Emergent Biosolutions Employee Reviews

Great Experience
AVA Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI11 June 2016
Core values are basic goals for life. A typical day will be full of encouragement and development. Training opportunities are constant and Management prioritize employee appreciation.
Productive and nice place to work.
Packaging Inspector, Assistant Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD24 April 2016
We worked two shifts, nice place to work. People are nice and I gained a lot of experienced. The most enjoyable part of the job is we travel.
Emergent
HRIS Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC17 March 2016
Emergent is similar to other companies of its size in that some dept are well managed while others are a nightmare. Be sure to vet the managers you'll be working with prior to joining.
Pros
Pay
Growing Company
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD7 October 2015
Growing and in some ways exciting company to work for. A lot of positives - good corporate culture etc, but a lot of politics in getting promotions.
Great Manager that gets it!
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berwyn PA13 August 2015
Difficult product space orphan disease state, large territories. New division to the larger entity still ironing out the details.
Pros
great manager
Cons
big geography
Fast paced work environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI13 August 2015
I've had the ability to learn a lot about a wide array of company systems and processes. My co-workers are great and make the job enjoyable. Management holds all of the decision making power and even then, only senior management is allowed to make any decisions. There is definitely room for growth for those without advanced degrees and those with advanced degrees aren't given much room to exercise their expertise and problem solving skills. The hardest part of the job is the rate at which work is expected to be completed as there is not much time between a decision being made and completion of that task.
Great People
Sr. Director - Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD23 July 2015
The people are at the heart of this company. Colleagues were outstanding. As the company grew, management lost site of staff and instead of truly working on the culture they resorted to a fa├žade.
Pros
people, collegiality, compensation
Will Call
Will Call (Former Employee) –  Carson, CA8 June 2015
Working for Centric Parts through Emergent was ok, not the best as they tend to have a very poor choice of employment rights although they say they are equal and are willing to help the growth of the company has always been more important than the safety and health of their employees. It is great knowing you will always have work Monday-Friday plus overtime when needed.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Horrible human resource and management decision
good people good friends
Junior Shipping Technician (Former Employee) –  winnipeg21 May 2015
hard working people that make the company go, layoffs whenever they feel like it, hard work normally goes un noticed. good hours, clean safe place to work
Pros
people
Cons
some
Strong company with opportunities
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Maryland18 May 2015
The company has grown significantly. Lots of opportunities and lots of positive changes over the past years but growth pains too just like any company going through significant growth and change. Ehtical company with a strong CEO. Work along side many talented people.
Pros
Growth, good pay and benefits, opportunity to get out of it what you put in
Cons
Still a lot of change and some not happening as quickly as desired
Good benefits/High Stress
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI26 April 2015
The company did more for me in terms of personal growth and benefits than I thought any company ever would. The work/life balance left something to be desired and compensation was a little lacking for my position.
Terrible place to work for little pay
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI24 April 2015
Long hours are always encouraged without the recognition or compensation
Management does not embrace the values of the organization but forces the staff to use them
Management always seemed unprepared for audits when lower level personnel pulled the majority of the weight
Pros
Good benefits and company off site functions
Cons
Terrible management, some questionnable practices, no work life balance
Toxic environment to work under
Administrative Assistant/Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockville, Md8 April 2015
Would never recommend them as a good place to work.
Management is run by two people
Not a good place to work

I was treated very badly and constantly humiliated by the employees relations person in HR. Sr. Counsel can not be trusted.
Bullied.
Pros
Lots of coffee and snacks
Cons
everything
Great job, mired in structure
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 September 2014
A good mix of routine and analysis, felt very valued at this company, and like my opinion mattered.
The hardest part was being told we need to work faster but no ideas ever came forward to achieve that goal. Constantly insisted the level of validation was too much in the accounting department, regardless of a GMP facility with government contracts.
Pros
Great Benefits, Happy Employees
Cons
Inflexible to change and lower validation
Very culture focused.
Aseptic Operator/Senior Tech (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI12 August 2014
Secure career path overall. Employees are enjoyable to work with.
Overall a decent place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI24 June 2014
I was in charge of completing testing on animals using the anthrax virus and vaccine. I would clean caging,feed and water animals, complete housekeeping, They had me start revising and authoring SOP's. I was a certified trainer as well and in charge of training staff.I learned that the job possessed a great deal of growth. If you showed desire to learn they offered classes and training. I learned what it takes working in an environment that is highly FDA regulated. My co-workers were great. we worked well as a team and we would all hang out after work/go to lunches together. For the most part i liked management there. They were fair and allowed the employees to do their job. Hardest part of the job was having to test animals. What I enjoyed most was the family atmosphere I had with my coworkers and that I learned a lot there.
Pros
Excellent culture and morale
Cons
Was asked to take on more responsibility and yet get paid the same.
Terrible Culture
Development (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI19 May 2014
It doesn't matter how much experience you have in your field outside of Emergent. The only thing that counts is your experience with Emergent. The culture is toxic. Management with the help of HR get away with treating people with no respect.
Laboratory and manufacturing
Microbiologist l (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD25 April 2014
Stocking the lab, going into the fill, completeing fill paperwork, enviornmental monitoring and reading plates. I learned how to set up the rooms for the fil. The hardest part of the the job is going into the fill. You have to have bladder control because you can be in the fill for 4 hrs and 5 hrs in a media fill. Media fills are long and consistant.
Pros
Great team envornment
Cons
Short breaks, pay is never the same mostly less
werken in het buitenland binnen een groeiende organisatie
Ondersteuner logistiek (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2014
De werkzaamheden waren wisselend, waardoor je meerdere aspecten leerde kennen binnen het bedrijf. Het werken binnen teamverband was een aangename ervaring.
Pros
Werken binnen een team.
Cons
het werken bij piekdagen als oproepkracht
Potentially great company
NATIONAL SALES DIRECTOR - US (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PA (remote)25 November 2013
As a remote NSD the job was to work out of the home office in Berwyn and in the field. Job changed from every three weeks in the home office and one week in the field to every week in the field or home office. Travel increased with no family balance. Position should be based in Berwyn to meet the expectations of the company. The company is Canadian based, with a manufacture driven view. They would like to become a commercially driven entity, but have a long way to go. Extremely high turnover with a cloudy vision given by the executive team.
Pros
cash heavy, acquisition mode
Cons
socialistic type mentality, poor pay and bonus and benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emergent Biosolutions. Our community is ready to answer.