Emergent Biosolutions
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Emergent Biosolutions Employee Reviews

required to work hard and always be available - after hours, weekends and during vacations.
people who rose within the organization tended to be individuals who were not in tune with what was going on within the organization
Working for Centric Parts through Emergent was ok, not the best as they tend to have a very poor choice of employment rights although they say they are equal and are willing to help the growth of the company has always been more important than the safety and health of their employees. It is great knowing you will always have work Monday-Friday plus overtime when needed.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Horrible human resource and management decision
hard working people that make the company go, layoffs whenever they feel like it, hard work normally goes un noticed. good hours, clean safe place to work
Pros
people
Cons
some
The company has grown significantly. Lots of opportunities and lots of positive changes over the past years but growth pains too just like any company going through significant growth and change. Ehtical company with a strong CEO. Work along side many talented people.
Pros
Growth, good pay and benefits, opportunity to get out of it what you put in
Cons
Still a lot of change and some not happening as quickly as desired
The company did more for me in terms of personal growth and benefits than I thought any company ever would. The work/life balance left something to be desired and compensation was a little lacking for my position.
Long hours are always encouraged without the recognition or compensation
Management does not embrace the values of the organization but forces the staff to use them

Management always seemed unprepared for audits when lower level personnel pulled the majority of the weight
Pros
Good benefits and company off site functions
Cons
Terrible management, some questionnable practices, no work life balance
Would never recommend them as a good place to work.
Management is run by two people

Not a good place to work

I was treated very badly and constantly humiliated by the employees relations person in HR. Sr. Counsel can not be trusted.

Bullied.
Pros
Lots of coffee and snacks
Cons
everything
A good mix of routine and analysis, felt very valued at this company, and like my opinion mattered.
The hardest part was being told we need to work faster but no ideas ever came forward to achieve that goal. Constantly insisted the level of validation was too much in the accounting department, regardless of a GMP facility with government contracts.
Pros
Great Benefits, Happy Employees
Cons
Inflexible to change and lower validation
Secure career path overall. Employees are enjoyable to work with.
I was in charge of completing testing on animals using the anthrax virus and vaccine. I would clean caging,feed and water animals, complete housekeeping, They had me start revising and authoring SOP's. I was a certified trainer as well and in charge of training staff.I learned that the job possessed a great deal of growth. If you showed desire to learn they offered classes and training. I learned what it takes working in an environment that is highly FDA regulated. My co-workers were great. we worked well as a team and we would all hang out after work/go to lunches together. For the most part i liked management there. They were fair and allowed the employees to do their job. Hardest part of the job was having to test animals. What I enjoyed most was the family atmosphere I had with my coworkers and that I learned a lot there.
Pros
Excellent culture and morale
Cons
Was asked to take on more responsibility and yet get paid the same.
It doesn't matter how much experience you have in your field outside of Emergent. The only thing that counts is your experience with Emergent. The culture is toxic. Management with the help of HR get away with treating people with no respect.
Stocking the lab, going into the fill, completeing fill paperwork, enviornmental monitoring and reading plates. I learned how to set up the rooms for the fil. The hardest part of the the job is going into the fill. You have to have bladder control because you can be in the fill for 4 hrs and 5 hrs in a media fill. Media fills are long and consistant.
Pros
Great team envornment
Cons
Short breaks, pay is never the same mostly less
De werkzaamheden waren wisselend, waardoor je meerdere aspecten leerde kennen binnen het bedrijf. Het werken binnen teamverband was een aangename ervaring.
Pros
Werken binnen een team.
Cons
het werken bij piekdagen als oproepkracht
As a remote NSD the job was to work out of the home office in Berwyn and in the field. Job changed from every three weeks in the home office and one week in the field to every week in the field or home office. Travel increased with no family balance. Position should be based in Berwyn to meet the expectations of the company. The company is Canadian based, with a manufacture driven view. They would like to become a commercially driven entity, but have a long way to go. Extremely high turnover with a cloudy vision given by the executive team.
Pros
cash heavy, acquisition mode
Cons
socialistic type mentality, poor pay and bonus and benefits
Enjoyed the positions I held with Cangene for 12 years. Unfortunately the US plasma centers were sold which led to the lay off of Corporate plasma positions in the US.
Lots to work on - often too much with priorities and focus shifting very quickly. Frustrating management at times.
Perform Internal Control Reviews.

Develop policies with scientist to ensure proper measures for the anthrax vaccine existed.
All managment does with a problem is fire the guy below them, you could never do anything right with this company
Pros
Money
Cons
nothing else good about working there it is miserable
I thoroughly enjoy working at Emergent BioSolutions as a Protective Servives Officer. However, there isn't any opportunities for advancement into a career type position.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
advancement
Cangene Corporation has realigned their business direction which no longer includes the US plasma centers. Enjoyed my 11 years in Quality Assurance in the US centers.
Pros
gained a wealth of knowledge and got to work with some great people
Cons
elimination of our division
The best job I've ever had. Work was fun and fast and everyone was willing to learn and teach new techniques. All employees participated in group activities that kept everyone close. I learned how to work in a lab and that communication is the key to successful relationships. Management was great and encouraged group activities. Hardest part of the job was when the company went under and had to leave. The best part of the job was the people.
Pros
great people with great philosophy
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emergent Biosolutions. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7