Emergent Biosolutions
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Emergent Biosolutions Employee Reviews

required to work hard and always be available - after hours, weekends and during vacations.
people who rose within the organization tended to be individuals who were not in tune with what was going on within the organization
The culture at Emergent made it amazing, people there follow 5 core values to include: respect, commitment, communication, empowerment and innovation. This combination got everybody on the same page and made you love coming to work.
Pros
Cons
Priority management
This is a vey reputable company. Some jobs operate on a shift schedule. The company however offers amenties tat allows the employee to be comfortable while working late and weekend shifts.
Lack of trust and dishonesty abound. Due to their reliance on government funding they are blocked by red tape and can't get out of their way. More political than strategic
Have enjoyed my time here. Wish I could continue working with such a great work force. Have learned a lot and would love to continue to learn.
Emergent Biosolutions is a great place to work. Excellent environment and I learned a lot throughout my time working there. Quick career advancement if you are a hard working employee. Only reason I am looking for other employment is because they are downsizing and I was a part of an employee severance.
Pros
Compensation
24-7/365 manufacturing of Anthrax Vaccine Adsorbed (AVA). I learned how to use SAP software. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the monotony of executing the same procedures everyday with minimal variance.
Nice place to work, they really care about their products and employees. They just opened a work out center and a cafe at our headquarters.
never worked here before. i worked for emergent professional services which is a staffing agency. indded selected the wrong employers name for my employment.
I almost always worked over my scheduled 12 hour shift. Upper management was not honest when they hired me as a temporary employee, knowing that they were making a transition within a couple years that I would likely not be a part of. My co-workers were great, many of them were in the same boat I was. I learned to operate with great attention to detail, but few functional skills that will translate to other jobs in my future.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Emergent Biosolutions?
As a manufacturing technician the job itself was repetitive but enjoyable because of the team environment. Over the years, however, Emergent has become more and more dysfunctional. This is mostly due to a few rotten eggs in site leadership. One or two bullies and sycophants in the upper echelons really create a trickle down effect of unhappiness.
Good place to go to get experience but the management can be terrible.... Not a lot of room for growth. They claim you can successfully move up the ladder but it turns out its very difficult unless you know someone....Benefits are great especially PTO.
Pros
Flexible, Pto
Cons
Could be a great working place except that employees (at least in my area) are very apprehensive at genuine working in teams, info sharing and cross-team brainstorming
During the time I was there the company did several changes to the employees benefits, work schedules and increased responsibilities without notifying staff until after the changes were made and with only 24hr notice of implementation. This included 50% reduction in yearly bonuses to all but the executives who received a 30% increase in yearly bonuses. Changing from a 4 day 10hr shift to a 5 day 8hr shift. Increasing workload for the department I was with by over 45% by adding a new building while remaining on a hire neutral standing. Coworkers were always helpful, professional and willing to help in training and learning.
Pros
High level of cooperation among members of the teams I worked with
Cons
Executives did not see the bottom 95% of employees as valuable
Core values are basic goals for life. A typical day will be full of encouragement and development. Training opportunities are constant and Management prioritize employee appreciation.
We worked two shifts, nice place to work. People are nice and I gained a lot of experienced. The most enjoyable part of the job is we travel.
Emergent is similar to other companies of its size in that some dept are well managed while others are a nightmare. Be sure to vet the managers you'll be working with prior to joining.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Growing and in some ways exciting company to work for. A lot of positives - good corporate culture etc, but a lot of politics in getting promotions.
Difficult product space orphan disease state, large territories. New division to the larger entity still ironing out the details.
Pros
great manager
Cons
big geography
I've had the ability to learn a lot about a wide array of company systems and processes. My co-workers are great and make the job enjoyable. Management holds all of the decision making power and even then, only senior management is allowed to make any decisions. There is definitely room for growth for those without advanced degrees and those with advanced degrees aren't given much room to exercise their expertise and problem solving skills. The hardest part of the job is the rate at which work is expected to be completed as there is not much time between a decision being made and completion of that task.
The people are at the heart of this company. Colleagues were outstanding. As the company grew, management lost site of staff and instead of truly working on the culture they resorted to a façade.
Pros
people, collegiality, compensation
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emergent Biosolutions. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7