Emergent Biosolutions Employee Reviews in Lansing, MI

Excellent place to work
Senior External Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI15 November 2019
This company supports Family work life balance. Upper management supports employees growth and development at all levels of the company, Low stress environment and positive Culture.
Great place to learn and grow, but be patient.
Microbiologist / Specialist I, QC Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI6 November 2019
It was a fast paced, execting environment with enough mentors and walking examples that can show you the culture and expectations. Upper mgmt were as transparent as they could reasonably be, and held regular meetings to explain the plans and and finiancial goals regularly. Much was expected at times but was a human place to work with some flexibility. The best part of the job was knowing your work could preserve life.
Good place to learn a lot
Pharmaceutical manufacturing lab associates (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI24 October 2019
Overall my personal experience has been pretty good. I work with a decent group of individuals, i have a flexible schedule, on site gym, security, cafeteria, and management tries to be accommodating. Its not perfect but i have been to worse.
Cons
HR could be more efficient
Productive and fun place to work.
Specialist 1, QC Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI18 July 2019
Got opportunity to purchase new state of the art equipment and validate and implement for routine use. It is good to work for Emergent. I was given the opportunity to set up lab for MicroCount equipment for microbial count and ID.
Senior Materials Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI6 February 2019
When I started at Emergent it was a relaxed fun place to work, WE worked diligently and effectively . As the company grow the morale would take a hit now and then. Management styles changed some to the good some to the bad
Pros
Benefits, vacation time
Cons
over-stressed at times
Productive company with great employees. Very collaborative environment within each departments.
QUALITY DOCUMENTATION ASSISTANT TECH (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI19 July 2018
Management was open to new ideas. Workplace culture was friendly and inviting. I learned how the quality department function and the importance of accurate documentation and time management of task.
Good Place to Work
Engineering & Validation Intern (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI6 July 2018
I enjoy my time at Emergent BioSolutions. High paced work environment. Given many opportunities to learn new skills. Hours are fairly flexible. Some positions are more difficult than others and present unique challenges.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
High-Paced Work Environment
What have you done for me today
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI18 June 2018
Truly a good place to work but they have no loyalty. Everything must be yes regardless of your thoughts at times. Middle management is pretty good but the highest group of leaders need to follow the example they want all others to follow. Nice gym on site, good food at the café. It's really good that a lot of things are on site because you will be there a lot!
Pros
Compensation, Benefits and working level people
Cons
Long hours, favoritism, snap decisions and sometimes anger and retirbution.
Immune to listening. Leadership out of touch with workforce
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI27 April 2018
Leadership neither listens to nor believes the truth about the what is really happening within the culture or operations of the company. Instead, they prefer their ears be tickled by managers who are driven by self-preservation and personal gain.

Leadership is dumbfounded repeatedly by the discontent expressed on culture surveys. These experience-based responses are viewed as an aberration, unrepresentative of the culture as a whole despite receiving similar feedback year after year after year.

Suggestions for improvement are not vetted, but quickly invalidated and discarded if they do not originate from the top. Its not that leadership doesn't care, they just seem unable to comprehend the incongruency between their own experience and the experience of others.

Some employees hang on because of generous vacation benefits, the comfort of stable wages or personal relationships within the company. Many, many others have left, though, frustrated by the slow pace of change.
Pros
Shiny on the outside, profitable.
Cons
Silo departmental behavior, non-collaborative passive-aggressive working environment.
Challenging
Metrology Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI22 March 2018
Meetings, meetings, meetings and very little is accomplished. Many projects are hurry to get it done. Most projects lack qualified leadership, decisions are made by unqualified people..
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
management loves meetings
Amazing co-workers; Horrible management
Technician, Inspection & Packaging (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI 489065 March 2018
Only thing I got out of working here is that they seem to think more management means better management. Very top heavy. Shallow managers. Watch your back.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Horrible bosses
Manufactoring Associate.
Laboratory Technician (Anthrax Vaccine Adsorbed) (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI12 February 2018
This is a good starter job out of college with opportunities for advancement. Hours were longer, 12Hr. shifts but you are compensated will longer weekends off.
Don't Apply Here ...Don't!!
None (Current Employee) –  Lansing6 December 2017
This place is disgusting re how they treat employees. Seen several good associates leave or say thrown out the door and the dirt reasons stays hidden. Work loads are on overload; they are in the stone age still re; their claim to work life balance; you can't even work home 1 day a week if you wanted but they continue to state false claims promoting work life balance.
Lots of dead end jobs so don't waste your time thinking this is a place that promotes from within; they like to bypass internal applicants re promotion because this company does NOT CARE about you anyways.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Wonderful Temp Job
Analyst I, Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI5 December 2017
I was hired in on a contract and it is the best job I've ever had. I hope that I am brought I after my contract expires. The benefits for temp workers aren't great.
Pros
Great atmosphere, great coworkers
Cons
Temporary
Special Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI22 June 2017
The company was a great place to work. The executive staff and their assistants were very easy to work with. Advancement opportunities were always available. The culture of the company was one of an open door policy.
Great place to make the world and yourself better
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI5 December 2016
The culture at Emergent made it amazing, people there follow 5 core values to include: respect, commitment, communication, empowerment and innovation. This combination got everybody on the same page and made you love coming to work.
Pros
Cons
Priority management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI20 November 2016
This is a vey reputable company. Some jobs operate on a shift schedule. The company however offers amenties tat allows the employee to be comfortable while working late and weekend shifts.
Lack of Core Values
Regulatory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI14 November 2016
Lack of trust and dishonesty abound. Due to their reliance on government funding they are blocked by red tape and can't get out of their way. More political than strategic
Want to wake up and go to workl.
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI4 November 2016
Have enjoyed my time here. Wish I could continue working with such a great work force. Have learned a lot and would love to continue to learn.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI31 October 2016
Emergent Biosolutions is a great place to work. Excellent environment and I learned a lot throughout my time working there. Quick career advancement if you are a hard working employee. Only reason I am looking for other employment is because they are downsizing and I was a part of an employee severance.
Pros
Compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emergent Biosolutions. Our community is ready to answer.