Emergent Biosolutions
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Emergent Biosolutions Employee Reviews

required to work hard and always be available - after hours, weekends and during vacations.
people who rose within the organization tended to be individuals who were not in tune with what was going on within the organization
Meetings, meetings, meetings and very little is accomplished. Many projects are hurry to get it done. Most projects lack qualified leadership, decisions are made by unqualified people..
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
management loves meetings
I was proud to sell the products and was challenged by my assigned market. The management is very poor at communicating with underlines. I understood why I was let go, no bad feelings over that, but I was not treated well in the separation process.
Pros
It was great to play a part in the protection of those who protect us.
Cons
Horrible sense of communication by mid and low level management.
An amazing job! This place is all about working in order to help better the lives of others. This job requires patience, initiative, and teamwork to achieve the common goal of exceptional inspection
Only thing I got out of working here is that they seem to think more management means better management. Very top heavy. Shallow managers. Watch your back.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Horrible bosses
Loved the job, great core values. Great quality control system in place, the top management is very supportive. Expect the same from the managers.
The co-workers are the best part of the job, management, not so much.
This is a good starter job out of college with opportunities for advancement. Hours were longer, 12Hr. shifts but you are compensated will longer weekends off.
This place is disgusting re how they treat employees. Seen several good associates leave or say thrown out the door and the dirt reasons stays hidden. Work loads are on overload; they are in the stone age still re; their claim to work life balance; you can't even work home 1 day a week if you wanted but they continue to state false claims promoting work life balance.
Lots of dead end jobs so don't waste your time thinking this is a place that promotes from within; they like to bypass internal applicants re promotion because this company does NOT CARE about you anyways.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
I was hired in on a contract and it is the best job I've ever had. I hope that I am brought I after my contract expires. The benefits for temp workers aren't great.
Pros
Great atmosphere, great coworkers
Cons
Temporary
Over all I enjoy working there it has great vacation benefits work around my school time management is great. A lot of off site activities for employees to take part in.
Sitting down all day inspecting packets and we boxed the packets and wrap them for shipping take them to the back to put them on the shelf for pick up
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Not enough hours
Typical daily maintenance work but challenging. Work priorities could change in a matter of minutes depending on how severe or important the problem is.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Could be long hours of work
The company was a great place to work. The executive staff and their assistants were very easy to work with. Advancement opportunities were always available. The culture of the company was one of an open door policy.
Interesting place to work. Started up a totally new records department. Was able to take charge and make the position my own by analyzing the needs of the company. Records rooms contained highly confidential material, rooms had to be fire proof and temperature and humidity controlled. Charge of binding and labelling all old records and implementing a recording and tracking system, so at any given time we could find records ASAP.
Pros
Free lunches. Bonus days off.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Great Company to work for. Wonderful benefits and work life balance. Executive Staff makes you feel comfortable. Management is fair and they offer breakfast every Friday.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Make sure you live close. Commute can get tricky on 270
Balanced paced, as long as you are coherent, you can do well there. I actually would complete my work so quick that I took over and helped others complete their work along with them.
Pros
free lunch on pay-day plus free breakfast. always free soda.
Cons
traveling there can run into traffic.
As an engineer here here you do everything from hands on machine repairs to managing capital project to designing brackets to hold brooms and mops. No one day is the same.
Management at this site is under qualified for their positions, hence, without the proper leadership, this site cannot advance. Most don't have the necessary skill sets required to take this company to the next level.
Self, Management and Peer Reviews performed annually.
One on One sessions with manager performed periodically at the employees request to review progress towards annual goals.

Team Building activities during working hours.

Senior Management supports employees in local community activities. Provides 8 hours of pay to all employees to use for community activities (e.g. Habitat for Humanity, Stuffing School Pack-Backs for Children of the Military)
Pros
Every payday, compnay provides donuts and bagels.
Cons
Personal Time Off is both vacation and sick time.
The company does very interesting work and seems to genuinely care about employees' well-being. Management is very transparent. Job stability is highly dependent on acquisition of government contracts. In certain departments, employee expectations are not clearly defined and advancement seems to be very subjective.
I was only an intern at Emergent Biosolutions, but they offer a diverse and challenging program for students. I highly enjoyed working with the IT department and was provided appropriate knowledge and training during my daily demands. I was also given opportunities to show my initiative by providing ideas on how to streamline processes to get the job done faster. I enjoyed the daily activities as well as the team members I interacted with.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emergent Biosolutions. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7