Emergent Biosolutions Employee Reviews

Great Company
Associate Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD8 May 2017
Great Company to work for. Wonderful benefits and work life balance. Executive Staff makes you feel comfortable. Management is fair and they offer breakfast every Friday.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Make sure you live close. Commute can get tricky on 270
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD24 April 2017
Balanced paced, as long as you are coherent, you can do well there. I actually would complete my work so quick that I took over and helped others complete their work along with them.
Pros
free lunch on pay-day plus free breakfast. always free soda.
Cons
traveling there can run into traffic.
Good Salary
Manufacturing-Reliability Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD14 April 2017
As an engineer here here you do everything from hands on machine repairs to managing capital project to designing brackets to hold brooms and mops. No one day is the same.
Management Issues
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD8 March 2017
Management at this site is under qualified for their positions, hence, without the proper leadership, this site cannot advance. Most don't have the necessary skill sets required to take this company to the next level.
Culture Commitee Activites during Work Hours
Quality Assurance Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD10 February 2017
Self, Management and Peer Reviews performed annually.
One on One sessions with manager performed periodically at the employees request to review progress towards annual goals.
Team Building activities during working hours.
Senior Management supports employees in local community activities. Provides 8 hours of pay to all employees to use for community activities (e.g. Habitat for Humanity, Stuffing School Pack-Backs for Children of the Military)
Pros
Every payday, compnay provides donuts and bagels.
Cons
Personal Time Off is both vacation and sick time.
Overall good company doing great work but stability heavily dependent on government contracts
Specialist I, Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Giathersburg, MD9 January 2017
The company does very interesting work and seems to genuinely care about employees' well-being. Management is very transparent. Job stability is highly dependent on acquisition of government contracts. In certain departments, employee expectations are not clearly defined and advancement seems to be very subjective.
Excellent
Internship (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 December 2016
I was only an intern at Emergent Biosolutions, but they offer a diverse and challenging program for students. I highly enjoyed working with the IT department and was provided appropriate knowledge and training during my daily demands. I was also given opportunities to show my initiative by providing ideas on how to streamline processes to get the job done faster. I enjoyed the daily activities as well as the team members I interacted with.
Great place to make the world and yourself better
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI5 December 2016
The culture at Emergent made it amazing, people there follow 5 core values to include: respect, commitment, communication, empowerment and innovation. This combination got everybody on the same page and made you love coming to work.
Pros
Cons
Priority management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI20 November 2016
This is a vey reputable company. Some jobs operate on a shift schedule. The company however offers amenties tat allows the employee to be comfortable while working late and weekend shifts.
Lack of Core Values
Regulatory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI14 November 2016
Lack of trust and dishonesty abound. Due to their reliance on government funding they are blocked by red tape and can't get out of their way. More political than strategic
Want to wake up and go to workl.
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI4 November 2016
Have enjoyed my time here. Wish I could continue working with such a great work force. Have learned a lot and would love to continue to learn.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI31 October 2016
Emergent Biosolutions is a great place to work. Excellent environment and I learned a lot throughout my time working there. Quick career advancement if you are a hard working employee. Only reason I am looking for other employment is because they are downsizing and I was a part of an employee severance.
Pros
Compensation
Enjoyable work environment
Senior Technician (Aseptic Operator) (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI6 October 2016
24-7/365 manufacturing of Anthrax Vaccine Adsorbed (AVA). I learned how to use SAP software. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the monotony of executing the same procedures everyday with minimal variance.
Great company to work for
Subcontract Administrator, Senior (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD22 September 2016
Nice place to work, they really care about their products and employees. They just opened a work out center and a cafe at our headquarters.
n/a
Accounting Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX18 September 2016
never worked here before. i worked for emergent professional services which is a staffing agency. indded selected the wrong employers name for my employment.
Great Co-Workers, Terrible Hours, Poor Management
Assistant Technician, Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI14 September 2016
I almost always worked over my scheduled 12 hour shift. Upper management was not honest when they hired me as a temporary employee, knowing that they were making a transition within a couple years that I would likely not be a part of. My co-workers were great, many of them were in the same boat I was. I learned to operate with great attention to detail, but few functional skills that will translate to other jobs in my future.
Excellent benefits package, lackluster environment
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI9 September 2016
As a manufacturing technician the job itself was repetitive but enjoyable because of the team environment. Over the years, however, Emergent has become more and more dysfunctional. This is mostly due to a few rotten eggs in site leadership. One or two bullies and sycophants in the upper echelons really create a trickle down effect of unhappiness.
Career Starter
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI26 July 2016
Good place to go to get experience but the management can be terrible.... Not a lot of room for growth. They claim you can successfully move up the ladder but it turns out its very difficult unless you know someone....Benefits are great especially PTO.
Pros
Flexible, Pto
Productive but with challenges
Scientist, Preclinical Research (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 June 2016
Could be a great working place except that employees (at least in my area) are very apprehensive at genuine working in teams, info sharing and cross-team brainstorming
Focused teams however high turnover of personnel
Quality Control Assistant Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI17 June 2016
During the time I was there the company did several changes to the employees benefits, work schedules and increased responsibilities without notifying staff until after the changes were made and with only 24hr notice of implementation. This included 50% reduction in yearly bonuses to all but the executives who received a 30% increase in yearly bonuses. Changing from a 4 day 10hr shift to a 5 day 8hr shift. Increasing workload for the department I was with by over 45% by adding a new building while remaining on a hire neutral standing. Coworkers were always helpful, professional and willing to help in training and learning.
Pros
High level of cooperation among members of the teams I worked with
Cons
Executives did not see the bottom 95% of employees as valuable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emergent Biosolutions. Our community is ready to answer.