros
You can advance
Cons
Work and Life balance
Immune to listening. Leadership out of touch with workforce
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI27 April 2018
Leadership neither listens to nor believes the truth about the what is really happening within the culture or operations of the company. Instead, they prefer their ears be tickled by managers who are driven by self-preservation and personal gain.

Leadership is dumbfounded repeatedly by the discontent expressed on culture surveys. These experience-based responses are viewed as an aberration, unrepresentative of the culture as a whole despite receiving similar feedback year after year after year.

Suggestions for improvement are not vetted, but quickly invalidated and discarded if they do not originate from the top. Its not that leadership doesn't care, they just seem unable to comprehend the incongruency between their own experience and the experience of others.

Some employees hang on because of generous vacation benefits, the comfort of stable wages or personal relationships within the company. Many, many others have left, though, frustrated by the slow pace of change.
Pros
Shiny on the outside, profitable.
Cons
Silo departmental behavior, non-collaborative passive-aggressive working environment.
Na
Warehouse Associate Lead (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD25 April 2018
Nice place to work if you like working with people who Set up, flushed and charged spirit bottling lines. Completed 5-step cleaning process daily on a
Terribly Toxic Place
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD12 April 2018
The culture is so toxic that I was so relieved to quit. Management is disrespectful and arrogant. Baltimore Manufacturing is a complete joke with no FDA regulations followed.
Horrible DONT APPLY HERE - unfair HR practices and place lacks technical expertise
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore24 March 2018
I worked at Emergent for more than 5 years at Baltimore site.People here are nice to work with. However there is Lack of career advancement, unfair pay and positioning in career ladder, Favoritism in promoting people,- If you are someone's friend you will become a manager quickly. There is lack of technical expertise among senior management. You will always feel under appreciated and underpaid. Forget about getting rewarded for hard work. HR at the site is on top of things only when it comes to their self interests, they have a deaf year to their employees' problems.
Challenging
Metrology Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI22 March 2018
Meetings, meetings, meetings and very little is accomplished. Many projects are hurry to get it done. Most projects lack qualified leadership, decisions are made by unqualified people..
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
management loves meetings
A cutting edge company but my team was in the reform crosshairs.
Federal Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MI13 March 2018
I was proud to sell the products and was challenged by my assigned market. The management is very poor at communicating with underlines. I understood why I was let go, no bad feelings over that, but I was not treated well in the separation process.
Pros
It was great to play a part in the protection of those who protect us.
Cons
Horrible sense of communication by mid and low level management.
Wonderful workplace helping to better lives
MEDICAL INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD6 March 2018
An amazing job! This place is all about working in order to help better the lives of others. This job requires patience, initiative, and teamwork to achieve the common goal of exceptional inspection
Amazing co-workers; Horrible management
Technician, Inspection & Packaging (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI 489065 March 2018
Only thing I got out of working here is that they seem to think more management means better management. Very top heavy. Shallow managers. Watch your back.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Horrible bosses
Great peers, but can do a lot better for management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 February 2018
Loved the job, great core values. Great quality control system in place, the top management is very supportive. Expect the same from the managers.
The co-workers are the best part of the job, management, not so much.
Manufactoring Associate.
Laboratory Technician (Anthrax Vaccine Adsorbed) (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI12 February 2018
This is a good starter job out of college with opportunities for advancement. Hours were longer, 12Hr. shifts but you are compensated will longer weekends off.
Don't Apply Here ...Don't!!
None (Current Employee) –  Lansing6 December 2017
This place is disgusting re how they treat employees. Seen several good associates leave or say thrown out the door and the dirt reasons stays hidden. Work loads are on overload; they are in the stone age still re; their claim to work life balance; you can't even work home 1 day a week if you wanted but they continue to state false claims promoting work life balance.
Lots of dead end jobs so don't waste your time thinking this is a place that promotes from within; they like to bypass internal applicants re promotion because this company does NOT CARE about you anyways.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Wonderful Temp Job
Analyst I, Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI5 December 2017
I was hired in on a contract and it is the best job I've ever had. I hope that I am brought I after my contract expires. The benefits for temp workers aren't great.
Pros
Great atmosphere, great coworkers
Cons
Temporary
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD20 August 2017
Over all I enjoy working there it has great vacation benefits work around my school time management is great. A lot of off site activities for employees to take part in.
Relaxed
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS31 July 2017
Sitting down all day inspecting packets and we boxed the packets and wrap them for shipping take them to the back to put them on the shelf for pick up
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Not enough hours
Fast paced environment
Maintenance Electrician and Controls (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 July 2017
Typical daily maintenance work but challenging. Work priorities could change in a matter of minutes depending on how severe or important the problem is.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Could be long hours of work
Special Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI22 June 2017
The company was a great place to work. The executive staff and their assistants were very easy to work with. Advancement opportunities were always available. The culture of the company was one of an open door policy.
Enjoyable place to work. Fun family days. Free lunches and barbeques.
Records & Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 June 2017
Interesting place to work. Started up a totally new records department. Was able to take charge and make the position my own by analyzing the needs of the company. Records rooms contained highly confidential material, rooms had to be fire proof and temperature and humidity controlled. Charge of binding and labelling all old records and implementing a recording and tracking system, so at any given time we could find records ASAP.
Pros
Free lunches. Bonus days off.
Cons
No room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emergent Biosolutions. Our community is ready to answer.